Have to say this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:

Don't you get tired of making the same lame ass argument in every thread that comes up? You do realize that the tours you keep referring to (ZooTV and Popmart) had a SHITLOAD of corresponding imagery, right? You do realize that those two tours were much more musical theatre than a typical concert, right? It's like criticizing Pink Floyd's setlists during The Wall tour. The idea was to blow your mind, and the stage show was meant to share center stage with the songs.

Vertigo and Elevation, conversely are both meant to be back to basics in terms of spectacle. The focus is on the band, the music, the songs. While a significant portion of the show does have corresponing video (Streets comes to mind as one important one), there is NO NEED anymore to be restrained to specific setlist.

When you have an additional or fresh point to make, please do so. But you sound as much like a broken record as U2 did during the European leg of the Vertigo Tour.

Until then, please SHUT UP.

I have to say you make a completely valid point. No one complains about ZooTV and PopMart's setlists (apart from Axver and a quiet minority) because the overall spectacle was spot on. Whereas nowadays the band should really be relying on their music to push them forward creatively. Watching a bunch of old farts on a stage with shiny lights around them isn't as interesting, and hence I think the arguement for musical diversity comes in.

I'm so forming a band now called Axver And The Quiet Minority.

Axver And The Quiet Minority would love to play a couple of tunes at the happy couple's wedding. We do an amazing Exit! :hyper:

Aardvark747 said:
I can see it hitting no1 Axver.....but will u be touring down under?:hmm:

Yep, and there isn't a single North American date on the tour. :wink:

fandangamoq said:
wtf was that? who was actually singing that?

Me. In my off-Interference life, I'm actually a #1 rock star in the South Pacific! :rockon:

ouizy said:

I think by taking a Pearl Jam approach to touring it would make this band such a more dynamic being. They want to keep it exciting, they want to keep it fresh, well a couple of lights, or a new LED screen are not going to do it (and coming from a strage design geek, that is hard to say, trust me) I think a greater rotation of songs would not only squelch the complainers here, would even boost those who are now in total admiration of this band.

I just thought this was funny, because Pearl Jam is always the example that comes up of what U2's setlist should try to emulate, but as I was checking out the pearl jam boards (due to last night) I came across this post:

"Thank you and wow... that's all I can say. Setlist was nothing special but who gives a f**k."
http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=143748&page=8&pp=15

so it seems that even in the "perfect setlist world of pearl jam" they have setlist complainers...

whew... good to know!

Wow, somewhere someone disliked something. Thank you for opening our eyes.

(Edit: Okay, that was snotty, sorry.)

Last edited:
lazarus said:

Don't you get tired of making the same lame ass argument in every thread that comes up? You do realize that the tours you keep referring to (ZooTV and Popmart) had a SHITLOAD of corresponding imagery, right? You do realize that those two tours were much more musical theatre than a typical concert, right? It's like criticizing Pink Floyd's setlists during The Wall tour. The idea was to blow your mind, and the stage show was meant to share center stage with the songs.

Vertigo and Elevation, conversely are both meant to be back to basics in terms of spectacle. The focus is on the band, the music, the songs. While a significant portion of the show does have corresponing video (Streets comes to mind as one important one), there is NO NEED anymore to be restrained to specific setlist.

When you have an additional or fresh point to make, please do so. But you sound as much like a broken record as U2 did during the European leg of the Vertigo Tour.

Until then, please SHUT UP.

Having fancy technology is no excuse for skipping lots of oldies - for a whole decade. If we can have moaning about the setlist, by all means let's start where it applies the most.

U2 always has specific setlists on their tours. Last two tours did just fine in bringing out various songs.

As for sound of a broken record, I guess you'd know all about that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom