List of what's been rehearsed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
This is c&p of a post that apparently originated at the zootopia forum at u2.com, apparently somebody eavesdropped on one of the rehearsal days, and this is what the band rehearsed...

---------------------------------------

ROSARITO ,FOX BAIA STUDIOS 19 FEBRUARY 2005 (morning soundcheck)
sometimes you can't make it...
a man and woman take 1 acoustic
a man and woman take 2 acoustic
a man and woman take 3 full band
a man and woman take 4 acoustic
all because of you take 1
all because of you take 2
unknow song acoustic
sometimes you can't make it..
staring at the sun
kite acoustic
gloria take 1 full band
gloria take 2 acoustic/full band

AFTERNOON SOUNDCHECK
one steep closer take 1
one steep closer take 2
one steep closer take 3
lemon take 1
lemon take 2
lemon take 3
lemon take 4
fast cars
lemon take 5
lemon take 6
fast cars
a celebration take 1
a celebration take 2
a celebration take 3
a celebration take 4

ROSARITO FOX BAIA STUDIOS 22 FEBRUARY 2005 REHEARSAL (AFTERNOON SESSION)
vertigo
all because of you
miracle drug
she's a mystery to me
with or without you
pride
staring at the sun
a man and woman
sometimes you can't make it ...
new york
please
gloria (acoustic)
unknow song (acoustic)
fast car
beautiful day
------------------------------

Now, there are a few things that would suggest that it's not real, however, I think it might be real, because if someone were making this up, why would they put 'unknown song' in?

I'm skeptical of Lemon. Unless they drop it down quite a bit and change it around.

GLORIA???
LEMON???
A CELEBRATION???

i really really really can't beLIEve this...let's adress to the lord and they will play it allright:wink:

Fast Cars will R-O-C-K live!!!

Yes, Fast Cars would be a nice live song to go along with Kite or something. Or they could do one one night and the other the other night. It could be an acoustic song. One day could be Angel Of Harlem and Fast Cars, the other night could be Gloria and Kite or something (seeing as they're apparently practicing Gloria acoustic!!).

yes it could be,but it seems that they are rehearsing Fast Cars for full band play,and if they are doing Gloria,they should do it full band as well.It's blasphemous to perform it without Adam's solo.

Adam could still have his solo acoustic. I could see Fast Cars full band acoustic. Sorta like how Desire had drums and everything during Elevation.

yep,the Desire full band acoustic was really fresh...Fast Cars could work that way.One Step Closer should be played in the same way as well,so we could hear The Drummer slowing.

Hahaha, true! Edge could play keyboard and Adam could play glockenspiel.

namkcuR said:
unknow song acoustic

Could this possibly be "Mercy" since it hasn't appeared anywhere yet officially? Just speculation obviously.

:drool: to the whole thread

PS1: look.. NO LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE.. WJUAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :macdevil:

PS2: no YAHWEH :sad:

Last edited:
Re: Re: List of what's been rehearsed

U2Fan101 said:

Could this possibly be "Mercy" since it hasn't appeared anywhere yet officially? Just speculation obviously.

If you know A Celebration and are listening to U2's rehearsals, I'm pretty damn sure you'll know Mercy too.

I walked by GM place earlier tonight and it sounded like they were rehearsing Lady with a Spinning Head. It was a little hard to hear with traffic going by but I'm sure that's what they were playing.

Webside

Lemon? :hmm: Kinda skeptical, but I don't mind. :sexywink:

Gloria? Interesting. :yes:

Numbology said:
Fast Cars will R-O-C-K live!!!

:drool: :dancing: :hyper:

I wanna hear Exit and TTTYAATW (with the champagne, please). :drool:

Last edited:
there's no way they will play "fast cars" or "mercy." Mercy didnt even make the final cut of the album, why play it? There are so many other songs in their catalog. I love "mercy" and thought it should have been on the bomb, but their not going to play it live.

"fast cars", outside of a few countries, didnt make the final cut either. I think it always did because I won the deluxe edition, but on the regular CD its not even on the tracklist.

just thought i'd bring up this: who would've ever thought U2 would cover Lou Reeds 'Satellite of Love' then play that on tour? Who would've imagined they would ever cover/ remix 'Popmuzik' and include that in the show's opening? That's why I think there is great reason to believe Fast Cars can and will be in some of the shows. It's a great new fast paced song that doesn't need to be plugged in to sound good. Plus, I like the way they worked the album's title into the song/ pulled the title out of the song (what came first - the chicken or the egg?)

the list is just a number of songs U2 have REHEARSED.. There's been a lot of talk about this before... Certain songs will be rehearsed intensively, some only a few times..
We're talking about the February rehearsals here.. Nothing at all set in stone..
It will be interesting to wait and see what happens (if anything happens at all) when the reports from Vancouver come in after the arrival of the band...

-Will
ps. POPMART TELAVIV playing right now... ;)

the tourist said:
Adam could still have his solo acoustic. I could see Fast Cars full band acoustic. Sorta like how Desire had drums and everything during Elevation.

I really liked that live version of Desire.....

i think you can add The Fly to the rehearsal list. there is another thread citing that it was rehearsed for 2 hours last night in vancouver

Call me highly skeptical about the "supposed" original rehearsal list on this thread. Looks like a fans wish list to me. No way they are playing some of those songs nor have they even rehearsed them. The next two weeks is when you are really going to know what is being done.

does anyone beside me notice that they have several takes of a couple certain songs and no mention of multiple takes of other songs. its definitely a wish list. i don't recall seeing streets on there either. since the transition from (insert your song title here) to streets will be one of the most important parts of the concert, wouldn't you think that they would rehearse what they are going to do?

I'm not saying some of the songs are impossible, I think U2 will throw a few curve balls at us this tour. BUt some of them seem very odd.

Numb1075 said:
i think you can add The Fly to the rehearsal list. there is another thread citing that it was rehearsed for 2 hours last night in vancouver

good, good news

MrBrau1 said:
No Gone or Kite or Zooropa or Acrobat or Crumbs!:mad:

I think I saw Kite acoustic in there.

that'll be exciting...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom