MERGED->Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread+The most boring setlist so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Brussels - The most boring setlist so far

Please, you can do better.

Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh

The Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread

Read'em and wip (or however you spell that :mad: )

SETLIST
:
Vertigo
The Cry / The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still (accoustic)
Human Rights Video
One

ENCORE(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

I rest my case...

Too few, too traditional, NO surprises, nothing new, very short list, just plain boring.

OK, there were no surprises, but then I wasn't really expecting any 1st show. This will change and I'm sure it was a great show tonight, can't wait. :madspit:

This isn't Zoo TV.. and it's not even rare AB songs like Wild Horses and Ultra Violet.

Btw you forgot ABOY before Yahweh and Vertigo after.

why would they play wild horses again?

it was played once on the first leg

that hardly makes it a staple of the tour

I see nothing wrong with the set list.....don't know what you are griping about. I'd be happy to hear them sing all those songs -- again!

play it cool said:
OK, there were no surprises, but then I wasn't really expecting any 1st show. This will change and I'm sure it was a great show tonight, can't wait. :madspit:

you can't denie that it is at leat questionable that they skip one boysong or Gloria I mean come one you skip 40 AND a boy song..
a very mediocre set in comparrison to all the other sets (anaheim april 1st was worse)...Again it is BS to play a mediocre song twice (not a single, not a classic) they have tons of material people are dying to hear and they play unos dos etc...just end with out of control and I will follow(or something)...

the reason I'm dissapointed is that the band sais they would mix up the set...to say they haven't delivered is an understatement..
Don't get me wrong their are the top but they choose poorly setlistwise...it's not like they are 18 and have 10 songs and a cover

It's a crappy setlist. It's so boring, I've even started a thread about it. Let's flame the Brussel show big time :) We know they can do better, and we deserve better ;)

Re: Brussels - The most boring setlist so far

U2Man said:
Please, you can do better.

Vertigo
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
One

Encore(s):
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh

You forgot about All Because of You and second Vertigo.

StlElevation said:
why would they play wild horses again?

it was played once on the first leg

that hardly makes it a staple of the tour

why would they play vertigo..it was played 2 hours before:wink:

U2Man said:
It's a crappy setlist. It's so boring, I've even started a thread about it. Let's flame the Brussel show big time :) We know they can do better, and we deserve better ;)

exactely..

Sorry about that then, it was taken from u2-vertigo-tour. It's still one big disappointing crap-opening-show, though.:wink:

U2Man said:
Sorry about that then, it was taken from u2-vertigo-tour. It's still one big disappointing crap-opening-show, though.:wink:

maybe they got confused whe they started to play Vertigo again...why the hell would they play this song twice..
It's a very poor set indeed

I don*t know what is going on?why some people always complaint?Setlist is excellent,and the best thing -there are 5 songs from AB and Vertigo at the end-again! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS WAS A ROCK and ROLL SHOW!

This setlist sucks. I couldn't help laughing when I read the title of this thread, though. :wink:

ludilobrate said:
I don*t know what is going on?why some people always complaint?Setlist is excellent,and the best thing -there are 5 songs from AB and Vertigo at the end-again! PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS WAS A ROCK and ROLL SHOW!

Well, I wasn't there. Can't judge the performance. It's the setlist we are complaining about. Why are they promoting AB? I thought HTDAAB was the new album. Where's Crumbs? Haven't they had around about 14 days to rehearse it? Why not just ONE single song that they haven't played endlessly before on this tour?

U2Man said:

Well, I wasn't there. Can't judge the performance. It's the setlist we are complaining about. Why are they promoting AB? I thought HTDAAB was the new album. Where's Crumbs? Haven't they had around about 14 days to rehearse it? Why not just ONE single song that they haven't played endlessly before on this tour?

They played more songs from HTDAAB than AB. Most people who go to the shows only get to go to one show.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

vertigo at the end would be very nice if it wasn't played just 2 hours before I mean come on they have 360 songs to chose from

Can somebody please tell me why they play Vertigo twice ?? I know its not the first time but i have never figured out why they waste precious concert time and play the same crap twice.

anyone think that they did a classic setlist for all the European press?
Almost everyone is going to be at the FIRST show of the tour, so once the reviews are all good they can fuck around with the setlist and whip out Electrical Storm and Crumbs.

But for the 1st show they played it safe so as to not have a Staring At The Sun incident like in Vegas for Popmart.

Think about it, usually the 1st night in a city is the classic setlist (that's usually the show that gets reviewed by most of the press, few papers review the next shows in the same city) and then they mix it up.

Chicago is a perfect example of that biting them in the ass though, since the Chicago papers lit them up for the 1st night's performance, and then didn't review the other shows.
I'll blame the shitty 1st night on the DVD though...

Just be patient... if that's possible for U2 fans!

Back
Top Bottom