MERGED --> Major spoiler alert - opening night setlist preview from @U2 blog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard that this tour will change quite a bit from night to night. that's probably why we have heard so many different rumors about the setlists.

In my fanatical opinion, I have never attended a U2 concert and come away disappointed so I am expecting another awesome show no matter what they end up playing. That's probably why I can play all of the U2 songs on my iPod and put them on shuffle and never have to skip a song.

With all of that said, it would be TREMENDOUS to be able to hear them do my favorite song - One Tree Hill - but whether they play it or not I know I'm going to love the show!:wink: :wink:

You know what? I'm going to be in the same room as four musical geniuses. I don't care what they decide to play. I will be satisfied.

I just don't see them doing An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart because it is too slow paced--I think it may put the arena to sleep--although as a die-hard, I would to hear it.

liamcool said:
And Axver, if the boys are comin to Aussie in 2006, you gonna go?

You better believe it! As many shows as possible, though my bank account has been bled dry by travelling to the US for the Boston shows, so 'as many as possible' may just be one in Brisbane and one in Melbourne.

Yeah, I'm gonna go to as many shows as possible...I was gonna go to one of the Croke Park shows, and a friend waited in line for 6 hours, and couldn't get tickets...and maybe if they brought people onto stage to play guitar like last tour, I could go for something impromptu a la Homecoming in Oakland last tour.

Did you read the post on the @u2 Blog regarding the Friday night rehearsal (posted on Saturday)?

It is slightly different from the "word on the street" setlist, which was posted on the @u2 Blog Friday.

Looks like we are getting closer to a "final" setlist ... :hyper:

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Elevation
Stuck in a Moment...
Yahweh

(here's where it starts to change)

Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Gloria
All Because of You

Oh, Croke would be incredible. Seeing U2 in Ireland is my life's mission. My girlfriend and I are planning to do it as soon as we can afford it - hopefully next tour!

Where do you happen to live, if I may ask?

Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
One
Gloria
All Because of You

what a final run of tunes! brilliant...

Sydney? I feel sorry for you. Nearly as bad as Auckland. :wink:

fullautoreverse said:
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo
One
Gloria
All Because of You

what a final run of tunes! brilliant...

Indeed! What's more, word on the street is that the encore break video blends seamlessly with effects into Streets like RTSS did on ZooTV.

I made a playlist of that Friday rehearsal setlist, and I am listening to it at the moment. The Boy songs which have not been performed in almost 20 years ... That's brilliant. The non-hardcore fans might think the band is playing some new / unreleased material ... :wink:

-Cyril

liamcool said:
That's pretty good, but ABOY seems out of place, somehow..oh, right, Gloria to Forty on the UF. I'd swap ABOY and Gloria, then I'd love it!

Apparently the break is as follows:

Vertigo

Encore break

Streets
One
Gloria

Encore break

ABOY

timothius said:

Auckland...:madspit:

Don't you guys start on Auckland! Without Auckland, no One Tree Hill... no One Tree Hill, no 26/12/89!

Axver retract your comments now!

:rant:

Pish-posh - One Tree Hill could exist without Auckland!

Hey, I'm just a Wellingtonian doing my morally obligated duty! :wink:

fullautoreverse said:
not complaining BUT it would be wicked to hear ultraviolet slipped in between the fly and vertigo :drool:

To add to the 'apparently's and rumours, apparently The Fly blends into the count-in of Vertigo.

Should be interesting ...!

fullautoreverse said:
axe - where are you getting your rumours from?!

I just remember what I read and know some people who happen to come across exciting pieces of news.

No, I don't have any good connections, I'm afraid. Just lucky sometimes. I don't know Bono or his daughter or his hairdresser's brother's postman or anyone.

liamcool said:
I'm back Axver.

I happen to know...well, no-one really. But hey, An Cat Dubh is cool to hear it again, well, to hear it being played anyway...wait, I wasn't there...oh, great, I've confused myself.

:laugh:

Mate, you have the weirdest sleeping patterns. Then again, so do I. I'm off to bed soon. I rarely make it up past 10am.

I desperately hope that the band decide to keep the Boy songs for the tour - especially the shows I go to. Wow, I'll be leaving for the States soon enough. Hey, Liam, doing anything on Friday, 20 May? I've a boring two and a half hour layover at Sydney.

I'm there from 10:20am to 1:45pm, it would appear.

I'm thrilled about all these layovers I have before I get to my destination. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom