I still haven't found the setlist I'm looking for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
Well, we'll know on 3-28 but perhaps not before. . .

Why not connect some new songs thematically with older ones:
"Bullet the Blue Sky" with "Love & Peace," or
"Kite" with "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own."

I also see the need for new surprises, additions and deletions from the standard fare.

I loved the addition of "Out of Control" last time but not the latter deletion of "Bad."

What other oldies might they uncover? Electric Co.? In my dreams, we'd hear "With A Shout," "October," "I Threw A Brick," "Surrender," and "Like a Song." (In my dreams, Bono would start climbing rhetorical scaffolding again and stop embracing Irish and American flags and reject them for the White Flag like he used to. Seems like the White Flag is needed more today than it was in 1983 . . .)

I like the new "reggae" version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, and certainly hope that stays in the set along with "Pride."

There's no such thing as too much "Joshua Tree," but I'd trade "In God's Country" or "Running to Standstill" for "With or Without You" in a second.

A three-hour, 35-song, two-set show with intermission while appealing seems highly unrealistic.

Please end with "Yahweh" since it's the kind of "woo-woo" God-love anthem they do best, but why not throw in a clip from MLK or 40.

Sorry, but "Walk On" just didn't do it for me in terms of a closing song.

See you in Chicago,
Anu

Back
Top Bottom