Grandness of the Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
Europe is back to Stadium-only shows, Many of the big cities in North America have sold out multiple dates, the stage design & tour is said to be a lot more grander than the Elevation tour....

it was 8 years ago when the doom and gloom was surrounding the band and its future of playing live, and now the next year seems brighter than ever...

http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=14755

Bono: "I can’t imagine us playing live again. I don’t think we would be stupid enough to take this on again."

The band appear to have decided to stop touring only last week.

Asked if there was a danger that U2 would end up like several toothless dinosaur bands, splitting up and then playing lucrative reunion tours, Bono said: "We’ll go out in flames rather than do that."

can anyone believe that 8 years after that statement U2 has reached another peak in their careers? it really boggled my mind reading this-- if i was a fan back then i surely would have thought U2 was well on their way to retirement

Last edited:
bcrt2000 said:

Asked if there was a danger that U2 would end up like several toothless dinosaur bands, splitting up and then playing lucrative reunion tours, Bono said: "We’ll go out in flames rather than do that."

great quote... another reason why U2 is the greatest band out there :wink:

Re: Re: Grandness of the Vertigo Tour

korczykp said:

great quote... another reason why U2 is the greatest band out there :wink:

the funny thing is that U2 fans born in the 70's and earlier believe that U2 has already become the Rolling Stones of our generation... they are sooo out of touch though with the amount of success U2 has.. i was just talking a friend who is a JT-era U2 fan but thinks they are just trying to hard to attract teens now (he hasn't even listened to the new album) and he was absolutely shocked when i told him U2 sold out 6-7 shows in Boston, Chicago, NY and 4 shows in Toronto

his exact words are "have you ever heard of another band that could do that?"

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Grandness of the Vertigo Tour

bcrt2000 said:

the funny thing is that U2 fans born in the 70's and earlier believe that U2 has already become the Rolling Stones of our generation... they are sooo out of touch though with the amount of success U2 has.. i was just talking a friend who is a JT-era U2 fan but thinks they are just trying to hard to attract teens now (he hasn't even listened to the new album) and he was absolutely shocked when i told him U2 sold out 6-7 shows in Boston, Chicago, NY and 4 shows in Toronto

his exact words are "have you ever heard of another band that could do that?"

indeed... I don't think there are THAT many of those types of fans though, after all... the band's been around for almost 3 decades now, and they can still fill a setlist with their newest songs, and most fans will be thrilled by that... young and old

Re: Re: Re: Re: Grandness of the Vertigo Tour

korczykp said:

indeed... I don't think there are THAT many of those types of fans though, after all... the band's been around for almost 3 decades now, and they can still fill a setlist with their newest songs, and most fans will be thrilled by that... young and old

well i'm really talking about people i know from personal experience who have been to all of the tours in the last 15 years, etc

i didn't mean to stereotype :uhoh: :)

but the people i'm talking about don't even pay attention to what the band is doing even though they are EVERYWHERE!...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom