Just got back from dress rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to mention that Bonos intro to Zoo station was like the Zoo tour one...He danced and goose stepped around the stage
as the sone merged into The Fly

Vertigo was awesome, the whole stage lit up up in red circles -or egg shaped circles as the whole arena turned red.

Did I mentioned how Love Peace of else ROCKED???..I still cant get over it!!!

The even delivered a Powerful Bullet the blue sky, there was a image of a fighter plane in the back ground

Running to stand still the whole arena lit up in blue, very sorrowful, but beautiful

The acustic version of One Bono kind of forgot the words for a bit
as he did with a few other songs, and had mentioned to us that it wsa just a rehersal

in the begining Bono wore a light weight leather jacket, black t-shirt and black pants, shades and not so high heeled shoes, later taking off the jacket, in the second part of the show he put on a black blazer

Edge wore a worn out white t-shirt and jeans, and of course the ever present beanie

Adam looked like a teacher, he had on a black sweater over a white collar t-shirt and black pants---might he be taking Bruces comment too seriously? "Adam strikes me like the professorial type"........................

Larry wore a beautifully tight short sleeved button up grey shirt "which was not buttoned up all the way of course, and black pants....I dont think this is the tour outfits.....but then , they might be!!
:wink:

Last edited:
nikko said:

me too. anyone know?

The song before they came on sounded like U2 doing a heavy re mix of Queens 'We Will Rock You' - Thats the best way I can describe it - I am still surprised no-one else has metioned it - It must have been an out-take. A dam good one though.

Was behind the stage blocked by any of the curtains or speakers?
I'm just wondering how much Im going to be able to see..lol

Great reviews..

Last edited:
rita's dad said:
fyi, there were a handful of Brazilians at the show tonight and waiting for the band on Fri. night. One Brazilian girl got Bono to sign her cd and he wrote, "I love Brazil". She asked Bono if U2 were going to come to Brazil on this tour and he told her that if the band felt strong at the end of this year, they would try to extend the tour to South America. Tonight, a gentleman yelled "Brazil!!" during the show.

This is the 2nd time he says that. He said the same, off record, when interviewed by a Brazilian journalist a few months ago. I truly hope it can happen, and so do all Brazilian U2 fans.

Thank you all for the great reports. Seems it´s gonna be a very special tour.

MT

I'm surprised some people are disappointed WOWY wasn't in the setlist. Have you people heard how bad it sounded on the last two tours? That's one song that I don't miss at all. If they cut Pride, this would just about be a perfect set.

Oh, question for those who attended: how much did Bullet rock, and how did it compare to the versions on previous tours?

BonoFox1 said:
Forgot to mention that Bonos intro to Zoo station was like the Zoo tour one...He danced and goose stepped around the stage
as the sone merged into The Fly

YES!! I hope they're still doing that for the last show... :faint: (Yes, I'm a Zoo TV obsessee who never made to it a Zoo TV show... LOL)

RTSS, Zoo Station, An Cat Dubh, The Electric Co... and 40... I'm weeping tears of joy right now.

Last edited:
Axver said:
I have one question - how did Bono's singing of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart compare to early versions? I'm trying to imagine present day Bono singing those songs and not having much luck ...

I was wondering that myself... Any thoughts (to those that were there)?

3434%3B85923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3249%3E73%3B%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D32328%3A45%3B%3B62%3Anu0mrj

Wrist band and egg from Bono - Happy Easter

Eliv8 said:

The song before they came on sounded like U2 doing a heavy re mix of Queens 'We Will Rock You' - Thats the best way I can describe it - I am still surprised no-one else has metioned it - It must have been an out-take. A dam good one though.

perhaps it was the George Bush rock? :hyper:

^
They're bringing it all back home, I would also like to inquire as to
how much did Bullet rock, rumours that Edge started playing The Star Spangled Banner in the middle of it sounds intriguing

I asked Chrisedge in another thread about the Bullet solo. He described it as being very different and rocking, but not so extended as on the previous tours.

surprised to see that With or Without You, isnt in the set list:sad:
and also nothing from Rattle & Hum, and Pop.

Still its goin to be amazing!
3 months till Cardiff, Cant Wait!:wink:

If someone had told me they would play 3 1/2 songs from Boy which did not include I Will Follow or Out of Control I would have said they were on some serious drugs. I can not believe they are playing An Cat Dubh, Into the Heart, Electric Co, and part of Stories for Boys, how frickin' cool is that? Unbelievable. I never thought I would get to hear them play An Cat Dubh live in person. Hard to complain about anything else, although people will of course.

Is there a segway from Pride into Streets at all?

Axver said:

And I, for one, am very happy about that.

Me too. I love that song, it's one of U2's best songs and a true classic but it's more than time to give it some rest. Some songs played as long as WOWY went trhough changes (BTBS) and became even better, WOWY however, as many changes as it went through, lost something along the way. It's good to give this song some rest cause when they come back the band is more into it. However I'm not sure if they wont play it at all on this tour, I think they will, it's a too popular song.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Me too. I love that song, it's one of U2's best songs and a true classic but it's more than time to give it some rest. Some songs played as long as WOWY went trhough changes (BTBS) and became even better, WOWY however, as many changes as it went through, lost something along the way. It's good to give this song some rest cause when they come back the band is more into it. However I'm not sure if they wont play it at all on this tour, I think they will, it's a too popular song.

Yeah, agreed. I feel it lost a little on ZooTV though it was still better than the studio version, but then on Popmart and Elevation ... well, disappointing to say the least. I'm sure it will get concert time this tour too, but hopefully it won't be a regular. I'd like them to totally leave the song and then return to it when they have the passion to play it.

Stingray said:
this really makes me pissed off that i don't have tickets

:|

some advice? go down to the stadium the night of the concert, and wait. My brother and i did that 10 yrs ago, and half an hour after the concert started (the opening act) scalpers were selling tickets lower than face value just to make some money back. This is especially true if there is more than one show in your city. You might have to do this both nights to get a ticket, and it might be in the nosebleed section, but you might score.

on the down side, i know in our city during a Peter Gabriel concert, a couple came in with tickets that were forgeries - there were already two people sitting in the same seats. The stadium officials used a hand held scanner and figured out one set was forged, and the unlucky couple had to leave....sheesh....now my advice seems like a crap shoot :ohmy:

Absolutely agree about the With or Without You matter.
The versions from 1987-1992 are my favorite song ever by any band. I could listen to that for eternity.
Popmart and Elevation versions were an insult. It was painful hearing those uninspired, lifeless performances. The only saviour was hearing the Shine Like Stars verse here and there and that lifted the song up on a certain occasion(Slane, Glasgow, London, Turin, Chicago, East Rutherford, Notre Dame, Montreal, Hamilton... in 2001, Oakland and Boston in 1997).
If they play WOWY in 2005, it has to include at least some Edge improvisation at the end and Shine Like Stars. Without it, that song can't live. Literally.

Axver said:
I'm surprised some people are disappointed WOWY wasn't in the setlist. Have you people heard how bad it sounded on the last two tours? That's one song that I don't miss at all. If they cut Pride, this would just about be a perfect set.

haha, I pretty much agree with that sentiment.

That said, I can't imagine that just they didn't play a particular song last night that they won't play said song on the tour. They didn't play I Will Follow last night because they can play that one in their sleep.

My feeling is that last night -- with respect to several songs -- U2 played more faithful versions of the originals than I've heard in a while.

And.... I'll say it again: Electric Co. KICKED ASS. It was very faithful to the original version. I think it's better than the Elevation Tour version of Out of Control.

Last edited:
I ate my egg

I ate my egg. Gave one away. I was on bus number six. My friend
was going to take the Bus Sign taped on the window that said,
KROQ Bus #6 U2...but I blanked out, and someone beat us
to it. Oh well.

Sorry, I meant to hit reply on a thread and hit new by accident.
If a moderator wants to delete this post ok with me.

New here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom