Least played HTDAAB song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pmag78

Babyface
I know the guys normally stick with the same setlist from night to night, but what song off the new album do you think is going to get the LEAST rotation in the setlists?

I'd say A Man and A Woman, unless they make it a staple of an acoustic set.

For some reason, I'm thinking that they won't play Crumbs from Your Table. Just a hunch, and numbers-crunching... when you realize they'll play the first six songs for sure, plus Original, plus probably Yahweh (going by Adam's comment) and likely at least a snippet of One Step Closer.

tough call. i think Crumbs will def be played as evidenced on the DVD that came w/ CD.

my guess might be AMAAW

One Step Closer, without a doubt.

Though it may be the Wake Up Dead Man of the album, snippeted a lot but never played in full.

Remember One->Unchained Melody from ZooTV? Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own->One Step Closer could go like that....

As for least played, probably A Man And A Woman or Crumbs.

I know a lot of people are gonna disagree, but I think it may be Original of the Species. Great song, but since the majority of the songs on the album beg for a live performance, this one might be left behind. Unless they play 10 HTDAAB songs each night.

This is how I see the album panning out live.

vertigo opener
Aboy 3rd
Mirracle drug middle of main set
Sometimes close to end of main set linked with One step closer leading into streets.
City of blinding lights main set closer

Love and peace encore opener

Yahweh show Closer

that leaves crumbs,original man & a woman and .

Man & a woman accoustic perhaps?

Original im not sure about could rotate with city of blinding lights or maybe be a b stage piano type song .

Crumbs I love and I would happily hear that above any song on the album, bar miracle drug and sometimes.

If I had to leave out any songs it would be ABOY.

I am probably miles away from how they will play it

I am really not a big fan of Love and Peace. I could really do without hearing it...unless a live version blows away the studio version.

paultjr said:
I know a lot of people are gonna disagree, but I think it may be Original of the Species. Great song, but since the majority of the songs on the album beg for a live performance, this one might be left behind. Unless they play 10 HTDAAB songs each night.

The band have already done OOTS live on the promo tour. If it's been played on the promo tour, you can pretty much guarantee it will be a regular.

One Step Closer, doubdt it will be played at all except for maybe a snippet added to a song. Axver called it the Wake Up Dead Man of this album. I see it more as the Grace of this album.

The rest will be played live at some point. Man And Woman would be my choice for what they will play the least out of the songs they will actually play. I think it will be done acoustic though.

I think Original could be the Kite of this tour. In that the band likes the song but may not start out playing it because they need to get it worked out first. Based on the performance of it in New York, it needs ALOT of work. But it will be done and done often once they have it perfected.

Last edited:
Original, with its spine-tingling & classic-Edge-chiming crescendo, is a tailor-made show-stopper.

The only way I could see it not being perfected and played nightly is if the subject matter cuts too close to the bone, and like One Tree Hill, it gets left out initially.

My guess is that Love & Peace will be the "showpiece" song of the set... like Bullet in past years or New York in Elevation. Very theatrical, and an arrangement that is probably more muscular and Edge-heavy. My hope is that it replaces Bullet for the "dark" song. Poor Bullet needs a rest.

I see One Step Closer like The First Time: brilliant song that the band will only sample from as a transition. But kudos to them if they do the whole thing.

paultjr said:

I agree. I still don't understand the hype given to that song; if someone asked me to give them the most stereotypical, forced U2 song it would probably be Original of the Species.

broken toy said:
Original, with its spine-tingling & classic-Edge-chiming crescendo, is a tailor-made show-stopper.

I agree. Edge named OOTS as his favourite song the band have done, not just from the new album. Bono I think said they can't wait to play this live. I'm not surprised really, it's a brilliant song!

I hope they play "A Man And A Woman", that song is a great slow tune. Maybe Bono will pull some unsuspecting fan onstage to dance with (considering the lyrics...we all hope so!!) Remember Bono's often said he needs 20,000 people screaming to feel normal..."how can I hurt..when I'm holding you. That's classic!!

Well my least favourite track of the album is "A man and a woman" so hopefully it'll be that one. It prob will be that but I agree that I'm doubtful One Step Closer will be played. But I do like like that song so am hoping it gets at least a snippet sung at some point! :)

Back
Top Bottom