I want "I Fall Down" on Vertigo2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L03VIk

War Child
This winter I discovered this jewel of a rock song from October. It had been a long time since I had listened to October, probably like most others... And there it was! Got it on 2 Live DVDs now also. GREAT!

The boys haven´t played this song since ´85, and I think now is the time to take it back on the setlist.

What do you think?

I also would like to see "Exit" and "...Wild horses" on Vertigo2005.
And could we hope for Ultra Violet or the always missing ACROBAT? pleeeeease?

My fave song by U2 is Pride... I WISH THEY'D BRING BACK A BUNCHA THE GREATS FROM THE PAST!!!! This is my first concert EVER and my frist U2 concert and I fear that I will never see some of my favies in concert... :sad:

i think the chances of hearing I Fall Down are zero. What would they possibly remove from the setlist so that IFD can be played, Pride, Bad, BD, STREETS? Somehow I don't see it happening.

They should do a piano set and rotate songs such as I Fall Down, October, and Original Of The Species. Never going to happen, though.

Iknow iknow... But there´s always hope... Sunday Bloody Sunday was gone forever, but came back...

Maybe it´s time to put those Bullet the blue sky dollar bills to rest for this tour... I think everybody kinda get´s the point of that song by now;-)

The thing about I Fall Down is that it´s as catchy as their later stuff. It´s not an obscure old song, like some of the others on October...

There´s always a chance of Edge being into pianos... New Year´s day, Sweetest thing, October, The Hand´s That Build America, I Fall down... Lot´s to pick from...

Also there´s 20 years since the last time they played it live... Would be a great anniversary..

Let me have my dreams please:wink: :wink: :wink:

To be honest, I don't really care what they play......I enjoy pretty much everything in the band's catalog and I've never seen them in concert before, so I don't really care......I think a lot of older fans don't realize there's hardcore addicts like myself who are younger and haven't got to see the band before, which is why it's essential that they play mostly big songs in concert.......maybe if I had been to 50 U2 shows, I'd want to see more obscure stuff like "I Fall Down", but I'd rather hear (and see) the classic tracks live since I haven't been able to do that yet.

L03VIk said:
Iknow iknow... But there´s always hope... Sunday Bloody Sunday was gone forever, but came back...

Sunday Bloody Sunday was never gone. Far from it. The only tour it has missed was Lovetown. And it is a crucial, important, and famous U2 song that was a single, while I Fall Down is an obscure song only known to the fanatics.

I think U2 basically cut it because it was no longer relevant. It's nice to dream that it may return, though. I personally want October to reclaim its spot before New Year's Day.

Axver said:

I personally want October to reclaim its spot before New Year's Day.

Indeed..........and "SBS" and "Bad" are always superlong in concert......if they did a show without those two tracks, that would leave room for four songs in their place, probably........but then again, those two songs are two of their finest live ones.

I'm hoping for a little more from the Zoo Tour this time around. I nkow they have to play the favorites all the time (Pride, SBS, Streets, One...) but I would love to see them do a bunch of more obscure stuff.

Axver said:

Sunday Bloody Sunday was never gone. Far from it. The only tour it has missed was Lovetown.

Didn´t mean it was gone for a very long time, but they decided to not play it anymore, but rediscovered the song in connection with Popmart Sarajevo...

I didn´t know I Fall Down myself until a couple of weeks back, but it struck me how uptodate that song is. It doesn´t sound like an old song melody- and soundwise was my point I guess...

I think also this tour has greater possibilities to have some old songs, because the boys have said for themselves that they listened to some of the old stuff in the making of this album...

L03VIk said:

I think also this tour has greater possibilities to have some old songs, because the boys have said for themselves that they listened to some of the old stuff in the making of this album...

Yeah, but half the fans at the show will own 1 or 0 U2 albums, so it's gonna be a greatest hits/new album set for the most part.

Yeah, but half the fans at the show will own 1 or 0 U2 albums, so it's gonna be a greatest hits/new album set for the most part.

Yea, but I think it´s gotta be that way...
I would also be disappointed with a show with none of the hits...

But I think there is room for 1 or 2 songs for fans only in a 20-22 song set...

Back
Top Bottom