I guess we WILL get A Man and A Woman...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niceman

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Have you heard the news today?

An acoustic version of A Man and A Woman will be a B-side for All Becauseof You....that makes a live acoustic performance WAY more likely.....

Just because an acoustic version's being used as a b-side doesn't really guarantee a thing.

Heck, they released IGWSHA as a SINGLE and didn't play it (ut had been dropped from the set looong before its single release), and we're all still waiting for Electrical Storm, the only single to have never been played.

So an album track/b-side may not really have as much chance as this announcement may imply to some.

I live in hope, though.

Niceman said:
Have you heard the news today?

An acoustic version of A Man and A Woman will be a B-side for All Becauseof You....that makes a live acoustic performance WAY more likely.....

Oh boy...

Axver said:
Just because an acoustic version's being used as a b-side doesn't really guarantee a thing.

Heck, they released IGWSHA as a SINGLE and didn't play it (ut had been dropped from the set looong before its single release), and we're all still waiting for Electrical Storm, the only single to have never been played.

So an album track/b-side may not really have as much chance as this announcement may imply to some.

I live in hope, though.

Guarantee? No.

Make WAY more likely? Absolutely!

It means they haven't lost interest in the song entirely...

I love the album version but I guess I wouldn't like to see it live... but probably it will make an appearence, I don't see AMAAW being another "never played live" song. Same for Crumbs... One Step Closer it's the only HTDAAB song that I guess they'll never play...

I also remember Bono saying "I shake when I sing this song." Maybe it's too personal for him?

From Bomb songs, I'm hoping for One step closer, at least as a snippet.

Little sister.....
I've been sleeping in the street again
like a stray dog.
Little sister.....
I've been trying to feel complete again
but you're gone and so is God.

If we do get AMAAW I doubt it will be fully acoustic, unless U2 decides to add an acoustic set to the third leg... personally I'd rather them not. I would love for them to play AMAAW though, it's one of my favourites from Bomb! :drool:

I hope they don't dare to play AMAAW. Imagine how boring it'd be live (IMO the studio version is too). I even would prefer Crumbs or bring Electrical Storm that deserves to be played....

A Man and a Woman is my LEAST fav track on the album & I dont think it wil fit into the Vertigo set AT ALL

What Axver said, I think that is right on.

I doubt it will be done at all. I will say its more likely than One Step Closer though, that will never be played IMO.

LOL "oooo please U2 change the set abit"

"OK guys, lets do a man and a woman for the 3rd leg"

"ohhhh they BEST NOT play a man and a woman"

priceless

Muad'zin said:

Be carefull what you wish for, you may get it! :evil:
i wouldnt mind getting a man and a woman? a)its a new song, which so many people around here seem so desparte for b)its a song from HTAAB, the album they are actually touring, and b) i like the song anyway

KUEFC09U2 said:

priceless

:lol: you can never win :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:

priceless

Chizip!!!! Aygo!!!!! jag0918!!!!!

You are being mocked here....aren't you gonna respond? :huh:

Last edited:
too true

KUEFC09U2 said:

priceless

"the mysterious distance, between a band and its fans"

Re: too true

U2girl said:

"the mysterious distance, between a band and its fans"

Haha, U2girl could actually have a point here. Don't we all remember how Bono has always talked about how he cannot write silly love songs with sugar on top - that nothing is as sweet as that? There's a bitterness to every relationship, even the most loving ones. Maybe that's what we see on this board. I'm sure Bono would understand us :wink:

jejejejeje...
No, it's not that I don't like the song, but it's one of my least favourites and I hope they sacrifice it to play other songs that deserve to be played better than AMAAW.:p :up:

AMAAW Kicks ass and should be played on this tour for those that likely cuz if it isn't played on Vertigo we may NEVER see a live version...ever!!! That sucks!! It would be the new acrobat!!

:huh:

Like the acoustic version of Stuck... did, I have a feeling that this new acoustic version of A Man... will turn out that much better than the album version. Look forward to this.

Back
Top Bottom