I dont bloody belive it, where the hell is crumbs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's probably quite a difficult song to play, and they may have decided quite simply that they weren't ready. Hopefully we'll hear it before the end of the current leg.

We all know Larry was so pissed the night they made it, he can never do it again:wink: :wink: :wink:

I think there is 20% on this beeing played tonight though!

financeguy said:
It's probably quite a difficult song to play, and they may have decided quite simply that they weren't ready. Hopefully we'll hear it before the end of the current leg.

PREPARE TO FLAME:

I never heard of Coldplay writing a song which they couldn't figure out how to play live. Pretty lame if you ask me. :wink:

cmb737 said:

PREPARE TO FLAME:

I never heard of Coldplay writing a song which they couldn't figure out how to play live. Pretty lame if you ask me. :wink:

To play well live, I would suggest Crumbs is pretty difficult, no?

I dunno, I'm not an expert. There are precedents for U2 leaving out songs they found difficult to play, I'm not saying Crumbs is in that category, I'm just speculating.

financeguy said:

To play well live, I would suggest Crumbs is pretty difficult, no?

I dunno, I'm not an expert. There are precedents for U2 leaving out songs they found difficult to play, I'm not saying Crumbs is in that category, I'm just speculating.

Crumbs is a peace of cake compared to some of the popsongs live or achtung baby...it is a very simple song to play actualy

I have played guitar for 8 years. I figured out how to play Crumbs after a few listens. Both guitar parts. My band even plays it. It's one of U2's easiest songs to play, there is no excuse to not play it. I think they're just lazy.

Or maybe they just don't see a place for it in their setlist. It wouldn't be the first time a song of a new album doesn't get played. (Most of) The audience does expect a fair amount of classics. That leaves only so much room for new songs. Why was there no regular place for songs like Like a song, Indian Summer Sky, Red Hill Mining Town, Heartland, Acrobat, Do You Feel Loved, When I Look at the World during past tours? All easy to songs, as are all U2 songs basically. Just because a song is easy to play doesn't mean there's a place for it on the bill. They have decided that what they currently use is what they need.

Not that I care though. I really dislike Crumbs.

financeguy said:

:| So I guess you didn't hear and see "Crumbs" on DVD that was with the album...
it's realy great... and it doesn't look like it's difficult for them to play,:rockon:

Last edited:
The_acrobat said:
I have played guitar for 8 years. I figured out how to play Crumbs after a few listens. Both guitar parts. My band even plays it. It's one of U2's easiest songs to play, there is no excuse to not play it. I think they're just lazy.
what a stupid fucking thing to say, sorry but did you write the song?

maybe they just realized that is not such a great song as it the lyrics suggested and therefore there's no interest in playing it live

Guys - they've been soundchecking it on and off for a couple of weeks now. Its likely to show up at some point, and right nwo they're still working on getting used to the new arena setting... I would love to see it played soon, but it would be quite a surprise if they debuted it at Live 8.

As to whether it will fit in the set, I think there's plenty of places it could fit. One possibility is in place of / alternating with Pride.

KUEFC09U2 said:
what a stupid fucking thing to say, sorry but did you write the song?

Whoa you said FUCK. You must be awesome!

I was merely commenting to whoever said that the song might be difficult to play, and was telling them how it's not a difficult song at all. Very basic progressions and tempos.

But who cares about all that.... what is important is that you can use the word FUCK.

The_acrobat said:

Whoa you said FUCK. You must be awesome!

I was merely commenting to whoever said that the song might be difficult to play, and was telling them how it's not a difficult song at all. Very basic progressions and tempos.

But who cares about all that.... what is important is that you can use the word FUCK.

I use the word FUCK so many times it's not even funny. :wink:
Oh another thing. Try to find the logic in this sentence: "sorry but did you write the song?" post of the month maybe of the year.

For FUCK's sake : let's review it again:
I have played guitar for 8 years. I figured out how to play Crumbs after a few listens. Both guitar parts. My band even plays it. It's one of U2's easiest songs to play, there is no excuse to not play it. I think they're just lazy. "what a stupid fucking thing to say, sorry but did you write the song?"

Can somebody please explain what the "making love" is meant here?

The Acrobat is right in his comment about lazyness. The funny thing about U2(one of the reason I love them actually) is that they keep contradicting themselves.
* First their was the "we will shake up the setlists like we have never done before"...:wink:
* Then the line I'm getting sick and tired of most woudl be "We've got 12 reasons to go on tour"at the moment:
okay let's count..
1 Vertigo
2 SYCMIOYO
3 Miracle drug
4 OOTS
5 LAPOE
6 ABOY
7 Yahweh
8 City of blinding lights
9 Money
10 Egoboost
11 the Jackpot-clip before the encores
12 Vertigo!!!!!

Man I love this band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I will allways will..Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam you rule and now play the setlist I posted damned!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care everybody and don't feel attacked. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Love and peace!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom