MERGED->Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread+The most boring setlist so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angel_28 said:
Wow! i think in all honesty some people missed bitching for the two weeks U2 were off...:laugh:

In all seriousness folks i agree with the many of you who say that if your a U2 fan who like to be surprised before going to a concert and not read or listen or watch anything about the tour that your gonna find the setlists amazing.
If you don't like what you see for this tour,for the next tour don't read watch or listen to a thing...then i guarentee you will be shocked at alot of the songs...just an idea.
I for one can't help myself and download every little thing i see about this tour.
But i don't complain, because i'm just not a real big complainer...but thats me :)

I just am damned..make it stop pleaseeeeeee:huh:

zwervers2 said:

I just am damned..make it stop pleaseeeeeee:huh:

but before I complain some more I am going to give my girlfiedn a kiss while she is asleep...I love you Eveline!!!!!!!!!!

gone are all the negatove thought u2 rules my world again :wink:

Europe was supposed to be the great savior, and save the setlist from it's US leg shitfest. Looks like Europe gets the same piece of shit set as the US.

MrBrau1 said:
Europe was supposed to be the great savior, and save the setlist from it's US leg shitfest. Looks like Europe gets the same piece of shit set as the US.

it's a ZOO out here right now:huh:

:lol: Well I knew these threads would pop up in abundance after I saw the rehearsal setlist from last night.

I commented then and I will again about it. U2 played it safe with the first show and they may for the next one. They did the same thing the last time they went from a complete arena leg to a complete stadium leg which was Zoo TV indoor to Outside Broadcast. They even rehearsed a bunch of other songs before Outside also, but the first "official" show in New Jersey they went right back to the original arena leg basic setlist. They are dealing with a completely new production, bigger space and a different feel for playing live. So based on their history it stands to reason they would stick with something similiar that they felt has worked.

The basic primary setlist structure for this tour will remain throughout (arena and stadium). It will be tweaked here and there, songs will be added and dropped, but the basic structure and order will remain. Now cities where they play more than 2 shows could see something unusual, but when they play single nights its going to look similiar to this setlist and what the single nights shows saw on the arena tour.

Dublin 3 should be interesting as well as the 2nd and/or third Amsterdam shows. It will be interesting to see what the B setlist will be for Europe and if that will change much if at all. I doubt they will open every single show with Vertigo, but I guess you never know.

How about letting them play more than one show in Europe before bringing out the uber-bitching?

And "the great savior"? Puh-leeze. It's a U2 show, not Jesus Chris Himself. (Or, insert your favorite deity here in JC's place.)

(insert Bono = "Little Lord Jesus" joke here)

Last edited:
No kidding - what a bunch of whiners. Geez. One concert and everyone's in panic mode. Settle down, I'm sure we'll be seeing more interesting setlists as the tour progresses.

Blue Room said:
I doubt they will open every single show with Vertigo, but I guess you never know.

I'm thinking they will rotate with Love And Peace....and maybe in the mixed up sets long shots like Streets or Zoo Station, Could happen....(not likely)

I live in Toronto. We get them when you guys are finished complaining about setlists. I wonder what everyone will say after the tour's over. I wonder what everyone will say when they don't come to your city next time around.

"I remember seeing them in 05". "I can't believe they are not coming to our city this time around".

Bring them on... I don't give a shit what they play.

OmiGOD!!! It's true America got fucked and now Europe got fucked too!!!!! ARRRGH!

P.S. Give it a rest guys, it's only the first show for heaven's sake.

Last edited:
Its not that bad, although it gets me kind of angered when they play Vertigo twice...I mean is that really needed? besides that its not bad, pretty much what one has to expect..although they brought back zoo station, not my fav song but it could be worse...they could get up there and play a 2 hour long concert of grace...actually that sounds kind of intresting.

Most that were actually at the shows they played Vertigo twice thought it actually worked nicely being done twice. May not translate on a list or even a bootleg that way, but it works if you are there.

Like I said before, the freak outs, whining, etc. are amusing and completely predictable. This band has approached their live shows the same way for decades, why do some of you suddenly think it will ALL change drastically all of a sudden? They have already done some out of the ordinary things with this tour setlist wise compared to some of their other tours. I think some more things are yet to come. But some of you are completely unrealistic about the situation and obviously believe every BS story online about what they "rehearsed". 70% of what I have seen regarding that is crap. You are going to see the greatest rock band in the world. Enjoy it, who knows how many more times you will be able to.

loverippedaway said:
Its not that bad, although it gets me kind of angered when they play Vertigo twice...I mean is that really needed? besides that its not bad, pretty much what one has to expect..although they brought back zoo station, not my fav song but it could be worse...they could get up there and play a 2 hour long concert of grace...actually that sounds kind of intresting.

playing vertigo twice is better than playing 40 at the end of the concert easily.

Playing Vertigo twice was cool the first few times they did it, now it's no longer that fun surprise ... except for the many fans who attend the show fresh, and have no idea it's coming.

you can't really predict when it's coming though even if you know that its a possibility. theres really been no pattern for when they play it twice.

i kind of figured they'd do it for boston 3, but all the other times it was a surprise. especially new jersey one after they played 40, had larry do his drum solo and then into vertigo again.

U2 plays what they want, when they want, simply because they are U2. Please people, just shut-up and enjoy the tour because who knows how many more they will do.

This constant insufferable whining is starting to wear on the real, hardcore U2 fans.

corianderstem said:
Playing Vertigo twice was cool the first few times they did it, now it's no longer that fun surprise ... except for the many fans who attend the show fresh, and have no idea it's coming.

Well, every "surprise" song will eventually become standard the more it's played.

