I love 'make your own' setlist threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Out Of Control
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Love And Peace Or Else
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Running To Standstill
City Of Blinding Lights
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name

All Because Of You
Elevation
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You

Yahweh
One

Venue: Slane Castle

Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, Elevation, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad, City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, Sweetest Thing, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Stuck In A Moment, A Sort Of Homecoming, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, October - New Year's Day, Pride, Where The Streets Have No Name, One,

Encore(s): Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Fast Cars, Party Girl, Yahweh - When Will I See You Again, 40

Comments: It's the last date of the 2006 Vertigo tour, and it is a very festive and very emotional one. 'Sometimes' is played with dedication to Bob Hewson, which Bono snippeted during One in 2001. Sweetest Thing makes it's Vertigo debut tonight. Instead of Miss Sarajevo or Running To Standstill, U2 plays October and segues it into New Year's Day. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses is played in full electric, not acoustic like last year. A Sort Of Homecoming is played for the first time since 2001. During Yahweh, Bono sings a line of When Will I See You Again, a Ramones song, which he dedicates to Dublin and the Vertigo tour crew. 40 closes the 3 hour long show, camera crews capture the show...

01. Bad / The Ghost of You / Ruby Tuesday / Sympathy for the Devil / Shout ->
02. Where the Streets Have No Name
03. Until the End of the World ->
04. The Electric Co. / Like a Rolling Stone / See Me, Feel Me
05. Elevation / Creep
06. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In a Little While
07. Mysterious Ways / Sexual Healing
08. One / More than Words
09. Desire / Revolution ->
10. All Because of You ->
11. All Along the Watchtower
12. God Part II
13. Love and Peace or Else
14. Like a Song
15. Bullet the Blue Sky
16. Running to Stand Still / Hallelujah
-HR Declaration-
17. Pride (In the Name of Love)

18. Electrical Storm
19. Even Better than the Real Thing
20. Last Night on Earth
21. New Year's Day
22. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars

23. All I Want is You
24. Crumbs from Your Table
25. Beautiful Day
26. Please / 40

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Standstill
One

Desire
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You
One

All Because Of You
Yahweh

Main Set: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, A Sort Of Homecoming, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Fast Cars, Desire, The Electric Co., One Step Closer, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Standstill, Original Of The Species, With Or Without You, One, Yahweh, 40

Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, Even Better Than The Real Thing, All Because Of You, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Pride, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad, City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Angel Of Harlem, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Exit, Beautiful Day, Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore(s): Elevation, Desire, With Or Without You, Crumbs From Your Table, Mysterious Ways, One, Walk On

Last edited:
Venue: American Arena

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Out Of Control
Beautiful Day
A Sort Of Homecoming
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Fast Cars
Desire
Yahweh
Bad

Zoo Station
One
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Walk On

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. The Fly
05. The Electric Co. / See Me, Feel Me
06. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
07. Original Of The Species
08. Kite
09. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah
11. Bullet The Blue Sky
12. The Hands That Built America
13. Electrical Storm
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One / More than Words

16. Zoo Station
17. Until The End Of The World
18. Even Better than the Real Thing
19. With Or Without You

20. The First Time
21. All Because of You
22. Beautiful Day / Road Trippin'
23. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
All Because of You
Gloria
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
Original Of The Species
Kite
Love And Peace Or Else
Like a Song
Exit / Van Morrison's Gloria
Running to Stand Still
One / More than Words

Mofo
Last Night on Earth
Gone
Please

Stay (Faraway, So Close)
Crumbs from Your Table
With or Without You
Electrical Storm

Vertigo
All Because Of You
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Angel Of Harlem
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Love And Peace Or Else
Desire
Fast Cars
A Sort Of Homecoming
Bad - One Step Closer

Bullet The Blue Sky
Original Of The Species
With Or Without You

One
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Even Better Than The Real Thing
All Because Of You
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Gloria
The Electric Co
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It
Staring At The Sun
Crumbs From Your Table
Love And Peace Or Else
Please
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Walk On

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
The Fly
Electrical Storm
The Wanderer
Yahweh

Main Set: Vertigo, All Because Of You, Even Better Than The Real Thing, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Wire, I Still Haven't Found..., MLK, City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Angel Of Harlem, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, One Step Closer, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride, One

Encore(s): Elevation, The Fly, Until The End Of The World, With Or Without You, Electrical Storm, Yahweh, Crumbs From Your Table

Last edited:
1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. New Year's Day
3. I Will Follow
4. The Electric Co. / Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting (snippet) / Three Little Birds (snippet) / Break on Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
6. God Part II
7. Exit / Van Morrison's 'Gloria' (snippet)
8. Bad / Dirty Old Town (snippet) / Walk on the Wildside (snippet)
9. Crumbs from Your Table
10. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / The Promised Land (snippet)
12. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
13. Dirty Day
14. The Wanderer
15. One / Unchained Melody (snippet)

16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock the Casbah (snippet)
17. Bullet the Blue Sky
18. Miss Sarajevo
19. Where the Streets Have No Name / The Playboy Mansion (snippet)

20. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21. MoFo
22. Discotheque / Relax (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet)
23. Last Night on Earth

Comments: After supposedly wrapping their Vertigo Tour, U2 comes down to Orlando, FL to play 3 additional dates and party at Universal CityWalk this week. Members of the Interference Message Boards flash a special card and can buy 3-date ticket packs for the price of 1 $160 ticket. These were the least of the surprises this evening
'The Unforgettable Fire' was welcomed by shock and awe after making its opening song and Vertigo Tour debut; plus it hasn't been played since 1989.
'11 O'Clock Tick Tock', 'God Part II', 'Exit', 'Dirty Day', 'The Wanderer', 'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me', 'MoFo', and 'Last Night on Earth' also make their Vertigo Tour debuts.
Chuck Norris, David Bowie, Chris Rock, Will Ferrell, NBA-player Dwight Howard, and Chris Martin in attendance. Chuck Norris later punches his fist straight through Chris Martin's chest because he kept singing along to all of the songs.

Last edited:
1. Elevation
2. Vertigo / Two Hearts Beat as One (snippet)
3. Gloria
4. Desire / 1969 (snippet) / So You Want to be a Rock 'N' Roll Star (snippet)
5. The Cry / The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / I Can See for Miles
6. Mysterious Ways
7. An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart
8. Original of the Species
9. Help (snippet) / Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
10. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
11. Gone
12. Until the End of the World
14. Please
15. City of Blinding Lights

16. Zoo Station
17. The Fly / Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car (snippet)
18. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
19. Acrobat

20. Running to Stand Still
21. Bad / Hawkmoon 269 (snippet) / Hey Jude (snippet) / Sexual Healing (snippet)
22. All I Want is You
23. Where the Streets Have No Name

Comments: Night 2 in Orlando and 'Elevation' opens for the first time since 2001.
The Edge literally catches on fire during his solo for 'The Electric Co.', prompting Bono to douse the flames with water from his waterbottle.
'Original of the Species' is dedicated to Bono and Edge's daughters.
'Gone', 'Desire', 'Please', 'Ultra Violet', 'Desire', and 'Acrobat' all make their Vertigo Tour debuts, while fanatical favorite 'Acrobat' is played live for the first time ever.

Last edited:
1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
3. MoFo
4. Discotheque / Relax (snippet)
5. Gone / Need You Tonight (snippet)
6. Last Night on Earth
7. Mysterious Ways
8. God Part II
9. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
11. All I Want is You / Norwegian Wood (snippet)
12. Original of the Species
13. Running to Stand Still / Amazing Grace (snippet)
14. Bad / MLK (snippet)
15. Where the Streets Have No Name

16. The Unforgettable Fire
17. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
18. Gloria
19. The Electric Co. / Behind Blue Eyes (snippet) / Break on Through (Snippet)

20. Until the End of the World
21. Love and Peace or Else
22. Please
23. City of Blinding Lights / 40 (snippet)

Comments: It's Night 3 in Orlando and 'Zoo Station' opens for the first time since 1993.
'Original of the Species' is dedicated to John Lennon
Bono breaks a drumstick during the drumsolo of 'Love and Peace'
Interferencer LemonMacPhisto pulled onstage during 'Discotheque', and he teaches Bono the 'Pee-Wee Herman Dance'
City of Blinding Lights closes the 2005//2006 Vertigo World Tour along with a snippet of fan favorite '40'

In the 3-night stand, 45 different songs are played, 15 tour debuts, and 1 live debut.

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

1969 snippet! That would be fantastic! :drool: :faint:

The Desire from the 01-10-1990 Rotterdam show has that snippet if you didn't know already

the best version of Desire ever

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Desire from the 01-10-1990 Rotterdam show has that snippet if you didn't know already

the best version of Desire ever
OH, that's right!!!!! The one with the shredding solo at the end!!!! :drool: That's amazing! I wish Bono had sung more lines from other Stooges songs!! Oh God! :drool:

Main Set: All Because Of You, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, New York, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Gone, City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, The Sweetest Thing - Neon Lights, A Sort Of Homecoming, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Love And Peace Or Else, Exit, One Tree Hill, Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore(s): Out Of Control, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With Or Without You - Heroes, Pride, Crumbs From Your Table, One, People Get Ready, Yahweh, Bad - One Step Closer

Comments: It's the final night of the Vertigo tour and U2 abandons most of the material from 'Bomb' and plays fan favorites, at one point Bono takes fan requests and brings a fan onstage to perform 'People Get Ready'. "The Sweetest Thing" is dedicated to Bono's wife Ali, which he says "Has been loving and patient throughout the long tour." Ultraviolet is played in full for the first time since 1993. Exit hasn't been played since 1987, and One Tree Hill hasn't been played since 1989. A Sort Of Homecoming makes it's Vertigo debut tonight, and Bono remembers the lyrics, after a struggle in 2001. New York is played in honor of Sept. 11 and the 8 shows they played there. During With Or Without You, the band performs a little bit of David Bowie's "Heroes." A powerful version of Bad closes the show tonight, and Bono sings a snippet of "One Step Closer." Tonight's show is film for a possible home video release.

Last edited:
Main Set: City Of Blinding Lights, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Out Of Control, All Because Of You, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Stuck In A Moment, A Man And A Woman, Staring At The Sun - Fake Plastic Trees, Bad, Pride, One

Encore(s): Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, When I Look At The World, Yahweh, Walk On

1. God Part II
2. Vertigo / Happiness is a Warm Gun (snippet)
3. The Cry / The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break on Through (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
4. MoFo
5. The Fly
6. Discotheque / Do You Want To (snippet) / Relax (snippet) / If You Wear That Velvet Dress (snippet)
7. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
8. Dirty Day
9. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
11. Gone
12. Until the End of the World
14. Bad / The First Time (snippet) / One Step Closer (snippet)
15. Neon Lights (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights

16. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
17. Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Original of the Species
18. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
19. Instant Karma!

20. The Unforgettable Fire
21. Exit / Rider on the Storm (snippet)
22. Running to Stand Still / Dirty Old Town (snippet)
23. Where the Streets Have No Name / 40 (snippet)

Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, Indian Summer Sky, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, MLK, City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Angel Of Harlem, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Fast Cars, Bullet The Blue Sky, Please, Where The Streets Have No Name, Pride, One

Encore(s): Kite, Stay (Faraway, So Close), With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Crumbs From Your Table, Vertigo

All Because Of You
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
All I Want Is You
I Still Haven't Found...
Vertigo
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Van Diemen's Land
Miracle Drug
God Part II
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
-------Human Rights Declaration-------
Zoo Station
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You
Love Rescue Me
Original Of The Species

