Just curious... they didn't rehearse saturday did they???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From U2log.com:

"Reader Morgan Uren reports about 30 fans who were waiting outside Vancouver’s GM Place got a treat Saturday afternoon when Bono and Edge visited with the fans after U2’s REHEARSAL at the venue. According to Morgan, Bono and Edge greeted each of the fans individually, and Bono — like a campaigning politician — kissed one fan’s baby before the band departed."

Question for all those lucky vancouverites checking on rehearsals, can you verify that they packed it up yesterday? I remember reading that they were to pack it up yesterday night, spend today (sunday) trooping down south, and then start up there.

All the parking permits on the trucks and on signposts around the venue said Feb 24-March 20 6am(sunday).

I'm sure the band quit sometime before supper last night and the crew spent several hours making sure everything taken down properly.

As for the Band, they have a couple days off while their set in travelling. Some fans think Bono/U2 will show up for BB King tonight at the Orpheum theater. Remember that they were both present at RRHoF last week. It's about CDN$70 for tickets and worth it even if it's only BB.

Maybe U2 will go to church today?

U2FP

I saw the red cabs of the trucks outside the venue all week. i then saw the cabs lined up and hooked up to their respective trailers on saturday aternoon.

i hear that there is still practicing going on in town though. my source says that u2 will remain in vancouver for another week or so and then fly down to california for a dress rehearsal show and then to san diego.

there is enough stage material for 2 venues so i gather that the drivers and crew might be leap frogging venues. i heard there is about 100 crew members for this tour. that would be quite a lot for just one show and reinforces the leap frogging idea.

bb king is in town tonight and i heard on the radio that there will be some "very special guests" tonight. they were practicing when love comes to town a couple days ago.

i also hear that the commodore ballroom is trying to get them to play there. not sure if they are trying to get them to play now, or when they hit vancouver next month. there is a huge sace between vancouver and chicago and i hear they will be spending more time in vancouver to chill out.

this is of course rumour.....but i will keep you updated on what is happening.

hank

Back
Top Bottom