HTDAAB songs that won't make it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I'm going with ONE STEP CLOSER.. is boring an dull... I fins it repetitive... I'm putting it in the outro (like Grace)

90% - Fast Cars
Maybe - A Man And A Woman

that... everything else is playable/listened...

YAHWEH WILL NOT CLOSE THE SHOW!!!!!!! :angry:

GRACE AND ONE STEP CLOSER CANNOT BE RELATED, DAMNIT!

Sorry. Sick of people lumping two (brilliant) songs together when they shouldn't.

Anyway, it is my opinion all songs will be played in some capacity, excluding Fast Cars. Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, COBL, ABOY, and OOTS are all guaranteed, as they have been played on the promo tour. I imagine One Step Closer may be confined to snippets in the style of The First Time, and A Man And A Woman could solely show up in acoustic format. I actually won't be surprised if Yahweh never appears, but I think it will.

This is a wonderfully playable album.

Axver said:
GRACE AND ONE STEP CLOSER CANNOT BE RELATED, DAMNIT!

Sorry. Sick of people lumping two (brilliant) songs together when they shouldn't.

I'm not lumping them together... I'm just saying that I'll put OSC as an outro.

just that

:|

couldn't you see them playing "one step closer" in the dark.....kind of a quiet lullaby...and then BOOM! launch into somthing else? I really can't see Yahweh or a Man and a Woman making it into the setlists...While the songs have there place, I don't see how the band would ever want to end a show with Yahweh....or have Man and a Woman acoustically?.....maybe if they only play a verse or two with the chorus.

pepokiss said:

I'm not lumping them together... I'm just saying that I'll put OSC as an outro.

just that

:|

Seemed like you were labelling them both as boring, dull, and repetitive (none of which is true about either of them and I can't figure out why anyone would think that way).

Aardvark747 said:

Not even at the end like Walk On?:eyebrow:

I think that it's unlikely to be played at the end. "Take this heart and make it break" isn't a great closing line.

I don't really know how people can find "one step closer" boring and dull, or can not like "Yaweh" or "man and woman". these people need having their ears, hearts and souls checked.
"One step" is subtle, subdued, it really makes you feel the lyric: about a man on the point of dying. that man is, incidentally, Bob Hewson. how can people be so unsensitive?
musically, it lives in the same ambient territory of the UF album, "the first time", passengers. it's a great tune, with great lyrics.
"man and woman" is like the continuation of "arms around the world", "sweetest thing", "little while"; it's a wonderful love song from Bono to Ali. with the wonderful lines "soul needs beauty for a soul mate" and "love, sex, faith and fear and all the things that keep us here".
"Jaweh" is simply amazing, is a prayer from Bono to God, like "wake up dead man" or "peace on earth". incredible song, and when it stops and then explodes again is one of the best ever musical moments from the lads.
guys, please, check your ears.

gabriele1971 said:
I don't really know how people can find "one step closer" boring and dull, or can not like "Yaweh" or "man and woman". these people need having their ears, hearts and souls checked.
"One step" is subtle, subdued, it really makes you feel the lyric: about a man on the point of dying. that man is, incidentally, Bob Hewson. how can people be so unsensitive?
musically, it lives in the same ambient territory of the UF album, "the first time", passengers. it's a great tune, with great lyrics.
"man and woman" is like the continuation of "arms around the world", "sweetest thing", "little while"; it's a wonderful love song from Bono to Ali. with the wonderful lines "soul needs beauty for a soul mate" and "love, sex, faith and fear and all the things that keep us here".
"Jaweh" is simply amazing, is a prayer from Bono to God, like "wake up dead man" or "peace on earth". incredible song, and when it stops and then explodes again is one of the best ever musical moments from the lads.
guys, please, check your ears.

:up: Well said.

Swan269 said:
couldn't you see them playing "one step closer" in the dark.....kind of a quiet lullaby...and then BOOM! launch into somthing else?
yep. I predict lights will go down or very dim - U2 will do One Step Closer and it will blend into Streets...

I can't see AM&AW being left out in the cold!! That's the song B's gonna' sing when he pulls me on stage to dance with him!! :laugh:
(A girl can dream, can't she??? :angel: ) :D

Last edited:
gabriele1971 said:

dude... I DON'T LIKE IT

"man and woman" is like the continuation of "arms around the world", "sweetest thing", "little while"

Yeah, right... they're not even close... sure they're for ALI, but they're so different

Jaweh" is simply amazing, is a prayer from Bono to God, like "wake up dead man" or "peace on earth". incredible song, and when it stops and then explodes again is one of the best ever musical moments from the lads.

yes it's great... NOT FOR ENDING A SHOW great, but great

best musical moment... I don't know... not for me

Cheers (God, I hate that)

gabriele1971 said:
Better still, take away their own individual tastes and right to form their opinions, tell them everythign you think they should liek and then string them up if they don't comply

gabriele1971 said:
[/B]

In your opinion of course. I find it to be the weakest song on the album. Mi fa dormire

gabriele1971 said:

[/B]

You seem to like it. many don't. 2nd weakest song on the album, in my opinion.

gabriele1971 said:
guys, please, check your ears. [/B]

Gabriele, con molto rispetto, non abbiamo tutti gli stessi gusti o le opinioni. Il gusto musicale è molto soggettivo

Scusa il mio Italiano, lo parlo bene assai ma non l'ho mai scritto.

Uhh ... sorry for turning this thread viciious?

Back to the original topic now ...?

pepokiss said:
OSC... out

I actually think that while it won't be played in full live, it could turn up either after One (like Unchained Melody) or flowing into Streets. Heck, you could even do One --> One Step Closer --> Streets.

Back
Top Bottom