Is it a FACT that Lemon was rehearsed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I am wondering if this is really true or just a rumor.

I mean, I hear all this talk about how Bono can't hit the Lemon falsetto anymore (which I personally don't believe), and yet they supposedly rehearsed this song?

And how, exactly, would it fit into the setlist, or even the general feel of this tour? Seems it would stick out like a sore thumb. (I suspect only the great MacPhisto can pull off this song live.)

Even if they could make it work somehow, I imagine most casual fans would either be completely confused, or think it was some sort of joke.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the song, but I just can't see how it was even considered...which leads me to my original question: was this just a rumor, or is it known that they actually did rehearse this song?

The rumour came out of the early Mexico rehersals... most of which did not eventuate. What did eventuate was most of the Vancouver rehersals. Ultraviolet was included in there as well from memory.

Lemon would be great but I don't really see there motivation for playing it... it totally doesnt fit into the concept, it''s long, they only played it a few times towards the end of a very, very, very long tour and probably have very few fond memories of playing the song.

It was not reported that Ultra Violet was rehearsed in Vancouver.
Supposedly someone asked Willie Williams if Lemon was rehearsed and he said "yes".

I talked to Steve Lillywhite in the elipse during Kings Of Leon at the second San Diego show. One of the things I asked him was if Lemon was actually rehearsed as rumored. He confirmed to me that it was.

IT'S VERY SIMPLE :wink:

instead of Zoo Station, you put LEMON... and the The Fly.. THEN ULTRAVIOLET

:drool:

("baby baby baby... light my way.... THANK YOU, GOODNIGHT!!)

Last edited:
pepokiss said:
IT'S VERY SIMPLE :wink:

instead of Zoo Station, you put LEMON... and the The Fly.. THEN ULTRAVIOLET

("baby baby baby... light my way.... THANK YOU, GOODNIGHT!!)

Back
Top Bottom