I am so angry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
No offense to all people in America, but i am just furious when i see set list that includes Ocean ,40, Bad???????????
What is it?I would really like to ask Bono about it?
Arent we Europenas worth enough to hear these songs, we had like brain-washing set list all the time???
Is anyone with me??

yeah, but you got vertigo twice a show.

shit man, that must have been AWESOME to hear vertigo six times in three nights (in amsterdam).

it's their greatest song ever! nananana NANANANANANAA! (guitar noise) i'm at a place callleeeed veeeeeeeeertigooooo!!"

ROCK!!!!!!!

no, seriously, i feel your pain.

Bono won't answer these kinds of questions. Apparently, as I have understood, someone asked him a similar setlist question yesterday before the show. He didn't want to say what his answer was. So I guess, we will have to keep guessing. :wink:

at least someone had the balls to ask him that as opposed to gushing and saying something like "OMG you're the best ever!!!!!!"

etc.

Zoomerang96 said:

shit man, that must have been AWESOME to hear vertigo six times in three nights (in amsterdam).

it's their greatest song ever! nananana NANANANANANAA! (guitar noise) i'm at a place callleeeed veeeeeeeeertigooooo!!"

ROCK!!!!!!!

no, seriously, i feel your pain.

To be fair, Zoomerang, they only played Vertigo 5 times in three nights in Amsterdam, but that was only because of some fan protesting from a great member of this site :wink:

U2Man said:

To be fair, Zoomerang, they only played Vertigo 5 times in three nights in Amsterdam, but that was only because of some fan protesting from a great member of this site :wink:

haha, that's right! seriously, that HAS to be embarassing to see fans beg you not to play a stupid song TWICE every show.

wow.

Zoomerang96 said:

haha, that's right! seriously, that HAS to be embarassing to see fans beg you not to play a stupid song TWICE every show.

wow.

:lmao:

Yes, thats what i thought!it is embarassing to listen stupid Verigo 2 times!!!and as i expected somewhat by magic, Ocen and 4o are back!!!Who knows whats next? if i see An cat dubh i will be even more mad!

girlhappy said:
No offense to all people in America, but i am just furious when i see set list that includes Ocean ,40, Bad???????????
Arent we Europenas worth enough to hear these songs, we had like brain-washing set list all the time???
Is anyone with me??

How many shows of the eurpean leg did you go to?

girlhappy said:
Yes, thats what i thought!it is embarassing to listen stupid Verigo 2 times!!!and as i expected somewhat by magic, Ocen and 4o are back!!!Who knows whats next? if i see An cat dubh i will be even more mad!

Well, in Europe I also got to hear An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Bad and 40. :)
(And Gloria and Original Of The Species, etc.)

The only song I also wanted to really hear and didn't was The Ocean (although that wouldn't have made sense in a stadium). And the new songs introduced at the third leg (In A Little While :drool: and Fast Cars). :(

:wave:

I was at both, yes. :)
So I do know how lucky I was.
Still, I think songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and The Ocean will not work in a stadium. Bad and 40 do and I do think that U2 should've played those more often during the stadium leg (those and Gloria).

girlhappy said:
Is anyone with me??

I got Bad and "40" at Croke 3, and "40" was also played at the third Amsterdam gig I believe.

Zoomerang96 said:

:lol: :laugh:

if a fan got them stop playing Vertigo twice in one night, someone should tell them that the pride/streets/one combo needs to be changed up and that btbs isn't great enough to play EVERY night.

chrissybaby said:
i heard vertigo 16 times this summer! i wanted 40 once, or bad........hmmmmmmmmm

holy crap 16 times?!

thats insane...ive seen it 3 this year, soon to be 4 or 5.... :wink:

Popmartijn said:

Well, in Europe I also got to hear An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Bad and 40. :)
(And Gloria and Original Of The Species, etc.)

The only song I also wanted to really hear and didn't was The Ocean (although that wouldn't have made sense in a stadium). And the new songs introduced at the third leg (In A Little While :drool: and Fast Cars). :(

:wave:

I wanna hear Original of the Species!!!!!:mad:

Zoomerang96 said:

5 times Vertigo in Amsterdam. Amsterdam 3 ended with 40....

Popmartijn said:
Still, I think songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and The Ocean will not work in a stadium.

I guess you're right where An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and The Ocean are concerned.
At the stadium leg U2 definately went for a setlist that communicates with the big crowd and let's be frank; it worked perfectly... it's a bit sad for us U2-maniacs who attend multiple shows, but you won't hear me complain.

I got Until the End of the World and Mysterious Ways in Brussels, All I want is you at Amsterdam 1, Out of Control at Amsterdam 2 and Wild Horses, Miss Sarajevo, Original of the Species (first time we play this properly) and 40 at Amsterdam 3.... besides all Amsterdam shows absolutely rocked..

Yeah, I'd love to see them in arenas over here in Europe, but U2 obviously decided that it doesn't make enough money..... sad but true.. I guess I'll be travelling to the States next time 'round...

Popmartijn said:
Still, I think songs like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart and The Ocean will not work in a stadium. Bad and 40

interesting interview with The Edge where he talks about this very thing:

Q: And one reason why it’s good to put new songs in?

A: I think it particularly works playing indoors as you are close enough to the crowd for them to see the process, for them to see when you are leaving the rails, going off into new territory and trying something different. The whole concept has a different energy when that happens. Outdoors in the big arenas where we were in Europe this summer, bigger gestures are more crucial and its more difficult to include everyone in something (experimental) like a rather crap version of a new song! You are concentrating on things in a different way when you know exactly what you are doing, a different part of the brain is engaged and there is something really exhilarating about going into the unknown. So we are constantly developing ideas, we don’t want it to be static.

Back
Top Bottom