Gone and Stay for 3rd leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
a buddy of mine met bono a while back and he emails dallas (edge's guitar tech) everynow and then and dallas said that too look for Gone and Stay on the 3rd leg. that would be freaking awesome!!

Hopefull it'll be a full band version of Stay. Would love to see Gone back and as an encore song.

Encore 1:
Zoo Station
Gone
The Fly

earthshell said:
a buddy of mine met bono a while back and he emails dallas (edge's guitar tech) everynow and then and dallas said that too look for Gone and Stay on the 3rd leg. that would be freaking awesome!!

:hyper:

If they could manage to fit Gone, Crumbs, Electric Co, & The Fly in the same set, it would be very memorable.

Rock out with your cock out!

MrBrau1 said:
If they could manage to fit Gone, Crumbs, Electric Co, & The Fly in the same set, it would be very memorable.

:yes:

Zoopop, I prefer this encore:
Zoo Station
Gone
Until The End Of The World
With Or Without You

hmmm maybe WOWY wont quite work after UTEOTW.

Zoo Station -> Gone -> Even Better Than The Real Thing :hmm:

:hmm: Is this the same source that reported to us before the tour that the band was rehearsing Exit and Ultraviolet? Someone claimed something very similiar third hand from Dallas just like this back then, obviously turned out to be complete BS. Not saying thats the case here, but I will be VERY skeptical until the band is heard working on those songs in soundcheck, or they are actually played.

Blue Room said:
:hmm: Is this the same source that reported to us before the tour that the band was rehearsing Exit and Ultraviolet? Someone claimed something very similiar third hand from Dallas just like this back then, obviously turned out to be complete BS. Not saying thats the case here, but I will be VERY skeptical until the band is heard working on those songs in soundcheck, or they are actually played.

You have a point, but Gone and Stay aren't very out there, I would actually be more surprised if they WEREN'T played this tour.

I refuse to believe that U2 will completely ignore two albums.

AtomicBono said:

You have a point, but Gone and Stay aren't very out there, I would actually be more surprised if they WEREN'T played this tour.

I refuse to believe that U2 will completely ignore two albums.

Oh, I wouldnt be surprised if Gone turned up at all. I'm questioning more the source for this information and that its being presented as a confirmed thing by that source. I'm skeptical of that. We can all hypothesize they may do either of those songs, it wouldnt be an enormous stretch if either were played as you indicate. But the band havent worked on them at all at this stage. I would have thought if they were going to do Stay they would have done it in Europe. As far as the band themselves (especially Bono) talking about playing songs to fans, take it with a HUGE grain of salt. Bono has been quoted as saying they would play ALOT of songs through the years to fans that have never materialized. I guess we will see though.

I think the song off POP that has the best chance of being done on this tour though is Please.

Blue Room said:

I think the song off POP that has the best chance of being done on this tour though is Please.

well I have no complaints about that :drool:

I'd rather see Please than Gone because
1) I saw Gone on Elevation
2) I think overall Please is more powerful live, especially the end

but I would sure love to see Gone too!! and Stay is always welcome, I appreciate that song so much more now than I did then though I've always loved it...

Keep in mind people are still waiting on Desire, EBTTRT, Walk On, Stuck etc...

All songs were know for a fact have been rehearsed by the band this tour.

u2fp

even better than the real thing was rehearsed?

bring on gone, bring on please, bring on anything from zooropa and pop.

Zoomerang96 said:
even better than the real thing was rehearsed?

Yep, it's even on a tuning sheet from a show about a month into the first leg. If nothing else, they've been seriously considering it.

Can anyone confirm if they rehearsed UltraViolet?

I attended 6 ZOOTV shows and must say as good as RTSS, UTEOTW, and all of the other highlights from that Tour.
This song kicked some serious butt. The lighting during this song was excellent (ultraviolet lights lit up stage and Aud.). On most if not all six shows, it was by far the best performed song of the night.

Has Stay ever been played full band?

The drums on the studio version are my favorite part and how it all meshes together

LemonMacPhisto said:

The drums on the studio version are my favorite part and how it all meshes together

Yes. Check out the Sydney show, they performed it as a full band. Very good rendition

I'd much rather see Gone than Stay but either one would be cool. I would also love to see Please. It was the highlight of Popmart and the stripped down versions on Elevation were fantastic!

Even though I love Gone and Stay I would rather they play something else. We already got great versions of those songs from the last tour. I prefer Electrical Storm and Two Hearts Beat As One, those would add more to the shows I think. :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Yes they have. on the zoomerang and european (Outdoor) legs of the ZOO TV tour. if you want boots of them, try dublin 28th August 1993. It might be on the Sidney VHS im not sure

Blue Room said:

It is very possible that they did rehearse Exit and Ultraviolet. Maybe they just didn't feel those songs were sounding right or fitting in with the show after a couple rehearsals. It's obvious they rehearsed a lot of songs we didn't think they would, due to the inclusion of Electric Co, An Cat Dubh, The Ocean, Gloria, Running to stand still, Zoo Station, 40, Wild Horses, Miss Sarajevo into the tour. Who knows what else they rehearsed?

I'm really hoping for Please, Stay, Walk On, Kite, Gone, Discotheque and EBTTRT to be added on the 3rd leg. I of course would like others, but those are my realistic choices.

Back
Top Bottom