How did they transition from Pride into Streets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBonofactor

The Fly
Seems like Pride would be an unusual song to transition into Streets. RTSS and Please were awesome transitions, and Bad AIWIY were pretty good on the ELevation Tour, though not as good as their predecessors. Does Pride work? How exactly did it go?

Theres no other band that merges songs like U2. My personal favorite is RTSS in to Streets on the zoo tour. Or AIWIY into streets (Slane). Or UTEOTW into NYD (zoo tour) I could go on, but I am interested how they've merged Pride into streets??????? Just cant imagine it to be honest with you. :eyebrow:

I'd love to know too!

I almost think they should reverse Streets and Pride and have Streets be the first encore.

Did they use the rumored African flag images in the backdrop or did they go back to the original red (I love the classic red background).

Did Streets have a long intro? Did they flood the crowd with the bright lights? (my favorite moment!!)

i don't know but i can imagine the synth intro from streets fading in during the "oh oh oh oh" crowd singing at the end of pride

bedouin fire said:
i don't know but i can imagine the synth intro from streets fading in during the "oh oh oh oh" crowd singing at the end of pride

That's what I was thinking too, but wondering at the same time how good that might be. Same questions about how long the intro was, lighting, etc.

elfyx said:
there was an encore break between them

Er ... no there wasn't, according to everything I've read, as Pride was the first encore song and Streets the next.

Pride into Streets was awkward. The lights didn't come up until towards the end of the song rather than the beginning so it never got that extra omph that kicks the song into high gear. I never thought I'd ever hear myself saying that Streets was weak but it just never took off for me.

joyfulgirl said:
Pride into Streets was awkward. The lights didn't come up until towards the end of the song rather than the beginning so it never got that extra omph that kicks the song into high gear. I never thought I'd ever hear myself saying that Streets was weak but it just never took off for me.

That's what I was afraid of and quite honestly the song that transitions into Streets should be one of the defining moments of the concert, if not THE defining moment.

I would be happy if they returned to RTSS into Streets, or even starting the encore with Streets like was suggested earlier. I'll be a little bummed if they don't do Streets justice.

Axver said:

Er ... no there wasn't, according to everything I've read, as Pride was the first encore song and Streets the next.

Yeah, my bad sorry. Got mixed up there.

TheBonofactor said:

the song that transitions into Streets should be one of the defining moments of the concert, if not THE defining moment.

Absolutely! Transitions in general during this show weren't the best, both in terms of song choice and execution, but I figure they're still playing with all that and it'll get stronger as the tour evolves.

Just for some perspective, I was at the first Elevation show in Miami, and there was no transition into streets per se. I think the song before was Bad, but they just finished the song and then started Streets. I remember I thought that was too bad because Streets transitions are in fact highlights of any U2 show.

Anyways, after a few shows they figured a way to do a transition with a 40 snippet and as we all know it was AWESOME! So there is still hope it will get better this time around too... But they MUST have the blind lights at the beginning, that's what the whole song is about live. I hope they change it. If you're not going to have the build up at the start, might as well not play the song...

i agree, the goosebump factor for the tranisiton/intro to streets was lacking

and the lights not shining bright at the beginning was a bit odd as well

still an amazing song though, and the bright lights near the end was really cool

How could they not do the lights to kick off the show???

That is the highlight of the whole song right there in that moment so it's ridiculous not to include that aspect.

They will change it up a bit...they know that it is the climax of the show because the have said it is....and like elevation which had a couple songs for the transition, im sure this tour will too...the next couple shows will tell.

Hearing the bootleg, THE goozebump moment must have been Electric Co.! What a great choice --> I hope they will keep this one in the setlist

bedouin fire said:
i know that i might be banned for this, but i could live without streets in the show

what you said, except replace "Streets" with "Pride"........which just doesn't do it for me anymore

Xavier

I'm sure the WOWY-Streets transition which McGuiness talked about will be imminent.

U2girl said:
I'm sure the WOWY-Streets transition which McGuiness talked about will be imminent.

i hope so, they need to do something. I think this was my biggest dissapointment, they need to merge it with another song.

Back
Top Bottom