Interference.com Custom Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2thewho

The Fly
Here's the way it works: I'll start off the tour with a city and date of my chosing, plus general background information. Proceding people posters will add a logical city, date, venue, setlist, and concert description, as well as a new leg every few "months."

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
In January 2007, U2 released its latest album, "Love Comes Again." This album hit the top of the charts in 34 countries, and the first solo, Mercy, released in October 2006, became the Irish band's 3rd US number one hit, also hitting the top of the charts in the UK, Ireland, Canada, and Netherlands. Said song was nominated for and won 4 Grammys, including Album of the Year. The Mercy Tour, said to be completely different from anything the band has done before, is set to kick off in May.

ALBANY, NY- MAY 14 2007
Deciding it's best to test the ambitious touring plans on a relatively unimportant market, U2 heads to the newly rechristened Times Union Arena. As this is the opening night for a new tour, the group has decided to film it in 35mm and IMAX for a rockumentary/mockumentary, much like The Kids Are Alright. The opening act is local Jazz/ Rock group Mad Tryst. Following the group's rousing performance, a pre-recorded performance of "Meltdown in the Sky," a high-powered instrumental piece from LCA, is played,and the final chords of Meltdown segue perfectly into an inspiring rendition of Mercy. During this performance, the ceiling of the arena lights up with a colorful LED display, showing images of the night sky, constellations, and Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Clearly, this lighting scheme was intended for Pride, but the effect is nevertheless amazing. From Mercy, the band moves onto City of Blinding Lights, which uses a lighting scheme similar to that used in the Vertigo Tour. When COBL is finished, the lights go off, and the opening guitar riff Where the Streets Have No Name can be heard. Then, 3 stage lights go on, revealing Edge, Adam, and Larry, who all finish the intro. Bono, however, cannot be seen. Just then, a triumphant wail can be heard, and the house lights go up, revealing Bono on a cat walk surrounding the upper seating deck. The lights go back down, and images of Africa can be seen on the ceiling as the song is performed. The concert continues with less flair, showcasing new songs such as North Star and Lead Me (In the Way I Should Go,) as well as older, less played song such as Red Hill Mining Town and If God Will Send His Angels. Towards the end of IGWSHA, Bono notices a teenaged boy holding up a sign with guitar, bass, drum, and vocal notation for Electrical Storm with the words WE CAN PLAY IT!! After double checking the veracity of this claim, Bono brings the boy and three friends up to play the song. After an amazing performance of the song, the impromptu quartet without notice launches into Sunday Bloody Sunday, and the vocalist and guitarist (the boy who had the sign) begin moving in opposite directions on the circular catwalk to avoid security. The bridge section of the song includes part of the "Fuck the Revolution" rant, a white flag, and the guitar solo and a snippet of The Who's Baba O'Riley. Not surprisingly, Bono appreciates this minor rebellion and launches into a full-fledged cover of the 1971 hit. After this, U2 plays a few more of their hits, such as WOWY and Vertigo before the encore, which consists of Achtung Baby's darker songs, the beautiful "Lord Help Me" from LCA, and Acrobat, which closes the concert.

SETLIST
Mercy
City of Blinding Lights
Where the Streets Have No Name
North Star
Kite
Walk On
Lead Me (In the Way I Should Go)
Beautiful Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Red Hill Mining Town
Elevation
The Good and the Ugly (New album)
If God Will Send His Angels
Electrical Storm
Sunday Bloody Sunday/ Baba O'Riley
With or Without You
Until the End of the World
You (new album)
Vertigo
Electric Co.
"40"

ENCORE
One
Love is Blindness
So Cruel
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Lord Help Me
Acrobat

:ohmy:

:drool:

simply :drool:

(I guess more songs form the New album will appear as the tour goes by, is it?)

that album name... :drool:

Zooropean103 said:
You forgot about the upcoming classic stadium anthem- Stop (The Poverty), of course with Bono's 20 minutes speech before.

:grumpy:

I was hoping they'd play "Jazz Odyssey"

This seems really cool so if no one minds, I'll do the next show of this tour.

BOSTON, MA - MAY 17, 2007
The band continue the tour at the Fleet Center in a city that they've never had trouble selling tickets, Boston. The basic setlist is similar to Albany but with a couple of differences. The visuals for Mercy are touched up to look like you're flying through the universe. Love is All We Have Left from LCA is played for the first time with Bono stating that he wrote it thinking it was a Frank Sinastra song. Exit is played for the first time since 1989 and is played in a similar manner with a snippet of Silver and Gold. Sunday Bloody Sunday is played like the version from the Rattle and Hum film. Vertigo ends the main set. The encore is also rearranged. Tomorrow is played for the first time in 24 years instead of So Cruel. Love is Blindness closes the show. Songs rumored to be soundchecked were Numb, Please, and Ultraviolet.

SETLIST
Mercy
City of Blinding Lights
Where the Streets Have No Name
North Star
Kite
Walk On
Lead Me (In the Way I Should Go)
Beautiful Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Red Hill Mining Town
Elevation