Zoo Station
The Fly
All Because Of You
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
Dirty Day
Discotheque
Out Of Control
Miracle Drug
A Sort Of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Love And Peace Or Else
Bullet The Blue Sky
Neon Lights

Desire
Discotheque
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Vertigo

All I Want Is You
With Or Without You
One

Stuck In A Moment
Yahweh

1. Love and Peace or Else
2. Until the End of the World
3. The Fly
4. Discotheque / Happiness is a Warm Gun (snippet)
5. Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
6. Gone
7. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
8. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
9. Norwegian Wood (snippet) / Original of the Species
10. Kite / Blackbird (snippet)
11. All I Want is You
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
13. Love Rescue Me
14. Running to Stand Still / Dirty Old Town (snippet)
15. Where the Streets Have No Name / Under Pressure (snippet)

16. City of Blinding Lights
17. Elevation
18. Out of Control
19. Vertigo / Rock 'N' Roll ****** (snippet)

20. The Cry / The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / Break on Through (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
21. Gloria
22. The Unforgettable Fire
23. Bad / (Don't Fear) the Reaper (snippet) / Fly Like an Eagle (snippet) / One Step Closer (snippet)

Main Set: City Of Blinding Lights, All Because Of You, Out Of Control, Beautiful Day, Twilight, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Love And Peace Or Else, The Fly, Pride, A Sort Of Homecoming, October, New Year's Day, Bad - One Step Closer, Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Encore(s): An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart, With Or Without You - Heroes, One, Original Of The Species, Walk On

theu2fly said:
Encore(s): An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart, With Or Without You - Heroes, One, Original Of The Species, Walk On
Very interesting. Starting the encore with ACD / ITH would be kinda cool and a very unpredictable move. I very much like it. :yes: But I would just put Fast Cars or some other rocker in the place of One. Too many "slow" songs after the other can get a bit boring.

I also like: Love And Peace Or Else - The Fly - Pride - A Sort Of A Homecoming! I think that could work pretty well. But imo LAPOE has to start after a slow song, it can't follow a rocker cause the slow intro would kill the mood left by the rock song before it.

Main Set: Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Crumbs From Your Table, All Because Of You, Gone, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Elevation, New Year's Day, Miracle Drug, Desire, All Along The Watchtower, All I Want Is You, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Love And Peace Or Else, Running To Standstill, One

Encore(s): Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, Pride, Out Of Control, Vertigo, The Electric Co, The Ocean

TheBrazilianFly said:

Very interesting. Starting the encore with ACD / ITH would be kinda cool and a very unpredictable move. I very much like it. :yes: But I would just put Fast Cars or some other rocker in the place of One. Too many "slow" songs after the other can get a bit boring.

I also like: Love And Peace Or Else - The Fly - Pride - A Sort Of A Homecoming! I think that could work pretty well. But imo LAPOE has to start after a slow song, it can't follow a rocker cause the slow intro would kill the mood left by the rock song before it.

I've been using Until the End of the World -> Love and Peace or Else -> Please and it works pretty well

in my mind, Until... would have it's usual ending and then you'd hear a faster build of Love and Peace, like the MTV Relief Show version, then Bono's drumming fades into Larry's drumming on Please

It's all about the bass and drums :wink:

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. Gloria
3. Out of Control
4. The Cry / The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet)
5. Last Night on Earth
6. Discotheque / Relax (snippet)
7. Mysterious Ways
8. An Cat Dubh-Into the Heart
9. City of Blinding Lights
10. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
11. Kite
12. Walk On / Yahweh (snippet)
13. Running to Stand Still / Dirty Old Town (snippet)
14. All I Want is You
15. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
16. The Fly

17. MoFo
18. Love and Peace or Else
19. Gone

20. Acrobat
21. Bad / The First Time (snippet)
22. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
23. Love is Blindness / One Step Closer (snippet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom