Interesting Setlist Musings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harbinger

Refugee
I'm bored/procrastonating and have been fiddling around on u2-vertigo-tour.com and I've come across some interesting facts:

1) The last performance of The Electric Co. prior to Saturday (not counting the "private" rehearsals earlier this week and in Vancouver) (1987-08-03) was also the first performance of Silver and Gold

2) Stories For Boys has not been played (in full or snippet) for 23 years minus 1 day, and incidentally, it was last played at the Sports Arena in LA.

Just a couple of interesting facts...

I really should be working now...

Can't wait for Monday!

For An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, it has been a grand total of 20 years, 6 months, and 2 days since ti was last played. 40 has only been played full band once in the last 15 years, 2 months, and 16 days. Zoo Station and Running To Stand Still haven't been played in 11 years, 3 months, and 16 days.

What a set! :up:

(The scary part is that while I could have gotten that information off u2-vertigo-tour.com, I actually knew it off memory.)

To the day... that's impressive.

<slighly off topic>and blast that human rights video for interupting the glory that would be RTSS --> Zoo Station</sot>

If you have the Loreley DVD from 1983 then you could check out An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart there.

It was close to being one of the last times it was played.

The only live version of ACD/ITH I have heard is on the Sweetest Thing single, and at the time as a 12 year old I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. Found it hard still to break into early U2 stuff due to me preferring the live version more.

Anyway, if the new rendition is anything like that, I'm a happy man.

Back
Top Bottom