I listened to the songs that interested me the most and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(namely these) Running to stand still, Zoo station, The fly, Love and peace... and Yahweh from first night.

Running : beautiful. The piano version, with the halleluiah and Edge singing "ha la la de day". I'm not sure this version would work well with either Bono's loud ha la la de day's like JT version or the screaming halleluiahs form Zoo TV. Yes, if there were drums but otherwise not IMO. Liked Edge's punch on the keyboard in the "she is raging" part.

Zoo station: missing lyrics or not, interesting return - still good. A bit more drive in Bono's voice would not hurt this song. Maybe he's saving it to last longer for the tour?

The Fly: I thought the Elevation version was unbeatable, but this one has a lot of promise. Intro :rockon: , I love what Edge is doing in the second verse, really like "a man will rise" parts from Bono, interesting solo and finish. This one could use a bit more aggresive voice from Bono, like the last tour.

Love and peace: wow. The highlight of the HTDAAB songs live so far. (I heard the other songs from Brooklyn) Kind of Macphisto-ish voice from Bono, and Edge manages to sound even more wild than on the album. The ending :up:

Yahweh: thought it was bad at first, but the keyboards really help. Interesting addition to the acoustic collection of live U2. Like Running... this version works well with soft singing from Bono.

Last edited:
I like all of your selections. Yahweh really surprised me, especially the crowd was really into it as well it seemed. I live how they sang the chorus.

Second night was better, songs like Miracle Drug and COBL were a lot better than the first one, along with Sometimes. Their starting to get the FLY and elevation better.

I thought "One" was amazing and shows why it should be played every night. The crowd was great with this song.

I'm having problems with ABOY though. I can't get into it. I dont like it's place on the setlist, and the performances both nights were very weak imo. And I Looovee this song, the live performances during the promo tour were unbelievable. But it hasn't sounded as good on the tour so far, I don't like how Edge helps sing the chorus.

Yes, I was surprised to hear the audience take over the chorus in Yahweh, I only missed the "the sun is coming up" build up from teh album.

"isn't that right Larry Mullen jr?" in Love and peace :cool:

Last edited:
I'm surprised with Yahweh too, I really like how its done and hope it stays as it is.

I also agree with the placement of ABOY and would argue that it'd be far better after Vertigo or the main set-closer than where it is now.

Listening to 5 more: Electric co., An cat dubh/Into the heart, Pride, Streets.

The combo sounds nice, I like it. Perhaps an odd choice of two slow songs in such a setlist.

Electric co. - the audience is LOVING this one! Wow, what a reaction for an oldie. Rocks! "I can see for miles" hope they keep this ending.

Pride - even though Bono's voice isn't what it used to be, I like the epic nature of this one, the "oh-oh-oh- oh" is classic.
Bono speech in the middle and into the next speech :bow:

Streets - I liked what he was singing right before the first verse, and during the "oooh oooh oooh" part. (I'm guessing by the reaction from the crowd the white lights appeared) Really powerful performance.

"i'm ready ... nearly
i'm ready... nearly" :lol:
Like the guitar "flowing" in the chorus and the "allright" part.

Last edited:
On Yahweh, I missed the "sun is coming up on the ocean part" which I think is the highpoint of the studio version. Wonder if it will make it's way into the live version. If not, I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom