I want to hear and have they ever played...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I want to hear-

Electrial Storm

Lemon

If God Will send his Angels (do this ever do this live... i think they played 10 seconds during one show...)

Acrobat like so many

holy joe (have they ever played it?

mercy (awesome song!)

lady with the spinning head (have they ever played it?)

one tree hill

who's gonna ride your wild horses (my favorite song that I've never seen they play.. what are the odds that they will play it?)

hawkmoon 269 (great song... )

numb (zooropa rules)

the ground beneath her feet

a sort of homecoming

party girl

-everything from the WAR album

They played a snippet of "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" on the Elevation tour between "Bad" and "Where The Streets Have No Name". I would like to hear it too.

I'm really hoping and Praying they'll play "A Sort Of Homecoming". That is my all time favorite song.:drool:

Hawkmoon would be great! They have only played that a handful of times during the Lovetown Tour. Though they did play a snippet of it during Desire a handful of times last tour. I absolutely love that song live, check it out of the lovetown documentary.

clerks said:
I want to hear-

Electrial Storm

Lemon

If God Will send his Angels (do this ever do this live... i think they played 10 seconds during one show...)

Acrobat like so many

holy joe (have they ever played it?

mercy (awesome song!)

lady with the spinning head (have they ever played it?)

one tree hill

who's gonna ride your wild horses (my favorite song that I've never seen they play.. what are the odds that they will play it?)

hawkmoon 269 (great song... )

numb (zooropa rules)

the ground beneath her feet

a sort of homecoming

party girl

-everything from the WAR album

I'm trying to understand why so many people want to hear Electrical Storm over so many other better songs. C'mon peeps, explain!!!! Yes it's an ok song but when there is a huge back catalogue to choose from why that particular tune, which cannot be that easy to re-produce live?!!!

As for me, I've seen them do Numb, A Sort Of Homecoming, One Tree Hill, & Party Girl.......be good to see them re-visit those again!!!!

Last edited:
Electrical Storm I think is a great song. I'm sure many people want to hear it because it's a new song that has never been played live (to my knowledge). That's why I want to hear it. i mean, what's a better reason than that?

I want to hear all new songs at the concerts i go too... i could live without any of the usuall far. Just new album and songs I haven't heard before.

For people only going to one show, sure you want to hear the hits. But I love 99% of their songs so they are all hits to me.

It would be cool if they had "fan" shows where they told you in advance they were going to bust it out for the fans going to more than one show.

I get jealous of Bruce springsteen fans (my 2nd fav). my friend saw 13 shows last tour and heard 130 songs.

If you go to 13 U2 shows you will hear maybe 40 songs?

I like that they play the hits. I love them. But more randomness would be awesome.

The Electric Co. - They have rehearsed it so we might get it. FINALLY!!! :drool:

Hawkmoon 269 - I don't think they will ever play it again. I never liked the live versions of this song, it's not as good as the studio version. But it would be great if they worked on it more to play it live.

Mercy - I don't know if they will ever play it but you never know, a snippet of it during Bad would be bsolutely perfect!

Fast Cars - They have rehearsed it so they might play it. If they do I hope they all play it.

Electrical Storm - I think they will play this song eventually on the tour, maybe on the second or third leg.

Surrender - Another song they have rehearsed, I hope they play it soon. :hyper:

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - It would be awesome if they played this song like they did on the Zoo TV tour. It sounded great live!

Twilight - I LOVE this song!!! They have been rehearsing a lot of Boy songs but I don't think they have rehearsed this one wich is a shame cause it's a great rocker!!! I really hope that they play again the Boy songs and like it and then eventually play this one!!!!!

Womanfish - Well, one can dream.... :wink:

If God Will Send His Angels - they did that in full on 25 April 1997 and it was a disaster. For much of the first leg of Popmart, it was snippeted before ultimately being replaced by New Year's Day.

Holy Joe - once, at the Popmart Tour announcement.

Lady With The Spinning Head - never.

Hawkmoon 269 - don't listen to BrazilianFly. The live version pisses all over the studio version and is one of the best live songs U2 have ever played; Edge's opening slide solo was gorgeous, and then the song was compressed into a shorter space than the studio version, intensifying the emotion. It opened eight Lovetown shows, seven of which were in Australia, and was snippeted once during a performance of Desire on Elevation.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - the full band version was cut after one show on the third leg of ZooTV and the acoustic version done a few times that leg before being cut too, but snippets reappeared on Elevation between Bad and Streets. I still say it has next to no chance of ever being played again, though.

Where is the best place to get this rare gems? I need to hear these songs live before I die (at least via CD/iPod)

Anyone have them?

Electrical Storm would be cool but holy crap would Mercy ever be amazing. I promised I wuldn't drool though like all you people:laugh: But serioulsy Mercy would be a great lead into Where the Streets Have no Name I think. I so love Mercy. One of my all time favorite U2 songs. I never think of it as being a possible contributer to the set list though becasue I just know they won't do it.

Originally posted by Axver Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - the full band version was cut after one show on the third leg of ZooTV and the acoustic version done a few times that leg before being cut too, but snippets reappeared on Elevation between Bad and Streets. I still say it has next to no chance of ever being played again, though.

Why is that Axver? It's a great song. In fact it's the first song I ever remeber liking by U2. Does the band hate it or somthing?

Back
Top Bottom