MERGED->please drop Bullet and Elevation!+already bored this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bullet has just been overplayed, that's all. Pride is terribly overplayed, IMO, as well.

Elevation should never be played again. Terrible song. I would understand if U2 had a catalogue of 2 albums, but with the wealth of material, one cannot justify playing Elevation.

Beleive it or not, some people outside the world DO appreciate what America has done for the world. And sorry to disappoint you anti-American jerks, but Bono doesn't hate America either.

Arcadion said:
Beleive it or not, some people outside the world DO appreciate what America has done for the world. And sorry to disappoint you anti-American jerks, but Bono doesn't hate America either.

what are you, 12?

of course the states has done a lot of good. i never said they hadn't.

~anti-american jerk

Zoomerang96 said:
but 'please' is perfectly relevant, and is one of the most chilling songs u2's ever made, no?

substituting please for bullet would be amazing, youre a genius

dont get me wrong, i have always loved bullet, its one of the few songs where edge can really show off, the zootv version makes me cream my pants everytime

but its true, its lost its luster this tour

bringing back a full band version of please to replace it would be perfect

Edge seems to play the solo w/o the benefit of hitting that A or D string that created so much fuzz. It's more delicate now. His playing is great, but the solo needs that fuzz.

u2_england said:

Get bent!
They should record more anti-American songs - you guys are really fucked up!

Do you really know what people outside of America think of you?

We all think you're a bunch of bible-bashing gun-toting burger-eating paranoid war-mongering mad Yanks!

Before you all get defensive, and offensive, I know you're all not like that.

F*ck, you've given birth to some of the greatest musicians actors, artists, writers, etc EVER! - include into that people like MLK, Lincoln and Marilyn Monroe (drool) - but the majority of countries really do abhor you!

You're hated as a country not as a people - if you know what I mean.

And when you lot vote George (I'm a war president) Bush back into power then you deserve all the shit you're going to get.

I applaud Bono for going on stage in America and giving your country shit - Amen!

Knock the UK as much as you want - we're fucked up too!

I think I speak for all Americans when I say that a) I don't give a flying fuck what other countries think about me or my country and b) you and all your euro-centric, elitist, asshole countries should feel free to pat yourselves on the back while your economies sputter, your cultures collapse under the weight of unchecked immigration, and you realize that the only reason you haven't gotten the shit kicked out of you by any number of invading armies is that the United States has been watching your back since WWII. Meanwhile, we Americans will be keeping the world safe for democracy, getting rich off our efforts, and occasionally taking time off for a cheesburger.

u2_england said:

And when you lot vote George (I'm a war president) Bush back into power then you deserve all the shit you're going to get.

Not all of us want W in office...

But back to the topic, I still enjoy Bullet every time I see/hear it and am very much looking forward to seeing it performed live in October. Not so much for the message as the music itself.

Regardless of what you think of a song's message, if you like the music, you like the music. That's all there is to it.

Bullet is now the "Hey, let's go get a t-shirt now" song.

Elevation is just weak. It's like a cheerleading tune.

nicholsfornixon said:

Meanwhile, we Americans will be keeping the world safe for democracy, getting rich off our efforts, and occasionally taking time off for a cheeseburger.

:eek: :lol: :lmao:

And maybe some sushi every once in a while.

But do we need to get into Euro-Amex pissing contests here. Shouldn't we all be rising above that? I doesn't seem to be part of U2's message.

USA! USA! USA!

Anyways... Edge changed up the solo again... so I say keep playing Bullet the Blue Sky if its an opportunity to hear Edge improvise. Lord knows I would like to see Edge stretch himself live. If U2 is going to have more varied setlists then I believe they shouldn't drop any songs.

Only thing I'd want to drop Bullet for is Ultraviolet or maybe, well, no that's wishful thinking...

Acrobat....

setlist

A u2 concert is great no matter what the set list is BUT I would love to see them play the following-

please
until the end of the world
stay (full band)
ultraviolet
kite

maybe do an acoustic version of original of the species..

i wouldn't be heartbroken if they dropped bullet. it's definately not a favorite of mine but whatever they pay is fine with me...i'm just happy to see them

I love Bullet the blue sky, it's one of my favourite, but on this tour, so far, it's crap!!!
I hurts me to say it's crap, because I love it so much the way it was played during ZOOTV and ELEVATION but now.... my God, it's even worse than during POP Mart.....

Overall, the SD2 concert is not bad, I LOVE the setlist, but songs like Bullet, Running, Yahweh, WOWY are VERY badly played!

I think U2 is decreasing, seriously, it's the 1st time in 15 years that I believe that and I feel bad about it. I hope my mind will change over the summer since I'll see them 3 times.....

Peace

Bullet is my least favorite song.. Its just blah. But I hear there is a fighter jet that "flys" across the screens during the song. It least I may be entertained by the video screens during the song.

man, i think bullet has a poignancy more today than it ever has. and i think bono singing "johnny come marching home," over the quiet ending is one of the most powerful things they've done in a long time.

Pride really, really, really, really needs to go. Badly. This song stopped being good live after the 80s. Please kill it.

inmyplace13 said:
Only thing I'd want to drop Bullet for is Ultraviolet or maybe, well, no that's wishful thinking...

Acrobat....

Excellent suggestion. Bullet blows rod. It's one of their worst songs ever. At the two shows I've been two in my life, everyone has left to either get a beer or take a piss during Bullet. Including me.

Yahweh_OMG said:
I love Bullet the blue sky, it's one of my favourite, but on this tour, so far, it's crap!!!
I hurts me to say it's crap, because I love it so much the way it was played during ZOOTV and ELEVATION but now.... my God, it's even worse than during POP Mart.....

Hmm, I really like the newer version of it. :shrug: The new ending sounds great to me. It gives me chills. Edge's guitar sounds so dismal and depressing...I think it adds a wonderful spin to the song.

I've always loved Bullet (it's so fun to play on guitar!), so I'd be a little disappointed if they ever dropped it. Note, however, that if Acrobat was played in place of it, I definitely wouldn't complain. :wink:

Bullet The Blue Sky is a catharsis. It rocks. Hard. Adding Hands to the end of it was a great idea. Edge's new slower solo is really great...not quite as great as the Bullet on ZooTV, but still great none the less. Oh, it's not sing-along-able. Boo hoo. Oh, it's not upbeat. Boo hoo. Oh, it's not a light/fun song. Boo hoo. Oh, it's really heavy and makes you think at a rock show - for shame! Boo hoo.

Bullet fucking rocks.

Pride, on the other hand, I agree, should perhaps be given a rest.

Loving Bullet all the way. A great new solo and removed ending makes it better than it was before. I like it, and it should stay. But Elevation must go!

Back
Top Bottom