MERGED->please drop Bullet and Elevation!+already bored this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand wanting some more variety, but bray, did Elevation have the variety you were looking for? I've heard enough bootlegs from that show to know that with a few exceptions, it was pretty much the same set of songs. Some shows got "Out of Control," some got "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" or what-have-you.

at least the elevation tour was indoors so the songs had more impact. and i thought the setlist worked great. thats why im so bummed about sunday bloody sunday ( surrender would be better...or seconds) and bullet the blue sky. even the fly which was played the first half of elevation. there is nothing wrong with their older less played songs. everybody who reasds these posts from now on should ask themselves is my favorite song played this tour. or better yet pick their favorite song from each album

The Chicago media is tearing this tour apart. 2 articles, 2 VERY negative reviews, which point out this show is contrived and full of "tired old war horses" meant to keep the masses happy.

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the set sucks.

MrBrau1 said:
The Chicago media is tearing this tour apart. 2 articles, 2 VERY negative reviews, which point out this show is contrived and full of "tired old war horses" meant to keep the masses happy.

Yes, because An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station, 40, and the like are most certainly "tired old war horses".

Axver said:

Yes, because An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Running To Stand Still, Zoo Station, 40, and the like are most certainly "tired old war horses".

Your right. This tour is great! Thanks for showing me the way! I love it now: SBS, Bullet, NYD, Streets, Pride, One, etc are songs I NEED to hear for the 1000th time. You're so right!

MrBrau1 said:

Your right. This tour is great! Thanks for showing me the way! I love it now: SBS, Bullet, NYD, Streets, Pride, One, etc are songs I NEED to hear for the 1000th time. You're so right!

those songs you just mentioned were performed beautifully on Saturday night. while they were being played, i wasn't sitting there wishing for something else.

MrBrau1 said:

One of the reviewers being JimDeRogatis who is notorious for his anti-U2 agenda. Funny enough every single review I've read on this tour has been positive except his.

This tour has had very few "war horses" played, compared to U2 tours in the past. I didn't know 3 specifically named songs equaled "at least half" of what was a 23 song set.

Last edited:
mikal said:

those songs you just mentioned were performed beautifully on Saturday night. while they were being played, i wasn't sitting there wishing for something else.

I'm sure they were great. But why should that affect my opinion that they've been played to death?

U2girl said:

One of the reviewers being JimDeRogatis who is notorious for his anti-U2 agenda. Funny enough every single review I've read on this tour has been positive except his.

This tour has had very few "war horses" played, compared to U2 tours in the past.

If I have to dicsount JimDeRogatis' review because his attitude is "anti-U2", then I have to do the same w/ the opinion of every member of this board, as being pro-U2.

MrBrau1 said:

I'm sure they were great. But why should that affect my opinion that they've been played to death?

it wasn't supposed to change your opinion. i was just stating a fact.

at least the elevation tour was indoors so the songs had more impact

This tour is indoors as well.

As for Jim Derogatis, doesn't he hate everyone? He always sounds so damn cranky and "above it all." I read his review and to be honest, didn't put much stock into what he had to say. (And yes, I am a U2 fan who can accept criticism of the band.)

This tour is indoors as well.

i know its indoors thats why they should have left out most of the songs they did on the elevation tour . surrender or seconds for sunday bloody sunday , one tree hill or in Gods country for bullet the blue sky , the unforgettable fire for pride , and played more off the new album like crumbs and original species.

As for Jim Derogatis, doesn't he hate everyone?

jim derogatis is an asshole. he was probably beat up everyday of his youth , has all of barry manilows albums . and cant get erect. i notice alot of the people posting here also post on pearl jam and pearl jam , at least for me , raised the bar of how a band should tour with everchanging setlists. shit even rem changed their setlist nightly. i read somewhere ( ithink in the pop program) that larry said the band is not good enough to vary their setlist nightly. i think it has to do with the programming the edge uses for guitar effects

Back
Top Bottom