i think 'even better than the real thing' or 'ultraviolet' will make an appearance...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
so far the zoo tv style setlist has included...

zoo station
the fly
until the end of the world
who's gonna ride your wild horses?
mysterious ways

i think 'even better' and or 'ultraviolet' are going to be next.

even better was on a list outside the tune up room (remember that photo?)

but i think wgrywh will become more regular before ebttrt.

I can definetly see EBTTRT making a cameo, dont know about Ultraviolet. But we did see "horses" though, so you never know.

They all are incredible songs, so play them all I say :wink:

UV is unlikely. The Edge cannot play all the guitar parts.

For those that don't know, U2 used some minor backing tracks for certain guitar parts in UV during the ZooTV tour. U2 has shunned the use of such recorded guitar parts for this tour. As a result, I do not expect to see UV make the setlist unless the song is re-worked into a softer, less rocking version.

Real Thing is a definite possibility. It was played on Elevation a couple of times, if I recall correctly, and was a staple during the Popmart tour. I'd much prefer Love Is Blindness though. :drool:

dude, ultraviolet is one of the best songs ever.

i think i'll say it again.

play all of achtung, and all of HTDAAB and streets, and electic co, and a few others, and bam..... greatest show EVER.

U2 still uses backing tracks....Miracle Drug, BD, Love and Peace, Streets, UTEOW all have backing parts to them

inmyplace13 said:
Ultra Violet please please please please please :drool:

please please please please please please.............

Sorry Inmyplace13 but I thought I'd add a couple more - it couldn't hurt, oh my goodness if they ever played this song.:ohmy:

scottyT said:
dude, ultraviolet is one of the best songs ever.

i think i'll say it again.

play all of achtung, and all of HTDAAB and streets, and electic co, and a few others, and bam..... greatest show EVER.

:drool: :yes:

inmyplace13 said:
Ultra Violet please please please please please :drool:

I agree, a setlist with Ultra Violet and Please fives times WOULD be great! :wink:

Even Better... would be fun, Ultraviolet would rule, and Please would trump everything :D

AtomicBono said:

Even Better... would be fun, Ultraviolet would rule, and Please would trump everything :D

No doubt.

I think there's a slight chance we might see it this tour (in it's full-band glory)...I'd better be there if they do pull it out.

aussiedge said:
U2 still uses backing tracks....Miracle Drug, BD, Love and Peace, Streets, UTEOW all have backing parts to them

None of those songs use backing tracks for guitar parts, which is what U2 did when playing UV for the ZooTV tour...

There is no way Ultraviolet gets played. It wont be played again in all liklihood. Even Better though wouldnt be surprising, but I dont think it would help the setlist any.

any SONGS that have been rehearsed could make an appearance anytime plus they still have a 3rd leg to do so may add or change the set yet again!

plus i know for sure they have been going to the rehearsal room in dublin to run over sum things on sum free days;-)

still a long way to go i would expect a few suprises
still on the 2nd leg maybe 1 or 2!!

cheers BB Mac

MTEdge:
>For those that don't know, U2 used some minor >backing tracks for certain guitar parts in UV >during the ZooTV tour. U2 has shunned the use >of such recorded guitar parts for this tour.

Listen to "All Because of You" live. There's a second guitar playing throughout. U2 has used backing tapes extensively for years - no reason for them to stop now.

MTEdge said:

None of those songs use backing tracks for guitar parts, which is what U2 did when playing UV for the ZooTV tour...

listen closely to zoostation live nowadays...there lies the answer

Back
Top Bottom