I don't think we'll get any more surprises...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
I think they've played all the songs that they're ever gonna play on this tour - anyone agree?

I can't see any more surprise songs - not even Crumbs.

If I was totally honest though, maybe One Tree Hill could make a surprise appearance BUT ONLY AS A SNIPPET so that does't really count!

On another note - I wish they'd dump Miss Sarajevo back for Running.
Running is MILES better!

No.
Maybe, maybe not.
True.
If you want setlist variation, you have to accept some songs will get dropped (if only for the night).

Not a chance.
At least one song will be added in the third leg.
Crumbs From Your Table WILL be played.
It would really be embarassing if U2 couldn't play one Pop song for the whole tour.

The next US leg will show more surprises, at least a different set list. "An Cat Dubh" will def. not be a staple anymore in the set, I think we'll see some new songs along the way.

Not many, of course.

Adam said that the third leg would see some differences. who knows how much, but i would be there will be a least a couple of changes for the third leg.

Like in '87 (when one tree hill, helter skelter and silver and gold became staples) the third leg will show some new songs.

There will definitely be some sort of setlist variation come the third leg. Probably not much, but still some.

U2mixer said:
I went here and nearly sh*t myself...

http://u2neophobia.com/concerts/concert_fiche.php?id_concert=59

...nearly ate my words!!!!

(if you see a standard setlist then it's already been changed)

If it is changed later, here's what the site says for the curious:

01. Vertigo 02. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock 03. Electric Co. 04. Elevation 05. Last Night On Earth 06. Beautiful Day 07. Until The End Of The World 08. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 09. City Of Blinding Lights 10. Miracle Drug 11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 12. Love And Peace Or Else 13. Staring At The Sun 14. Fast Cars 15. Miss Sarajevo 16. Please 17. Where The Streets Have No Name 18. One
Rappel : 19. Ultraviolet 20. The Fly 21. Crumbs From Your Table 22. All Because of You 23. Electrical Storm 24. Vertigo

:drool: I really wish that were true!

There's a comment in French below it and I don't know what it says:

"Remarque(s) :
Et oui, c'est une blague!"

Edit: Babelfish translates that as "Note: And yes, it is a joke!"

Well, that was obvious. But don't get your hopes up, anyone.

U2girl said:
Please, Crumbs will come IMO.

I think those are very good guesses.

There will be more variation on the third leg. They play a 5 night stand at Madison Square Garden, there will be at least 1 or 2 shake ups during that stint.

yes, crumbs will come eventually i think.

i don't know if i buy the electrical storm 'edge said theyd do it 3rd leg' rumor, but if i had to bet on any song being played that hasn't been played yet this tour, i'd say crumbs.

U2mixer said:
I wish they'd dump Miss Sarajevo back for Running.
Running is MILES better!

I don't agree.
I think it's because you haven't heard Bono singing the opera. I never wanna go back to the Pavarotti version again. It's that good.

Re: Re: I don't think we'll get any more surprises...

God Part III said:

I don't agree.
I think it's because you haven't heard Bono singing the opera. I never wanna go back to the Pavarotti version again. It's that good.

I've heard the bootlegs - and I'm going to Barca so I might get to hear it there.

Don't get me wrong, I really like MS and if they could fit that into the set along with RTSS then I would be happy, but because they've dropped Running then I guess that what's pissed me off.

Hmmm...a version of RTSS that segued into MS - now that would be something to hear!

They have a 1 month break between the 2nd and 3rd leg. Hopefully they will use that time to rehearse a few new tunes and mix up the setlist a bit. If not, it will be a little disappointing.

Re: Re: Re: I don't think we'll get any more surprises...

U2mixer said:
Hmmm...a version of RTSS that segued into MS - now that would be something to hear!

I'd actually like it the other way, MS --> RTSS.

"And the night is set to freeze ... and so she woke up, woke up from where she was, lying still ..."

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom