MERGED->Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread+The most boring setlist so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
menelaos said:
Vertigo twice is unnessecery IMO...
Seen a show where they play it two times yet? The first time everyone is still gettin' into the concert and it's pretty tame. The second time the crowd pretty much goes ape and they drag a huge fucker of a lightshow along with them.

Nothing is necessary, but it sure isn't 'too much' :)

Vertigo is a good opener BUT the light show if it is anything like the arena leg needs to be seen under cover of dark. I reckon they should try opening with ABOY, it is perhaps the rockiest song on the album but for a reason i cant figure out lacks something live, it doesnt work towards the end of the set imo and it is not particularly enhanced by the stageshow whereas Vertigo is.

zwervers2 said:

you can't denie that it is at leat questionable that they skip one boysong or Gloria I mean come one you skip 40 AND a boy song..
a very mediocre set in comparrison to all the other sets (anaheim april 1st was worse)...Again it is BS to play a mediocre song twice (not a single, not a classic) they have tons of material people are dying to hear and they play unos dos etc...just end with out of control and I will follow(or something)...

the reason I'm dissapointed is that the band sais they would mix up the set...to say they haven't delivered is an understatement..
Don't get me wrong their are the top but they choose poorly setlistwise...it's not like they are 18 and have 10 songs and a cover

Like I said, it's the first show and they probably wanted to play it safe, with all the new technology on stage. Yes, it would have been more interesting to have a Gloria os something thrown in, but these will probably come.

I don't think that they'll be playing too much of the more obscure stuff on this leg though as they're playing to a bigger audience, a large proportion of whom won't be die-hards.

As for what Adam may have said about what might be played on this leg, I can't see much Pop stuff being played given Bono's recent comments on the album.

We're one show into the leg. Those that were there said it was amazing. To write the show off from the comfort of your own home is ridiculous.:huh:

If playing Vertigo as the last song is good and cool and really "rocking" why they just play something else in the start of the concert instead of Vertigo..?
OOC and IWF are waiting...
As for the us fans some of you, the most of you will go and watch the boys 3 or 4 times...Because we see them only once every 4 years we want to listen to the best show that they can play...
:adam:

I've stopped reading this "discussion" at page 3 (No tabloid stuff:wink: ). I was there, had a good spot...pitch-first circle and the people went "bezirk":bump: as they started and only cooled down at the usual songs (f.i. One, Bono's message).
Even when Vertigo came around for the second time:silent:....so don't forget all U out there...I just a band ENTERTAINING there crowd and they liked it!

:wave:

You'll hear it all later!!!:whistle:

Freddyteep said:
I've stopped reading this "discussion" at page 3 (No tabloid stuff:wink: ). I was there, had a good spot...pitch-first circle and the people went "bezirk":bump: as they started and only cooled down at the usual songs (f.i. One, Bono's message).
Even when Vertigo came around for the second time:silent:....so don't forget all U out there...I just a band ENTERTAINING there crowd and they liked it!

:wave:

You'll hear it all later!!!:whistle:

The pictures from the show look amazing :hyper: I wish I could have gone. It must have been great :yes: :bow:

Well, have been to Brussels, and the band was good! The audience was tame and lame. Had FOS tickets, and even there most of the folks around us only reacted to SBS and Pride...
I have all the bootlegs from leg 1, and if I had seen the setlist before I'd said it's a boring one. But it wasn't. NYD, One, Electric Co., and some others were different. And they rocked!

Please, don't bitch about playing Vertigo 2 times before you have been to such a show. It worked very, very well. Full circle.

The only downer was the audience, and the fact that I could read the setlist via Larrys cam right in the first few seconds of the show.

The stage is good, the show is not perfect yet, IMO. Some things are working just fine, others have to be worked upon over the next few shows.

play it cool said:

We're one show into the leg. Those that were there said it was amazing. To write the show off from the comfort of your own home is ridiculous.:huh:

The comfort of my home I stayed up till 03.16 or something lol..
I can not remember writting of the show.I wrote of the setlist. There was somebody from Greece (I think) who couldn't have said it better. If Vertigo is a showstopper with all the lights and everything just play it later in the set..Open with Aboy or Out fo control or something like that instead.
Of course they need to find themselves comfortable in stadiums again and everything will be fine. It still is strange that they said in november they would mix it up big time which IMHO they haven't done. I'm used to this way U2 creates their set but I don't understand why they have said that to begin with....they have never said it before with other tours as far as I can remember

Oh one thing, the responds of some people is of the scale here. the fuck offs give me your ticket and everything. who are you to critisize my intentions a "used to be cool" singer once "sang"..I'm 31 been around since mid 80's travelled half the globe to see these guys and even if I was 16 and never have seen a show..so what? everybody has a right to their constructive opinions that's what forums are al about...There is no questions everybody will have a GREAT time when they attend the shows this summer. but that was never the issue i believe..Rock on:wink:

zwervers2 said:

The comfort of my home I stayed up till 03.16 or something lol..
I can not remember writting of the show.I wrote of the setlist. There was somebody from Greece (I think) who couldn't have said it better. If Vertigo is a showstopper with all the lights and everything just play it later in the set..Open with Aboy or Out fo control or something like that instead.
Of course they need to find themselves comfortable in stadiums again and everything will be fine. It still is strange that they said in november they would mix it up big time which IMHO they haven't done. I'm used to this way U2 creates their set but I don't understand why they have said that to begin with....they have never said it before with other tours as far as I can remember

Oh one thing, the responds of some people is of the scale here. the fuck offs give me your ticket and everything. who are you to critisize my intentions a "used to be cool" singer once "sang"..I'm 31 been around since mid 80's travelled half the globe to see these guys and even if I was 16 and never have seen a show..so what? everybody has a right to their constructive opinions that's what forums are al about...There is no questions everybody will have a GREAT time when they attend the shows this summer. but that was never the issue i believe..Rock on:wink:

Constructive opinions are great; my whole point on this (and other threads) is that we're one, yes that's one, show into this leg. With a production of this scale, opportunities for spontaneity will be less, and they have to cater for a less hardcore audience. But I'm sure you'll see some change to the setlist as we go on - I certainly hope so. But give them a f*cking chance! It's funny, those who went say how great it was, some who didn't merely gripe about the setlist!

play it cool said:

Constructive opinions are great; my whole point on this (and other threads) is that we're one, yes that's one, show into this leg. With a production of this scale, opportunities for spontaneity will be less, and they have to cater for a less hardcore audience. But I'm sure you'll see some change to the setlist as we go on - I certainly hope so. But give them a f*cking chance! It's funny, those who went say how great it was, some who didn't merely gripe about the setlist!

Of course they say how great it was...it IS the best liveband in the world! hahaha..look: even on an offday they are on top of their game but after seeing the footage of bart it is clear that vertigo needs the be played ONCE and later in the set because the visuals are :drool: ...I still feel the same as last night about this...and the comments about everybody wnet nuts..they would also go crazy with I will follow and at least that's another song which you might even consider a classic :wink:

I think it's great that people do not agree with eachother but some people (calling themselves HARDCORE-fans) have a lot of problems keeping it civilized. they haven't learned a lot from this bands music and ethics unfortunetaly

love and peace

zwervers2 said:

I'm ready,ready for a setlist change
I'm ready for electrical storm
ready for crumbs, ready for wire
ready for the unforgettable fire
I'm ready, ready for a change

:wink:

Very clever but leave Zoo Station alone thanks very much. It rocked the house in Madison Square Gardens and I've got my fingers crossed for Manchester. Vertigo twice? You have to be there to apprecate it.

1stOne said:

Very clever but leave Zoo Station alone thanks very much. It rocked the house in Madison Square Gardens and I've got my fingers crossed for Manchester. Vertigo twice? You have to be there to apprecate it.

what can I say I was drunk..it was very late:wink: i am not satisfied with this version lol

Vertigo twice? You have to be there to apprecate it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Vertigo twice is good, but i would rather hear Vertigo once + a.n.other

some of us won´t get the chance to hear U2 play ANY songs. maybe you should just appreciate that you´re lucky to be there rather than picking apart the set list. I´d happily watch a concert full of my least favourite songs right now!

honeychild said:
some of us won´t get the chance to hear U2 play ANY songs. maybe you should just appreciate that you´re lucky to be there rather than picking apart the set list. I´d happily watch a concert full of my least favourite songs right now!

I really don't understand this...
Because some people can't watch U2 live, the other should be delighted with whatever they play..?
And if they decide to sing a Britney song..?
What..?
We should be delighted and happy because this is U2..???:eyebrow:

*yawns

same old bitching......

i enjoy liking U2, personally. i'm glad i don't live my life loving a band, yet complaining about everything they've ever done.

zwervers2 said:

what can I say I was drunk..it was very late:wink: i am not satisfied with this version lol

It's alright ... it's alright ... it's alright ... it's alright
;)

waiting for next verse....

i was there......2 meter from the stage:madspit:

I really had a great time as allways ahen i se U2. I feel lucky that i am able to see them evrytime, and realise that thats not for everybody the case.

They let Larry decide how to end and he started Vertigo. The crowd as far as we saw and felt loved it.
I had a good night and can't wait till i see them in Amsterdam
:drool: The rievews were good as well, very good!!!
I am still in Brussels but if anybody got the mp3's I would love to have them....please let me know

Btw i got i think very great close up pictures but since it was a crappy show you all saw i guess nobody is interested:laugh:
If you want some and if i get the, right i can sent them ofcouse....

Love from Holland (Brussels today)
dutchfan

Last edited:
honeychild said:

Can't you get to any of the shows?

dutchfan said:

They let Larry decide how to end and he started Vertigo. The crowd as far as we saw and felt loved it.
I had a good night and can't wait till i see them in Amsterdam
:drool: The rievews were good as well, very good!!!
I am still in Brussels but if anybody got the mp3's I would love to have them....please let me know

Btw i got i think very great close up pictures but since it was a crappy show you all saw i guess nobody is interested:laugh:
If you want some and if i get the, right i can sent them ofcouse....

Love from Holland (Brussels today)
dutchfan

LOL :lol:

Good on ya mate - far too many moaning gets here!

Actually, I want you all to quit bitching.

This set is pretty much identical to what was played in North America, except they added Until The End Of The World where An Cat Dubh and The Ocean once was.

Anyone who thinks either of those songs are better than Until The End Of The World is the absolute minority. They finally found a way to fit in Until The End Of The World without messing with Zoo Station, and I'm happy they did.

OK, just because we just heard Boston 2/3 we can't expect such diversity and wit from them each night, especially not the opening night.

This is a great set, one of the best, and of course I'm still missing Bad, Crumbs and Original Of The Species, but they'll come, and it won't be long. This setlist bitching is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom