Have CRUMBS and OOTS been played on the same night yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrjunior31

The Fly
I don't think they have, but if so just wondering who had that lucky ticket? (Please let us know)

I've been trying to find a torrent of one of the Crumbs shows, anyone know if these are out there anywhere?

Apparantly many of the 3rd leg shows are being "hoarded" at least according to message boards on U2torrents...

No, Crumbs and OOTS have not been in the same set, but they were meant to be on 2005-10-04 in Boston. The encore that night was supposed to be ABOY/OOTS/Bad but was changed to ABOY/40.

There's torrents on U2Torrents.com with performances of Crumbs.

i don't see what the fuss is over crumbs, everyone was so pumped to hear it live but i don't think it was that good

I scoured U2Torrents the other day Ax, couldn't find it maybe there's a show up ther today I'll check it out thanx, there's definately a shortage of 3rd leg shows around , it's too bad...

for instance it would be nice to get one of the shows with sarejevo (which is unreal with bono drawing out that one part in the middle) and crumbs and any combo of the new encores: wild horses/walk on/party girl/original/stuck...

Bit Torrent / FLAC & SHN How To Guide... is the title of the thread and it can be found on this site under this heading...

U2 Feedback » Your Blue Room » U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 » U2 Vertigo Tour Audio/Video

at that 10/4 show right after aboy, almost immediatly, larry started going into 40, even before adam/edge were lined up to switch positions.

everybody looked perplexed, especially bono.

Wow , that would be cool Crumbs and OOTS both live at the same show.
Who knows , might still happen?

I really liked the way Crumbs got played early at one show a few weeks ago , they should do that more often.

The set could be like ,

01 - COBL
02 - Vertigo
03 - Elec.Co
04 - Elevation
05 - Crumbs

etc......

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I agree, with you Mauwer, i like it early in the set..

In what slot roughly have they played it the most incidentally?

I've just downloaded Amsterdam(07/16) and the opening to the set is phenomenal, It's my favorite that I've heard (been to 5 vertigo shows)

Bono comes out and yells "larry mullen jr". ...then "adam clayton"... then he sings "hello, hello" couple times then calls out "the edge" then into "uno dose tres"....

then Vertigo is into I Will Follow which works beauitfully and then into Electric Co (another perfect transition) then its Elevation (sadly) i dont understand thier fascination with this new version...

But seeing Crumbs in the 4 spot there after Electric Co would be unreal i think....

So what do you guys think about this possibility for the opening?

1.Vertigo
2.Out of Control // I Will Follow (rotation)
3.Electric Co.
4.Crumbs

That would be intense

I have seen both COBL and LAPOE as the opener (both pretty cool) but hearing Vertigo on that boot has got me sold...

It's the perfect opener...

I like both COBL and LAPOE later in the first set, both can be great in bringing back the energy level after the MD SOMETIMES duo...

COBL could work perfectly as the first song in the first encore I believe also (all the confetti coming out of the roof is a cool addition too when your on the floor)

Totally agree with you jrjunior31 about Elevation.
It would be very cool to see Crumbs replace it.

On Popmart I liked it when Gone got played very early in the set ,
compared to it`s place on the first few Popmart shows.
That`s why I think Crumbs could work also early in the set now.
( where oh where is Gone , I thought it would get played:( )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s.Yeah I was at that Amsterdam show , great way to open indeed.
( I was infact at all 3 Amsterdam shows but the last night was sooo cool with Horses and when MS got played for the first time this tour )

Last edited:
Oohhh forgot ,

I liked it when the band tried COBL almost at the end of the show.
Anaheim 04-01-05

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Wow, great show to be at Mauwer (excellent set)...
I'm jealous you got to see OOTS, I would have killed to see that 1.. By the way what is the capacity of that venue?

It's funny you mention ANA 04/01, I was at the show (had GA's and by chance they were band tix so we got the shorter line) I wound up 2nd row from the rail...

This was the first night they tried LAPOE as the opener... Bono came right out to the catwalk directly in front of our spot as he went into "lay down... lay down"... It was truly overwhelming... We were going crazy... I was in SD for the 1st two shows with COBL as the opener, this was a real surprise...