Take for instance the "Boy" era songs. Where as it was shocking when it was heard songs such as The Electric Co. or An Cat Dubh were being rehearsed, towards the end of the 1st leg it was just "expected". It didn't mean those songs weren't as good, just not as "surprising". If they started playing other songs on a regular basis, people would be complaining about those in two months as well.

If they started playing other songs on a regular basis, people would be complaining about those in two months as well.

What? People complain about U2 setlists? Naaaaahhhhh.

:lol:

my hopes are this...

that on sunday evening, when the concert is finished, I get the chance to start this thread... which by default make everyone happy (except a few people):

"The Official BRUSSELS NIGHT 1 CROWD got Fucked!!!"

:wink:

let hope that happens :angel:

U2Man said:
Until the End of the World, oh yes, that was a new one, never heard that before in a U2 show in the last 13 years. And Zoo Station, yes, such a great tune, that was never played in the American leg.

Sell your fucking tickets then and stop fucking complaining. If you don't like the setlist, fine. Don't like it. Douchebags like you will cry no matter what they do, and even more so when they stop touring. Sack up and enjoy te show you're going to or shut the fuck up, we're tired of hearing about it.

The Paradise said:
U2 plays what they want, when they want, simply because they are U2. Please people, just shut-up and enjoy the tour because who knows how many more they will do.

This constant insufferable whining is starting to wear on the real, hardcore U2 fans.

um...I'll just leave the whining to you....

U2 fans are either passionate and knowledgable or insufferably stupid. Take your pick which one you are.

lemon_vr6 said:

Sell your fucking tickets then and stop fucking complaining. If you don't like the setlist, fine. Don't like it. Douchebags like you will cry no matter what they do, and even more so when they stop touring. Sack up and enjoy te show you're going to or shut the fuck up, we're tired of hearing about it.

How mature.

If you're tired of a discussion about this setlist, then maybe YOU should leave this thread.

I won't ask you to leave though, if you do have an opinion about the setlist (and not about me, my ticket), which I, sadly, don't think you have.

you guys are so un-rock n roll. most of you that are complaining arn't there or dont have to listen to the songs being played. you are expecting them to play different songs for YOU??? what about people who havnt seen the show yet. i have kept quiet because everyone is always fighting about this but seriously you guys who are complaining are getting rediculous. i agree that this forum is to discuss all things negative or not about the band but take a second and think about if it is even worth your time to complain about a band who is working their arses off to bring joy and fun to people all over the world. its kinda vicious the things you are saying. and they are becomming increasingly personal to the bands live credibility. continue to say that the setlists arnt good enough to your standards but i have to say it isnt very incouraging and is sort of a downer.

thats all. go ahead and throw your tomatoes. i dont care. maybe the people who are bummed that they dont have tickets at all should count their blessings and be glad that they dont have to sit through such a boring, predictable set.

p.s. sorry about the horrible structure of my ranting but im sooo tired.

Last edited:
If you think about it, you only have yourself to blame. U2 hasn't changed, they act as they've always done. I fully expected this kind of setlist. It's you lot who get your hopes up every time they get near to a certain city or when a new tour leg starts on the basis of all sorts of stupid rumors. I've seen similar moanings and wishfull thinking during the last tour. Oh, they're gonna play Acrobat, oh, they're going to play Crumbs, oh, songs from Zooropa/Pop, oh, I heared they have rehearsed insert generic rare classic X. They ain't NEVER going to play Acrobat, Crumbs and insert generic rare classic X!!! Get it into your thick skulls that A. rumors are just rumors, not the word from God written in stone tablets and B. just because they've played something rare does not mean they are going to play it. For all we know they tried playing it and came to the conclusion that it either didn't fit into their setlist or that the old magic doesn't seem to work for them. That is why they rehearse. Not just to practice the songs but also to see what works.

Now it may be that what we think works is different from U2 and surely playing Vertigo twice looks stupid on paper or a PC screen. But I kind of like it when they play Vertigo agin. I prefer it to 40 which just doesn't work like it used to when audiences knew how to carry a chant. Audiences are to spoiled/lazy to clamor for additional encores. Some people already get up and leave after the 1st encore. Hardly anyone expects a 3rd and nobody seems to want to scream/beg for one once the PA music gets switched on.

I don't have time to join the debate here, I only have a small correction to make. If my memory serves me correct, they didn't play The Cry at the start of The Electric Co.

The concert itself was good. The band clearly needed to adjust to a stadium-size crowd (and the fact that it was still light when they started). So it couldn't compare to the 21 May, NYC concert (which I also attended).
Second time Vertigo was great (again). They snippeted Stories For Boys at the end and of course the visuals are great for this song (which they didn't use when they opened the show with the song).

C ya!

Popmartijn said:
I don't have time to join the debate here, I only have a small correction to make. If my memory serves me correct, they didn't play The Cry at the start of The Electric Co.

The concert itself was good. The band clearly needed to adjust to a stadium-size crowd (and the fact that it was still light when they started). So it couldn't compare to the 21 May, NYC concert (which I also attended).
Second time Vertigo was great (again). They snippeted Stories For Boys at the end and of course the visuals are great for this song (which they didn't use when they opened the show with the song).

C ya!

Finally!!! Someone who was there!!!

I was waiting for someone to post their review!

Makes sense about doing Vertigo in the night when it was only in the light at first... (not saying that they should, but I understand why they might do it more in Europe)

The general opinion from my normal site (u2tour) is that the set list was a let down but the biggest problem was the Belgiums. they just didnt get into at at all and put a damper on the whole atmosphere

so BRUSSELS GOT FUCKED

Back
Top Bottom