MERGED-->Official 3/28 San Diego Setlist Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hoodlem said:
Is anyone else completely dumbfounded that they have just played 4 songs (including SFB snippet) in a row from BOY? That is absolutly unprecedented! The boys have BALLS again!!!

while they aren't songs i want to hear the most, i believe u2 wants to play them.

which is more important to me anyway. i want u2 to play songs they want to play, not what they think their fans want to hear.

good stuff.

This is such a fucking SENSATIONAL setlist. I agree with whoever said they have balls again! THE CRY! WOOHOO!

Oh, this is so stunning. Wonder how many more changes are in store for us ...

This is really exciting....it's fun to think that they are actually playing LIVE!!!!

Oh yeah....and people need to stop refreshing on this site.....the server is getting demolished.....

This is like a virtual campfire --- 100's of us out here all over the world watching text flash across a screen describing an event we'd love to be at... unthinkable when this journey started, yet here we are tonight.
Bizarre.

unosdostres14 said:
This is really exciting....it's fun to think that they are actually playing LIVE!!!!

Oh yeah....and people need to stop refreshing on this site.....the server is getting demolished.....

The server won't make it to the end of the gig at this rate. :|

And bring on the next song! *bets it is Miracle Drug* *will probably find out when this EVENTUALLY posts*

New Year's Day!!! I was afraid it wasn't on. What I'm most delighted to hear yet though is the Cry opening! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Axver said:

It's a song U2 played at the start of The Electric Co. from 21 November 1980 to 7 July 1985. It's the "somebody cry" part that you hear on Under A Blood Red Sky.

Maybe I've missed this, but every time i hear "The Cry" described nobody mentions the fact that the riff is from the beginning of "Is That All?".

Why is that?

tlt29 said:

Maybe I've missed this, but every time i hear "The Cry" described nobody mentions the fact that the riff is from the beginning of "Is That All?".

Why is that?

Because Is That All? is ripped from The Cry. The Cry came first, on 21 November 1980. Is That All? didn't come around until the October sessions in mid-1981.

Bono talks over the beginning of MIRACLE DRUG. He mentions the ticketing problems and fans waiting in line. He says they weren't sure if they'd make it to San Diego. "It's a miracle...."

chanfle98 said:
Either something happened or they are playing the longest version of New Years Day ever...

Something has happened, but I wouldn't mind the latter. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom