MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting setlist... and I bet they didn't show all they prepared for us on Monday :hyper:

A question for those who attended the rehearsal: are there any cool reworkings on the older songs (like they did with Running to stand still on Zoo TV, Streets on Popmart and The fly on Elevation)?

U2girl said:
Interesting setlist... and I bet they didn't show all they prepared for us on Monday :hyper:

A question for those who attended the rehearsal: are there any cool reworkings on the older songs (like they did with Running to stand still on Zoo TV, Streets on Popmart and The fly on Elevation)?

From what I've read, it sounds like Stuck was rather rearranged with Edge on piano ...

ya, im interested in hearing the new version of STUCK, as well as the version of Yahweh.

Anyone else surprised by the placement of ABOY?

Last edited:
RademR said:
ya, im interested in hearing the new version of STUCK, as well as the version of Yahweh.

Yeah, I figured it would be a natural for the 2nd song of the show no matter what opened the set. It's really interesting and pretty ballsy to have the trio of "Boy" songs in the 2-4 slot.

T.B.

Thx everyone for the great info and setlist details, but can anyone comment on the show production.

Was it mindblowing?
Was there any unusual special affects?
Anything that maybe resembles the 'magic tricks' theory.
Were there special images running on the screens during songs like in ZooTV, or was it just shots of the band playing like in Elevation.

Any info on this or related info would be awesome.

Thx
Sken

RademR said:

Not really. I think you can see it in two ways.

The religious sense: "All because of you, I am ... I waited patiently for the Lord ..."

The returning-to-their-roots sense: "I'm at the place I started out from ... I will sing, sing a new song ..."

tkramer said:

Wow, the official site was on top of this one. Go figure. I'm most interested in them saying they've got "a lot to choose from." Personally, I'd officially call them the greatest LIVE rock band ever if they started pulling a Springsteen, and changed out 5-10 songs a night. That would be amazing. Imagine 40 closing one night and Love is Blindness the next. Or Pride opening the encores one night and Acrobat the next. Sigh...

Like the Lovetown Tour....

I was surprised to have aBOY in the encore, but I like it where it is placed.

Sken said:

Were there special images running on the screens during songs like in ZooTV, or was it just shots of the band playing like in Elevation.

Rita's Dad said in his thread that "words are flashed on the curtains of light beads - you'll understand when you see the show - a la Zoo TV" during the Fly. :drool:

Last edited:
Why not :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm starting to have just a little bit of hope that this tour is going to see variable sets.

And while variable closers would be nice, I am personally hoping that EVERY SINGLE SHOW closes with the majesty of 40.

Although I love Love Is Blindness, 40 is a better closer. It would be nice to see Love Is Blindness close the main set, though. At least every once in awhile.

Other great closer possibilities include:

MLK
Wake Up Dead Man (solo Bono acoustic)
When I Look At The World (solo Bono acoustic)
Is That All?
I Still Haven't Found~ (maybe a couple verses, let the crowd finish)

T.B.

LuminousTimes said:

Love and Peace ROCKED!! Probably my favorite song of the night. And to be honest not in my top five on the album. Live it was incredible. Definitely a highlight for me.

i agree!!! 'Love & Peace' was AMAZING- bono adopted this 'cowboy' persona, and played the DRUMS at the end!

'40' was also a highlight, though it sounded very rusty. however, seeing adam on guitar and edge on bass was awesome.

'zoo station' rocked. 'the fly', both the song and the character, are back.

'electric co' was awesome.

Running to Stand Still... beautiful. complete w/ "alleluias' at the end.

'yahweh' was terrible. (sorry!)

the stage lighting is GORGEOUS!

need to bring back 'UTEOTW' or something from POP!

that's it... (i was a lucky fan who was admitted w/ the rest of the groupies!)

INCREDIBLE MY FRIENDS!
I HEAR PETE THE CHOP OUTSIDE THE ARENA!

INCREDIBLE!

PETE THE CHOP AND The Speed Of Life

I CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!

i hope taht they would come back to UTEOTW
i cant imagine gig without that song, cos its kindo of wtshnn of 90's

hanoverquay said:
INCREDIBLE MY FRIENDS!
I HEAR PETE THE CHOP OUTSIDE THE ARENA!

INCREDIBLE!

PETE THE CHOP AND The Speed Of Life

I CAN'T BELIEVE!!!!

This has to be a joke, right? A lot of far-fetched things have been posted, but - wow, that takes the cake. I have such a hard time believing that.

Wait, I think I can hear...YES, BONO'S ANSWERING MACHINE MESSAGE. AWESOME. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Back
Top Bottom