The set that night was a complete change with the war trio right at the top (Bullet was tremendous - Edge plays that "Claptonesque" bit to a tee in the middle). And there was really no encore it was more like two sets...

As you did, I also enjoyed COBL in the late part of that show (incidentally there was a malfunction with the confetti and it didnt come down right away, Edge was also having some equipment issues, as he did on SBS earlier - you can notice a very drawn out intro if you hear the bootleg, but it was unreal once he got it kicked in. Edge produces such a beautiful sound on the live cuts of COBL...

In terms of quality of recording ANA 1 is one of the top 1st leg gigs, I have the torrent but its funny (dare I say) even the MP3 version sounded great...Of course considering it was only their 3rd show there maybe a couple later dates that would be more sought after.. I know PHO 04/15 and SEA 04/25 are considered 2 of the best, while CHI 05/12 I think is the best set I've seen (1st Leg)

Great site this is: I bring up Amsterdam, you were there, and you randomly refer to one of the US shows I was at...

Let me know if you're interested in any of those early boots. Are you on U2Torrents?

The Capacity that night was round 30.000.

I got the Anaheim show , super and great setlist indeed.
Really liked the whole up-side down feel to it.

I still have to sign up for U2Torrents though.

Amsterdam III was super , OOTS was indeed soooo cool.
Feel very fortunate to have been at the show.
( All 3 Amsterdam shows actually )

Cheers and thanks ,

Mauwer

Hmm, 30K not too bad, thought the eorpean venues were bigger, are they all mostly outdoor shows?

Do you have many other vertigo boots? if so which one do you think is best considering both setlist and quality. Or, you mentioned the Popmart tour, do you have a favorite show, I don't have any of those...

I noticed at Amster III at the end of OOTS Bono says something to the effect of "that's the first time we've played that properly"

Funny how that song is only in spot rotation (considering how beautiful it is). Perhaps they don't have as much confidence in performing OOTS since they hardly ever play it...

I'm sure you saw Axver's post regarding the Boston show... Man those fans missed out on what would have been maybe the best closer of the tour : ABOY OOTS BAD was scheduled, instead they got ABOY "40" .... that's a brutal trade off there

Yeah that`s indeed a brutal trade of the Boston encores.

I still am very happy to have seen OOTS live ( full band ).
Maybe that`s why Bono said that they played it for the 1st time properly because it was full-band.
Plus the fact that the tech-guy played keys , so Edge could play his cool guitar parts.

On the Vertigo boots , I liked Anaheim , Amsterdam III:wink: and London ( radio-feed ).
You should check out for the radio-London-feed , I bet that`s on U2Torrents?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Nice thing to know is that the Amsterdam shows were played in an outdoor stadium but the roof was closed all 3 nights.
And it was a zillion degrees outside and two zillion degrees inside.
I never have seen Bono drink so much water haha!

Yes, Oots is good with only piano, but I enjoy it much better with Edge on guitar... I guess we could say that about most of their songs though... Edge is so amazing that when you strip down their songs they lose a little bit... The more I listen to Amsterdam III the more I like it, i thought the part in the middle of SBS was interesting and really different (only heard it once though)...As I said I haven't heard a better opening to a show either...

I'll look for the London show... if u had GA tix in that kind of heat you would have had some problems.. cool tidbits thx (incidentally ANA 1 and Amsterdam III are my two favorites also) I've just gotten CHI 05/12 which has a great set and excellent sound --nice and bassy, which can be rare -- only problem is this like 300 pound moron screaming "I love you Bono" during the down times, what a retard... I hope it doesn't completely ruin the whole tape for me

That`s bad my Friend about the Guy screaming on the Chicago tape.

Yeah I had GA tickets for Amstyerdam II and III (damn what was night III warm haha)
First night I had seats at the side , still , could see everything perfect.

Vertigo on Amsterdam III was indeed:drool:
You could tell this was going to be THE night of all 3 Amsterdam shows.
Vertigo , Follow and Elec. Co got the whole GA jumping like mad folks.
And Horses was:drool:
Also the whole crowd was guessing after Bullet what Edge was playing.
( some of us thought the keys were malfunctioning or something haha )
But when Bono started signing , the crowd couldn`t believe what was happening , wow it was Miss S.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Also great was RTS at night I or II with A.Grace attached.

Back
Top Bottom