If I were producer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi my old friends :wave: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

I?ve been seeing a lot of possibles set list from you, but I really want to put one the band could play, considering mainly Bono?s voice ( so he can?t sing "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Gloria", "Sunday Bloody Sunday",etc ) and best live songs, and something very important: U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it?s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year?s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list

Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

1- Intro
2- New Song
3- New Song
4- Mofo ( Pop Mart version )
5- I Will Follow ( Boy version )
6- Even Better Than The Real Thing ( Zoo TV version )
7- New Song
8- Beautiful Day
9- Zooropa ( like Zoo TV version )
10- Last Night On Earth ( Pop Mart version )

Acoustic Set:

11- Dancing Barefoot or Staring At The Sun
12- Everlasting Love
13- In God?s Country
14- Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Pop Mart version )

15- Springhill Mining Disaster, Wake Up Dead Man ( Slane Caste version ) or Please ( Elevation version )
16- Bullet The Blue Sky
17- Running To Stand Still ( Lovetown version, Bono couldn?t sing "Haleluya" like Zoo TV times :( )
18- Where The Streets Have No Name
19- All I Want Is You ( full song with strings ending while the band leaves the stage, that would be an amazing effect !!! )

Encore:

20- New Song
21- Discotheque or One Tree Hill
22- Mysterious Ways
23- Acrobat
24- New Song
25- Love Is Blidness or The First Time

I think this would be an amazing interesting set list, with 5 new songs, a very rare acoustic set, some "Greatest Hits" and more !!!

ponkine said:

U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it?s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year?s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list

my thoughts exactly.my setlist is similar to yours,in a way of not repeating the old hits,"the best ofs".they should really do that vintage stuff from october,boy;some less known songs and the ones that made an IMPACT during the past tours.

Re: Re: If I were producer...

Thanks my friend:wave: :wave: :wave:
I?d love to see something that U2 setlist !!!!! :lol:

i think they will keep playing 'greatest hits' because more than half of the audience is waiting for it. there is large number of people in the audience every night that sees them for the first time and they simply want to hear classic tunes.

ponkine said:
Hi my old friends :wave: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

I´ve been seeing a lot of possibles set list from you, but I really want to put one the band could play, considering mainly Bono´s voice ( so he can´t sing "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Gloria", "Sunday Bloody Sunday",etc ) and best live songs, and something very important: U2 has been playing for 25 years, so now it´s time to give more unusual setlist, not just "greatest hits" live, considering songs like "Pride ( in the name of love )", "New Year´s Day" or "With Or Without You" sounds weak now, here is my set list

Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes

1- Intro
2- New Song
3- New Song
4- Mofo ( Pop Mart version )
5- I Will Follow ( Boy version )
6- Even Better Than The Real Thing ( Zoo TV version )
7- New Song
8- Beautiful Day
9- Zooropa ( like Zoo TV version )
10- Last Night On Earth ( Pop Mart version )

Acoustic Set:

11- Dancing Barefoot or Staring At The Sun
12- Everlasting Love
13- In God´s Country
14- Sunday Bloody Sunday ( Pop Mart version )

15- Springhill Mining Disaster, Wake Up Dead Man ( Slane Caste version ) or Please ( Elevation version )
16- Bullet The Blue Sky
17- Running To Stand Still ( Lovetown version, Bono couldn´t sing "Haleluya" like Zoo TV times :( )
18- Where The Streets Have No Name
19- All I Want Is You ( full song with strings ending while the band leaves the stage, that would be an amazing effect !!! )

Encore:

20- New Song
21- Discotheque or One Tree Hill
22- Mysterious Ways
23- Acrobat
24- New Song
25- Love Is Blidness or The First Time

I think this would be an amazing interesting set list, with 5 new songs, a very rare acoustic set, some "Greatest Hits" and more !!!

What a set! Bring that on! That's the best proposed setlist i've seen yet! I especially like the idea for 'All I Want Is You'.

Good Effort!

MOFO would blow the audience away and I wouldn't doubt it's appearance given I've seen Bono 'pop' up in a few photos lately with his hood on...just like those old 'Pop' days.

Re: Re: If I were producer...

how2dismantle04 said:

What a set! Bring that on! That's the best proposed setlist i've seen yet! I especially like the idea for 'All I Want Is You'.

Good Effort!

Muchas Gracias amigo, thank you so much :cool:

I really want to read Edge´s opinion about this setlist !!!!:edge: ;)

Great setlist. The only problem is I think we will get more like 7 new songs and a show under 2 hours or 20 songs. I think you will have to lose about 6 older songs from your setlist.

Back
Top Bottom