MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my, I should put that on, that's pure hilarity! :lmao: I could write an entire essay on just how funny that is, I think.

Now imagine if they performed THAT!

Axver said:
I can't believe that there is even one person on this planet who would choose a 'greatest hits' setblandlist over a set chock-full of rarities and surprises.

Problem is thousands of people who will be attending at the concerts expect those kind of setlist whether we like it or not and U2 knows it. I'm going with 7 friends to Houston and with 4 to Barcelona and out of those 11 people only another one is a big fan who would be delighted to hear rarities and hidden gems.

people act like these rareities are shit.
If a casual fan doesnt know a song being played, who cares? If they see an ass kicking performance of "Electric Co" and dont get into it, no one can help them :shrug:

I was an average fan of u2 when I first saw them in 2001, and they played 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. Never heard that before, and it was awesome

To me you can't leave a u2 concert and not feel like you're floating in the clouds

U2 will never please everyone, people were hoping for rarities and oldies and know that they played them there's been a lot of complaining for

-The Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart(some people don't know them)
-for the opening song (don't like it, expected Vertigo or LAPOE)
-No Pop and Zooropa
-Elevation and Stuck are being included (for the ATYCLB haters)
-no crumbs and oots
-no pride, wowy, uteotw, mw, etc

Enjoy the ride I'm just glad to see them, bitching and moaning won't do anything

Well, I only hope U2 doesn't go weak in the knees and pull the Co., An Cat Dubh, etc. from the list.

In my view, if I go to a concert and don't know that band's material, I go at my own risk. No band owes a concertgoer anything besides a good effort at a well-played show, least of all a set full of easily recognized songs.

Thanks to all for the info on the rehearsal.

I'm so glad to hear that LAPOE is so good live. I had a hunch it might be. :)

40! pretty happy about that :)

Running to Stand Still :)

Now I just have to wait another year to maybe see them here in Australia. Who knows what the setlist will be like by then.

I just hope they keep some of the rarities in for us.

Have a great time everyone!

crosby87 said:
.iT'S NOt to play the crappy songs like you love An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart.

Get out...and learn to type properly while you're at it.

FINALLY, I've read this entire thread ! wow, that was exausting.

First impressions:

Varied setlist is excellent. Me GUSTA MUCHO !

We can pretty much figure out (based on rumors and band quotes) that they will be mixing things up quite a bit this tour.

The Fly:drool:
Electirc Co.:drool:

Bono on drums, Larry on keyboards, Edge/Adam swich instruments for 40, band walk off stage 1 by 1 for 40, SWEET INDEED

Now, most of you know me through my posts here and I am a Blind U2 worshiper, and rarely critisize my idols but....

my one complaint is COBL as the intro. Fantastic song and I've never heard it live, but I would prefer if this one crept up on me in the middle of the set or perhaps as an encore opener. I think I'd prefer other songs that grab me immediately as the opener - Vertigo (i know, predictable), or L&PoE, or ABOY.

Don't flame me...please:wink:

But once my show comes around on 5/18, I will still be a delirious pig in sh!t when COBL opens up.

Bring on the tour. Whoo Hoo

I'd like to know something about how they played ALL BECAUSE OF YOU last saturday. On the album-version you definitely can hear two and sometimes three guitars at the same moment.
How was this song played? Was bono also playing a guitar??

I also wanna hear something more about YAHWEH. Was is partly acoustic? Was it any good?

MAJOR NOOOs

1.An cat dubh??
2.All because of you so late??
3.No WITH OR WITHOUT YOU, EBTTRT, UTEOTW, etc.

This is shitty setlist, has some good stuff, but only 20 songs and a movie. If i want to see a movie, i'll go to cinema!!
:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

I'll bet that Vertigo will be opener and Walk on or 40 closer!!

Last edited:
This setlist put a smile on this dude's face. Electric Co. has always been a fave and I haven't seen it played in 17 years!

according to setlist.com:
Last Electric Co.--8/3/87
Last An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart--9/17/84 (3 months before my first U2 show)

can't wait for Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think some people need to stop bitching about the new set...what the HELL is wrong with An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart?! It's one of their best early songs!!

And tons of people whinging about the fact that 'With Or Without You' 'Until the End of The World' 'Even Better than the Real Thing', etc [in other words, songs played EVERY SHOW until half of us have become fucking sick of them] is just pathetic...!

I had reached the end of my tether watching 'U2 Go Home' personally...it's got to the point where U2 were basically just one of those bands playing the greatest hits (and stuff from the new album) each and every night with NO variation whatsoever!

I think it's time people embraced the fact that U2 are finally starting to show a bit of 'diversity' in their sets and not play the same old tunes night after night. I challenge some of you to tell me it's not REMOTELY fantastic [not to mention REFRESHING] to hear that U2 have been going back to their older material.

I am totally with you blahblahblah. I'm tired of going to U2 shows and hearing half or more of the new album with greatest hits thrown in.

If I see them 10 more times in my lifetime and never hear them play PRIDE again, I'd be happy as pie.

One song I would love to hear: A Sort of Homecoming.

rastacruz said:
This setlist put a smile on this dude's face. Electric Co. has always been a fave and I haven't seen it played in 17 years!

according to setlist.com:
Last Electric Co.--8/3/87
Last An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart--9/17/84 (3 months before my first U2 show)

can't wait for Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's slightly wrong. If you check u2-vertigo-tour.com, you'll see the last An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart was 24 September 1984. Its performance on the 26th was the first time it had been played in 20 years, 6 months, and 2 days.

right on! setlist.com needs to get on the ball...they didn't have a setlist for that 9/24/84 show which is why they showed 9/17/84 as the last time played! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom