If I were producer... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Refugee
 
ponkine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 1,737
Local Time: 12:18 AM
If I were producer...

Hi my old friends

I┤ve been seeing a lot of possibles set list from you, but I really want to put one the band could play, considering mainly Bono┤s voice ( so he can┤t sing "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Gloria", "Sunday Bloody Sunday",etc ) and best live songs, and something very important: U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it┤s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year┤s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list

Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

1- Intro
2- New Song
3- New Song
4- Mofo ( Pop Mart version )
5- I Will Follow ( Boy version )
6- Even Better Than The Real Thing ( Zoo TV version )
7- New Song
8- Beautiful Day
9- Zooropa ( like Zoo TV version )
10- Last Night On Earth ( Pop Mart version )

Acoustic Set:

11- Dancing Barefoot or Staring At The Sun
12- Everlasting Love
13- In God┤s Country
14- Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Pop Mart version )

15- Springhill Mining Disaster, Wake Up Dead Man ( Slane Caste version ) or Please ( Elevation version )
16- Bullet The Blue Sky
17- Running To Stand Still ( Lovetown version, Bono couldn┤t sing "Haleluya" like Zoo TV times )
18- Where The Streets Have No Name
19- All I Want Is You ( full song with strings ending while the band leaves the stage, that would be an amazing effect !!! )

Encore:

20- New Song
21- Discotheque or One Tree Hill
22- Mysterious Ways
23- Acrobat
24- New Song
25- Love Is Blidness or The First Time

I think this would be an amazing interesting set list, with 5 new songs, a very rare acoustic set, some "Greatest Hits" and more !!!
__________________

ponkine is offline  
Old 07-26-2004, 05:39 AM   #2
War Child
 
Numbology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Croatia
Posts: 787
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Re: If I were producer...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ponkine
[B]

U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it┤s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year┤s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list



my thoughts exactly.my setlist is similar to yours,in a way of not repeating the old hits,"the best ofs".they should really do that vintage stuff from october,boy;some less known songs and the ones that made an IMPACT during the past tours.
__________________

Numbology is offline  
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Refugee
 
ponkine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 1,737
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Re: Re: If I were producer...

Thanks my friend
I┤d love to see something that U2 setlist !!!!!
ponkine is offline  
Old 07-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #4
War Child
 
Numbology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Croatia
Posts: 787
Local Time: 04:18 AM
GO ACROBAT GO
Numbology is offline  
Old 07-28-2004, 04:43 AM   #5
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gdansk
Posts: 58
Local Time: 04:18 AM
i think they will keep playing 'greatest hits' because more than half of the audience is waiting for it. there is large number of people in the audience every night that sees them for the first time and they simply want to hear classic tunes.
Porter is offline  
Old 07-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #6
War Child
 
Numbology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Croatia
Posts: 787
Local Time: 04:18 AM
True,so true
but still i hope they'll do it like this way because i want it that way
Numbology is offline  
Old 09-16-2004, 05:22 AM   #7
Babyface
 
how2dismantle04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 21
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Re: If I were producer...

Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
Hi my old friends

I┬┤ve been seeing a lot of possibles set list from you, but I really want to put one the band could play, considering mainly Bono┬┤s voice ( so he can┬┤t sing "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Gloria", "Sunday Bloody Sunday",etc ) and best live songs, and something very important: U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it┬┤s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year┬┤s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list

Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

1- Intro
2- New Song
3- New Song
4- Mofo ( Pop Mart version )
5- I Will Follow ( Boy version )
6- Even Better Than The Real Thing ( Zoo TV version )
7- New Song
8- Beautiful Day
9- Zooropa ( like Zoo TV version )
10- Last Night On Earth ( Pop Mart version )

Acoustic Set:

11- Dancing Barefoot or Staring At The Sun
12- Everlasting Love
13- In God┬┤s Country
14- Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Pop Mart version )

15- Springhill Mining Disaster, Wake Up Dead Man ( Slane Caste version ) or Please ( Elevation version )
16- Bullet The Blue Sky
17- Running To Stand Still ( Lovetown version, Bono couldn┬┤t sing "Haleluya" like Zoo TV times )
18- Where The Streets Have No Name
19- All I Want Is You ( full song with strings ending while the band leaves the stage, that would be an amazing effect !!! )

Encore:

20- New Song
21- Discotheque or One Tree Hill
22- Mysterious Ways
23- Acrobat
24- New Song
25- Love Is Blidness or The First Time

I think this would be an amazing interesting set list, with 5 new songs, a very rare acoustic set, some "Greatest Hits" and more !!!
What a set! Bring that on! That's the best proposed setlist i've seen yet! I especially like the idea for 'All I Want Is You'.

Good Effort!
how2dismantle04 is offline  
Old 09-16-2004, 07:30 PM   #8
War Child
 
believer75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 611
Local Time: 03:18 AM
MOFO would blow the audience away and I wouldn't doubt it's appearance given I've seen Bono 'pop' up in a few photos lately with his hood on...just like those old 'Pop' days.
believer75 is offline  
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #9
Refugee
 
ponkine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chile
Posts: 1,737
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Re: Re: If I were producer...

Quote:
Originally posted by how2dismantle04


What a set! Bring that on! That's the best proposed setlist i've seen yet! I especially like the idea for 'All I Want Is You'.

Good Effort!
Muchas Gracias amigo, thank you so much

I really want to read Edge┬┤s opinion about this setlist !!!!
ponkine is offline  
Old 11-28-2004, 10:25 AM   #10
Refugee
 
bonojr62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The last night on earth
Posts: 2,064
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Oh please bring the POP days back. As a bad as people think Pop is that was one of U2's greatest Eras
bonojr62 is offline  
Old 12-01-2004, 09:19 AM   #11
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 156
Local Time: 10:18 PM
Great setlist. The only problem is I think we will get more like 7 new songs and a show under 2 hours or 20 songs. I think you will have to lose about 6 older songs from your setlist.
__________________

barrett is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright ┬ę Interference.com