MERGED --> Miss Sarajevo! + Miss Sarajevo again in Zurich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre was in the last couple of weeks? That's what I thought in any case when I first heard that they'd played it. I wonder did Bono introduce it as such?

Also, for OOTS in Dublin on the Monday night we had full piano, bass and drums version, not solely piano and vocals.

Good point, keosulli!
I never thought of that, wonder if Please will make it on the setlist after London attacks.

Axver said:
Well, it wasn't the premiere of OOTS, as they've been doing it on piano sparingly, but it's the premiere of it with Edge on guitar. The first proper OOTS, hooray!

yes OOTS & Miss Sarajevo and

I WAS THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just listened to the concert......tnx to herco:)

it was again SUPER!!
a lot of people singing sometimes, but i am so happy!!

it was really the best i heard.

Now i saw that the swizz had miss sarajevo too.......:yes:

About three months ago, Q Magazine (UK music magazine) ran an article on the 1st Leg of the U2 Vertigo Tour. On the Q Website, they had asked fans to vote for what song they would like U2 to bring back/put in the set for this tour. The winner was (drum roll!)...Miss Sarajevo. Van Diemans Land came in second place and I think Please came third.

U2@NYC said:
Now all we need to have is Luciano Pavarotti to sing with Bono in Milan... :hyper:

According to the italian site Rockol it, a symphonic orchestra will join U2 for the Milan concerts.

Ahhhhh so that`s why they pulled out Mrs Sarajevo.

A: the europe dvd is filmed in Milan
B: Pavarotti might show up????

But I hope Bono sings the tenor part.
It was so amazing seeing this song played the 1st time this tour in Amsterdam.
I thought Edge`s piano was out of tune first ,haha.
Cause I ( like everyone ) expected RTS.
But then Bono started singing and I thought YES....Mrs Sarajevo.

Cheers Friends ,

Mauwer

Just listened to Miss Sarajevo. I liked that they decided to play it, and Bono's vocals in the aria are very impressive. I don't know if it's the echoey sound of the stadium with an acoustic song messing with the timing, or if it was difficulty with the lyrics, or what - but the rest of it sounded pretty mediocre to me. Maybe I'm too used to the version from Modena off the Pavarotti & Friends CD...

But I hope they keep up the surprises... I've got my fingers crossed for Gone, or Stay in time for Montreal...

Back
Top Bottom