Guess the Hawaii Setlist!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Group Wants to Turn U2 Concert 'Red'

Honolulu Advertiser, November 30, 2006

Catherine E. Toth

A group of friends and dedicated U2 fans are teaming up to turn Aloha Stadium (RED) for the band's Dec. 9 concert.

(RED) is a brand created to raise awareness and money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa. Gap, Motorola and Apple are participating in the effort, donating a portion of the sale of its (RED) items to the charity.

Organizers are encouraging concert-goers through blogs to wear anything red that night in support of the campaign created by U2 frontman Bono.

U2 will end its Vertigo tour on O'ahu. Pearl Jam and Rocko and the Devils will open the show, which starts at 7:30 p.m.

For more information visit www.geocities.com/onehonolulu or www.joinred.com.

(c) Honolulu Advertiser, 2006.

Hummm let's see

01. City of blinding lights
02. Vertigo
03. I will follow
04. Elevation
05. New Year's day
06. Beautiful day
07. I still haven't found what I'm looking for
08. All I want is you
09. Window in the skies
10. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
11. Yahweh
12. Love and peace or else
13. Sunday bloody Sunday
14. Bullet the blue sky
15. Miss Sarajevo
16. Pride
17. Where the streets have no name
18. One

19. Zoo station
20. The fly (with Eddie Veeder)
21. Mysterious ways
22. With or without you

23. A sort of homecoming (with Pearl Jam)
24. Bad
25. '40'

Why not just predict the amazing debut of Bass Trap? That's looking about as likely as these bizarre ASOH predictions that seem to just keep coming.

Bass Trap, huh? :hmm: That's such a beautiful song...

I don't foresee Yahweh making a comeback or OOTS. Or ABOY either, not that anyone has predicted it...

I don't think there's any chance they'll play OOTS and WITS in the same show. They're too similar.

I can see OOTS coming back, as the band soundchecked it in Melbourne.

A Sort Of Homecoming would be wonderful! And I think it has as good of a shot as any to make a Vertigo debut.

Last edited:
Yes, because U2 always debut songs at THEIR LAST CONCERT FOR AT LEAST A YEAR.

ASOH will happen as soon as Edge grows hair and Adam's 'fro comes back.

Axver said:

:giggle: True, tour closing setlists are always awful, but I don't know...I have a feeling about this one. :wink: (not saying I'll be right, but...)

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

:giggle: True, tour closing setlists are always awful, but I don't know...I have a feeling about this one. :wink:

You've been wrong quite often as of late as well, so we shall see.

Let's see: U2 have never debuted a song at their last tour gig before, there's no reason to believe they'll start now, they haven't rehearsed ASOH whatsoever lately, there's no logical reason why it would be played in Hawaii, and if they'll ever do it again it's likely to happen in Dublin.

If you've got a feeling, put your money where your mouth is. I have US$7 (seriously, it's in the drawer beside me) that says ASOH won't be played.

At least all of my suggestions lately have been plausible and based in reality. ASOH's basis is pure fantasy and is as absurd as predicting the glorious debut of Bass Trap.

Axver said:

Let's see: U2 have never debuted a song at their last tour gig before, there's no reason to believe they'll start now, they haven't rehearsed ASOH whatsoever lately, there's no logical reason why it would be played in Hawaii, and if they'll ever do it again it's likely to happen in Dublin.

If you've got a feeling, put your money where your mouth is. I have US$7 (seriously, it's in the drawer beside me) that says ASOH won't be played.

At least all of my suggestions lately have been plausible and based in reality. ASOH's basis is pure fantasy and is as absurd as predicting the glorious debut of Bass Trap.

Dude, you're missing something here; I never said it was logical. :lol:

I don't still don't see what's so shocking about ASOH getting played. It isn't like it hasn't been played in 20 years. :huh:

I still wouldn't bet my hard-earned :rolleyes: cash on it. :drool:

If you simply must bet, I'll bet an embarrassing avatar change that One Tree Hill WON'T be played. :wink:

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Dude, you're missing something here; I never said it was logical. :lol:

I don't still don't see what's so shocking about ASOH getting played. It isn't like it hasn't been played in 20 years. :huh:

I still wouldn't bet my hard-earned :rolleyes: cash on it. :drool:

If you simply must bet, I'll bet an embarrassing avatar change that One Tree Hill WON'T be played. :wink:

Damn, why is it that whenever I am willing to bet money, no-one will ever bet with me? :wink:

ASOH has only been played twice in the last nineteen years. Once was in Dublin for a very special occasion (Slane), and was such a disaster that the band dumped the song immediately. The second was when a fan was pulled on stage and he began playing the song and the band went along with him - in a rather ramshackle way! So I feel suggesting that it will show up is as implausible as suggesting Hawkmoon 269, Do You Feel Loved, or Wire are about to make a comeback, and because the suggestion is for the very last show and U2 never debut songs at the last show of a tour, it rreaches Bass Trap heights of improbability.

