If you want them to play songs from Pop and Zooropa, post here !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hola amigos :wave:

I´m quite dissapointed by the setlist they´re playing on this tour. It´s pretty much Elevation Tour with a few changes (something from Boy and, of course, the HTDAAB numbers) but on the main setlist is pretty the same :sad:, I mean, the obligatory "Greatest Hits" based on the 80s and Achtung Baby... and...

Still nothing from Pop and Zooropa :tsk:. I don´t know why on earth they don´t want to play rare live songs as Zooropa, Dirty Day, Lemon, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, Do You Feel Loved, Discotheque, etc, and many others that are just explosive :shocked: :rockon:.

Even non rockers as Please, The First Time, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man, Some Days Are Better Than Others or even rare live songs from Achtung Baby as Acrobat would be awesome.

Aren´t they bored and tired of playing the same songs hundred times?

I don´t know my friends, I´d love to hear a completely fresh setlist, how many times we´ve heard those "Greatest Hits" songs live?... it´s time to Pop Musik :drool: and Zooropa :drool:

I hope the band will know about our feelings
Peace :wave:

hmmm we we go with thread number 100000000 about said subject

and look from someone who loves pop and zooropa :wink:

Just do the obvious. Next time someone meets someone from U2 (Bono, Edge, Larry, or Adam) just flat out ask them:

"Why don't you guys play more from Zooropa or Pop? I think 75% of U2 fans can go without Bullet, Pride, or With Or Without You."

If you ask Larry be sure to take a few steps back. :wink:

Remember that the band started the tour playing extremely rare live songs of Boy they haven´t played for 20 years :yes: instead some "Greatest Hits" and nobody complained about that. So why do they can´t play songs from Zooropa and Pop ? :tsk: instead Beautiful Day, Elevation, Sunday Bloody Sunday (What´s the deal with that Elevation version?), the "blues" version of Bullet The Blue Sky, With or Without You, or the overexposed Vertigo.

I don´t know how to start a petition because it seems that petitions posted on petitiononline.com aren´t effective :(

Peace :wave:

i think what they did over in europe by not playing anything from pop and zooropa is fine

but i would be dissapointed if they play the same sets for the 3rd leg since theyve already hit those cities

Keep Beautiful day its still a fantastic song live. Though i agree.. bin elevation and SBS is tired. put it on rotation with bullet and wowy . one every night

Miricale_Drug said:
Keep Beautiful day its still a fantastic song live. Though i agree.. bin elevation and SBS is tired. put it on rotation with bullet and wowy . one every night
elevation is one of the most crowd participationg parts of the show :| sunday bloody sunday is so powerful this tour also, specially in the war trio

and were did you get the 75% can go without hearing it? i think its the other way around to be honest and to see that all you have to do is hear the reactions to the songs, and the compare them with the reactions to the electric co and Zoo Station

elevation tour featured:

gone
stuck in a moment
discotheque (sometimes - first leg)
kite
walk on
bad (semi regularly)
staring at the sun
stay
angel of harlem
whats going on (third leg)
new york
until the end of the world
the ground beneath her feet (occasionally)

none of those songs except end of world have been played vertigo tour. the only repeat songs are:

elevation, beautiful day, bullet, sunday bloody sunday, one, streets, the fly (wasn't an elevation regular after halfway through the 2nd leg or so though), pride.

with or without you and i still haven't found weren't played regularly in north america, but found homes in the european setlist. they were also off and on in elevation, but with or without you was there the majority of the time. ditto that mysterious ways which comes and goes.

so there you have 7-8 songs carried over from elevation tour, with:

zoo station, the electric co, an cat dubh, into the heart, the ocean, gloria, 40, running to stand still along with bringing back (granted only a couple of times) whos gonna ride your wild horses. party girl has also been played more than a handful of times and then all the bomb songs. and vertigo. again.

so saying it's elevation tour with a few changes is kind of dumb. if you want to say that about the north american stage setup, then yes, it is similar to elevation's with the ellipse, the monitors on the top etc, but the light curtains add a good bit of effect too. the eurigo stage is completely different from elevation as well.
:wink:

edit: zooropa live doesn't work, do you feel loved they feel didnt work live, lemon probably wouldn't work here and now either.

Last edited:
zoopop said:
Just do the obvious. Next time someone meets someone from U2 (Bono, Edge, Larry, or Adam) just flat out ask them:

"Why don't you guys play more from Zooropa or Pop? I think 75% of U2 fans can go without Bullet, Pride, or With Or Without You."

If you ask Larry be sure to take a few steps back. :wink:

I will. But by then the third leg will be almost over so I don't think it'll make much difference :wink:

I predict at least one Pop song on the third leg. Probably Please :drool: Zooropa is much more doubtful... the thing is most of the Pop/Zooropa songs wouldn't have a logical place in the set besides the Zoo-encore, and so U2 might take out Zoo Station and people would be like ":sad:" and if they took out The Fly people would be like ":mad:" but imagine instead of the usual awesome Zoo Station sounds hearing "MOOOOOOOOOOOOHHFOOOOOOOOOOHH!" :combust: but I think Gone could be in the main set, and Please could substitute either Bullet or Running...I doubt U2 would take out Pride. Zooropa is even harder. If we see any song it will be Stay, though Dirty Day would be fantastic, as would Lemon. There were rumors of Lemon being rehearsed but those haven't amounted to anything thus far...

I think U2 should take out Elevation for Do You Feel Loved :wink: instead of WOOOOHOOO's we'll get LOOOOOOOOOVE's :drool: too bad that will never happen in a million years.

after a million years though...:wink:

oh absolutely! :hyper:

frankly I don't get why they have left they them off thus far. :madspit: If they think we want to hear "Pride" over something off those 2 brilliant :)bow: ) albums, they are definitely going :coocoo:

I don't expect them to play the Wanderer full-band or something (although that would be amazing :rockon: ), I don't see why they can't play Please, Gone, or Stay. those are all excellent songs that they should be able to play in their sleep. :yes:

and they shouldn't water the songs down with lousy acoustic versions either. :tsk:

OMG you know what song I would really love to hear: Dirty Day!:love: OMG someone should so start a petition for that!:heart:

Re: Re: If you want them to play songs from Pop and Zooropa, post here !!!

U2Man said:

How could any human being not be?

:wave:

Always the same setlist, always the same complainers, always the same boring puppy. :wave:

Re: Re: Re: If you want them to play songs from Pop and Zooropa, post here !!!

guill said:

Always the same setlist, always the same complainers, always the same boring puppy. :wave:

Are you jealous because you're not clever enough to make your own avatar? :wave:

I don't care of my avatar.
I just don't understand why you're always complaining, you are always bashing the setlist :sad:

Last edited:
guill said:
I don't really care of my avatar.

Why do you care about mine then?

guill said:
I just don't understand why you're always complaining, you are always bashing the setlist :sad:

That has nothing to do with my avatar. Don't know why you felt such a need to knock me below the belt like this.

Last edited:
You take your avatar very seriously.
You're always bashing the setlist so i wanted to bash you a little bit, nothing aggressive.
Sorry if you think it was.

Last edited:
guill said:
You take your avatar very seriously.

FYI, I do care about the creature that is in my avatar, yes, and there's a reason for that, which I might not need to explain to you. But that's not really the reason why I'm bothering:

guill said:

You're always bashing the setlist so i wanted to bash you a little bit, nothing aggressive.

If you think I'm bashing the setlist then I would be happy to see you convince me that I'm wrong. Or cheer the setlist yourself. Don't make irrelevant, offending, unnecessary remarks about my avatar or me.

Why am I explaining myself to you? :banghead:

Last edited:
hey guill, since you posted in here that means you want them to play Pop and Zooropa songs too which means you are doing the same complaining :wink:

Chizip said:
hey guill, since you posted in here that means you want them to play Pop and Zooropa songs too which means you are doing the same complaining :wink:

:up: Once again Chizip shows why he rules Interference! :wink:

::bow: :bow: :bow:

Re: Re: Re: If you want them to play songs from Pop and Zooropa, post here !!!

guill said:

Hi guill,
No need to bring U2Man's puppy into the conversation.

If you are tired of his posts, maybe skip over them or dont read them.

Thanks!

mAY bE If tHEy dIDN't pLAY vERTiG0 tWIcE, thEY COUlD pLAy sOME s0Ngs fROm P0p or Z00roPa! tHaT wOULd tOTaLLy PWNZ0RZ!!!!!!!!1111112314

dont worry U2man, everybody loves your cute puppy avatar!

id like to see/hear do you feel loved and velvet dress again!

quadcaster said:
dont worry U2man, everybody loves your cute puppy avatar!

id like to see/hear do you feel loved and velvet dress again!

Yes I feel loved again! :heart: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom