MERGED->Official BRUSSELS got fucked thread+The most boring setlist so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dionisius said:
If the fans in Brussels like the concert, why would we want to bitch about it? :shrug:

Maybe because we like it :wink:

Sorry, but it seems Brussels was declared "fucked" before any of the reviews came out :wink: .

:hmm: Come to think of it, Brussels was declared "fucked" before:

-we heard from anyone that went to the show

-we saw most of the pictures from the show

-we saw clips from the show

-and probably before you even got out of the parking lot

:shrug:

You people complaining about the static setlists are being completely unrealistic and just plain pigheaded about the whole thing.

Let me remind you that they're playing on an entirely different continent now, and by far the VAST majority of the audience have yet to see a Vertigo show. It's new to them. U2 will eventually work in new songs and running orders, just like they did in the States.

Calm down.

menelaos said:

I really don't understand this...
Because some people can't watch U2 live, the other should be delighted with whatever they play..?
And if they decide to sing a Britney song..?
What..?
We should be delighted and happy because this is U2..???:eyebrow:

No you don´t have to be delighted with whatever they play, but you should be happy that you are getting to see them, and yes, just because they are U2. Thats how I think most people would feel going to see there favourite band.
I was just trying to make the point that maybe its not such a big deal if you don´t get to hear every song you want as I´m sure they are also playing many songs you do like. If you are a fan you must like SOME of those songs!
And as other people have said, if you hadn´t been studying every set list there would have been surprises. Also who cares if the set is the same as a gig you didn´t see?

And I really don´t understand people bitching and moaning so much. me, i would enjoy the overall vibe, not scrutinise every detail. whats the fun in that?

Last edited:
1stOne said:

Can't you get to any of the shows?

no. :sad:
i live in costa rica. i did try to get tickets for afew cities in the U.S, in the cheapest cities to fly to from here, but like so many people I had no luck.
but I have seen them 4 times, so I´m luckier than most of the fans here and in lots of other countries who will never get the chance
but damn i wish i could go!

U2Man said:
Alright THE SETLIST was a disappointment to all of us. We need surprises and variation.

Ehhhh, who are YOU to decide that? I was there and I thought it was pretty great for an opener. Saw them in Rotterdam in 93 and they played the same as the did during the whole of 92. I didn't mind then either.
Nope, no dissapointment here. I got to see a great show with all the great songs. You can't play all the 300 great songs every night and if the mix up a lot, people will bitch that their city was crap because they didn't play this or that song. Be happy they are touring, or sell your tickets to people who wont be disapointed...

mmm, didn't read the whole tread yet, you did change on that part. Anayway being at the show was great even though I knew which songs were going to be played.

God Part III said:
Actually, I want you all to quit bitching.

This is a great set, one of the best, and of course I'm still missing Bad, Crumbs and Original Of The Species, but they'll come, and it won't be long. This setlist bitching is stupid.

:up:

i haven't read all of the replies but the first set list is a little dissapointin to be honest - good songs but not good LIVE songs. personally i'm hopin they'll play more of their bigger hits e.g. hold me thrill me, one, with or without you, pride etc than songs like runnin to stand still. songs like that don't really have the energy in them of t he great classics. and playin vertigo twice is a little strange unless the crowd asked for it!

Haven't read through the whole thing....these threads been pissing me off latley.

We all winge and complain that it takes them 4 years to bring out another 11-12 songs....then we bash all the setlists, what comes up on the screen...ect ect.
When the band are gone, will we bitch about whats written on their graves?

Yes, the setlist is kinda boring, but on listening back, this has been one of the best shows from this tour.

the soul waits said:

It would be kinda cool if you didn't speak for the entire population here :ohmy:

Please sit back in read the whole thread before posting.

Back
Top Bottom