Axver said:

After looking at that picture on your site, maybe you could stand on stage with a bass pretending to play, and Adam could hide behind Edge's magic machine and play ASOH.

I and I in the said:

After looking at that picture on your site, maybe you could stand on stage with a bass pretending to play, and Adam could hide behind Edge's magic machine and play ASOH.

:lmao:

01. COBL
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. I Will Follow
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found
08. Angel of Harlem
09. One Tree Hill
10. Sometimes
11. Love and Peace
12. Sunday
13. Bullet
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride
16. Streets
17. One

18. Until the End of the World
19. The Fly
20. Mysterious Ways
21. With or without you

22. Saints Are Coming (with Eddie Vedder)
23. Rockin' In the Free World (with Eddie Vedder)
24. Bad - 40

COBL
Veritgo
Elevation
Electric Co.
New Years Day
Still Havent Found
Beautiful Day
Window in the Skies
The First Time
Angel Of Harlem
Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
SBS
BTBS
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
WOWY

I Will Follow
Saints Are Coming
One Tree Hill

Vertigo

Axver said:

Or when someone comes up from the audience and plays it on guitar in Oakland...glad I was there for that special night. :wink:

PhoenixGNX said:

Or when someone comes up from the audience and plays it on guitar in Oakland...glad I was there for that special night. :wink:

I really wish more people would do that. OK, it's cool that some guy can get up there and strum Desire, but I think it's much more awesome (and hilarious) when they start playing something obscure like the ASOH dude in Oakland did.

Personally, if I were pulled up, I'd tell Bono I'm going to play Desire and then start playing something like 11 O'clock Tick Tock or Slow Dancing.

My Prediction:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Years Day
Still Havent Found
Beautiful Day
Window in the Skies
Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Desire
Bad (with Eddie Vedder)

+++++++

I don't really see any major shake-up for this last show other then the likely probability of Vedder joining in on an encore song. I think "Love and Peace or Else" might make a final appearance this show after it's absence as it was a prominant song for so long on the tour. In fact, it would be inspired if the band opened with it and followed with SBS and BTBS like they did on a few shows at the beginning of the tour.

Although I didn't include it, I'd say there's a small but fair chance Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World" with both bands could be an encore tune as it's a favorite of Pearl Jam and I could see both bands doing this tune as it's easy to learn.

T.B.

Last edited:
Update on my first, with snippets:

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Elevation / I Got You (snippet)
4. Until the End of the World
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In a Little While (snippet)
6. Beautiful Day
7. Walk On (acoustic)
8. One Tree Hill
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love and Peace or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet the Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name of Love)
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. One

17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
19. With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)

20. Rockin' in the Free World (with Eddie Vedder)
21. The Saints Are Coming (with Eddie Vedder)

22. The First Time
23. Yahweh
24. Bad / 40 (snippet)

They are definitely going to perform Vertigo x2 one way or another. It will either be immediately before or immediately after 40 (Im favoring the latter). This is the end of the VERTIGO tour. They like that ending and will likely choose it. Vertigo-40 may be interesting...Like the feedback from vertigo drifts into 40 feedback. IDK probably not likely but Vertigo x2 is.

Ok... New set idea.

COBL
Vertigo--(Pearl Jam song)
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
New Years Day
ISHFWILF
Beautiful Day
Window in the Skies
SYCMIOYO
Love and Peace
SBS
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One
(Rockin' in the Free World)

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
WOWY/Love Will Tear Us Apart/Shine Like Stars

Saints
Party Girl
Yahweh
Bad-40
(Rockin' in the Free World)

Vertigo

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. The First Time
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / La Vie En Rose (snippet)
11. Love And Peace Or Else
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
13. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One

Encores:
18. The Fly / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
19. Mysterious Ways
20. With Or Without You
21. Window In The Skies
22. The Saints Are Coming
23. Rockin' In The Free World
24. All I Want Is You

shazam.

I wish they had played Bad, Kite/One Tree Hill, and/or Until the End of the World, but this is still a great closing night.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses :drool:

i think window in the skies is cheesiest of all

oh caaaant you seeee what our love has done!! :cute::heart::cute:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom