MERGED->A bunch of threads about Vertigo being played twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in a way that means it's their band, and if they want to neglect some of their best songs, then that's their deal. it's their songs.... their catalog, and they can do with it as they please.

yeah i'd be super happy if there was a concert that had all of achtung and atomic bomb, along with a few from the jt and fire and hawkmoon and all i want is you and bad and a few war songs.. and out of control... but then again, my perfect set might not be what the band want to play. they have to feel it.

i hate an cat dubh. i think it's one of the worst songs U2 has written. ever. by a lot. i mean if i could pick their songs in order of those i would never want to hear, that would be top two. but they like it. and it's their band. so i'm glad they gave themselves liscense to get after it and play it. sure i'd rather hear something else, but if it makes them excited about music, then that's good. cause i like an excited u2, they do great things....

Vetirgo twice could mean good news!

The debate about the dire setlists keeps on going on and rightfully so. The vertigo twice becomes more and more annoying, the songselection is safe and etc etc etc.

However: I see one good thing in all of this. If Vertigo is the song they keep on closing with then there is no fucking way that this will be their last tour because let's face it. The boys won't go out with this one...the last words actually song by bono would be YEAH YEAH YEAH then...Although funny, I don't see it happening. On the other hand, if any word symbolizes their carreer it must be YEAH!!!!!

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, STOP PLAYING THIS SONG TWICE OR THEIR WILL BE HELL TO PAY IN AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I promise you that the people won't like it):wink:

ya every one needs to booooo them when they play vertigo twice but then every one does not have balls hell i would chicken out if i were there live!!!

scottyT said:
jofo you're an idiot. it's the band's concert, and if they want to play elvis ate america 8000 times and close with four different versions of alex decends into hell for a bottle of milk then they can. yeah it may not be a crowd favorite, but it's their concert. you aren't buying into a prelisted set. it's their call.

You are serious about his are you? The band's concert?
who do they play for? For themselves or for the crowd who gave them the wealth and status they have? Let me give you the answer it should be: the crowd. It depresses me(a little:wink: ) that they play for the popkids nowadays who go crazy when elevation is played(although I must admit I prefer this version over the elevationtour version). The same concertgoers which Bono used to dispice during the zootv tour. This isn't what rock 'n roll is about people.this is turning in the bridges to babylon tour or whatever Stones tour of the last 20 years. It tends to become a gimmick and I hate that. I'm very well aware about the band not shaking up the setlists in the past but they never said they would back then.Look what they have done in europe so far and tell me that hey have made good decisions: they have taken out most of the unusuals(gloria, cat dubh, ocean UTEOTW, 40 and Bad) and thrown in mediocre versions of AIWIY and Still haven't found. And for who exactely? For the popkids or for the people who stood by them all these years and stayed faithfull. If there is one group of people U2 should play their balls off for at this point of their careers it should be those people and not the, with all due respect, ATYCLB generation. They don't have to reach new ground, they've conquered the world allready..

It's really strange but i'm getting a bit angry with them and that's a first in 20 years...Went to see them in chicago and it feels different for some reason. I LOVE city of blinding lights, LAPOE SYCMIOYO hell even Vertigo sounds pretty good to me(not twice but once:wink: ). Yet something's missing and I don't know what it is....:(

The fact that almost everyone goes nuts in the stadium when Vertigo begins again would tend to disprove the theory going around that the fans hate it.

dezmaas said:
The fact that almost everyone goes nuts in the stadium when Vertigo begins again would tend to disprove the theory going around that the fans hate it.

im sorry, but so far in the official poll its unanimous that people dont like it :wink:

scottyT said:
jofo you're an idiot. it's the band's concert, and if they want to play elvis ate america 8000 times and close with four different versions of alex decends into hell for a bottle of milk then they can. yeah it may not be a crowd favorite, but it's their concert. you aren't buying into a prelisted set. it's their call.

no

Chizip said:
im sorry i dont need anybody screwing with my poll :wink:

I thought that other thread went awfully quiet..bloody Zwervers inciting trouble again on this one instead LOL

Oi chiz, show us yer pole then :ohmy: Er, the official pole I mean of course :wink:

stevec said:

I thought that other thread went awfully quiet..bloody Zwervers inciting trouble again on this one instead LOL

Oi chiz, show us yer pole then :ohmy: Er, the official pole I mean of course :wink:

You are very welcome:wink:

VERTIGO!!!! :rockon:

yes no one likes it because the internet community of U2 fans is 100%, we are the only fans,

:|
2deadhorse.jpg

Last edited:
Any surprises in the set tonight?

I'm hoping for a good version of "A Sort of Homecoming"

(Dear to dream!!):drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh my goodness if they ever played this song again or even Unforgettable Fire.

Maybe Crumbs tonight?

Vertigo
All Because Of You
I Will Follow
The Electric Co
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Gloria
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love And Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet
Running
Pride
Streets
One

Encore:
Zoo Station
Fly
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You
Yahweh

I might be wrong...

JOFO said:
vertigo twice.:ohmy:

Now why would any band even consider playing a song twice especially when they have such a back catalogue of excellent songs like mentioned above. No way odds are 1,000 to 1 that they would even romtely think about doing something lik.....

:wink: :( :wink:

the reason they play it twice is cause of the video at end
which is amazing the black+red circle and other stuff
plus its dark for about the last 3 or 4 songs if lucky!

and it leaves you on a high! 40 is good but more
love and peace if u know what i mean

must give them sum credit they have been changing
the set and adding sum things like manchester ' i will follow'
london and glasgow' wild horses'

everyone wants to hear the perfect set list
but they cant please everyone
but thats rock n roll!!

BB Mac

BB Mac said:
the reason they play it twice is cause of the video at end
which is amazing the black+red circle and other stuff
plus its dark for about the last 3 or 4 songs if lucky!

and it leaves you on a high! 40 is good but more
love and peace if u know what i mean

must give them sum credit they have been changing
the set and adding sum things like manchester ' i will follow'
london and glasgow' wild horses'

everyone wants to hear the perfect set list
but they cant please everyone
but thats rock n roll!!

BB Mac

I truly do get it I'm just really joking. The three concerts I attended this tour they did it each night and it was excellent. It's just hard to get if you don't attend the shows

Back
Top Bottom