Go back to The Fly from Elevation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
Listening to the show, the fly lost a spark to it. the elevation tour version rocked out much more. and the new words bono made up either on the spot or before the show just didnt go. still my favorite song though.

i also forgot Until the end of the world wasnt played, hopefully they will swing it in and out...

I love the Elevation performences of The Fly. But Edge is amazing the way it was done the other nite - so im happy with that. Now if Mr Bono could go back and read thru the AB booklet, and learn the damn words!!:mad:

:wink:

My favorite version of The Fly is from The Elevation Tour but I liked this one too. I hope they keep playing this way cause it can get better and I love when they change stuff like that. The riff at the beggining was cool and Larry was awesome!! It seems like Edge wants to add some more notes to the last solo of his but he doesn't for some reason, he should just go for it. Bono forgetting the words was annoying, hopefully he will memorize them as the tour goes on.

Yep, fix the intro, get the lyrics straight, but also the energy to actually sing them

Naaah. The sound of the new version is amazing. FIX the lyrics and it'll be perfect.

im with God Pt. III
the new edge guitars on the FLY are classic, Bono fucked it up with the lyrics and they didnt have enough umppph in it, if thats the right way to say it. Once he gets that ironed out, the new version is going to be the best yet.

I *LOVED* the Elevation Fly, but I'm all for its continued evolution.

And I thought the Fly was the coolest thing about the first show. Anything they can do to put emphasis on that awesome drum part is a good thing.

Oh, and I wish Bono would shut up while Edge is ripping out the coda. It's not as bad as when he yodels all over the climax of All I Want is You (what should be Edge's most amazing moment) but it's getting close. He does the same thing at the end of UTEOTW. Bono needs to learn when to get out of the way of his guitarist, or said guitarist should stick a pick in his eye.

Elevation version was a lot better, but the new one has some charming bits........here's hoping Bono actually remembers the words the next time it's played...

musically it's not even close, the new Vertigo version rocks the wholy ass out of the Elevation version. Of course Bono did his best to make people forget about the brilliant music.

In a month or two people won't even make this comparison.

I disagree this is the best version of The Fly yet no question about it. Edge sounds totally like a guitar god in it.

true, Yahweh. The whole show Edge is sounding like one, truly amazing. Electric Co, Love and Peace solo at the end, the Fly, zoo staition.....

i thought the fly sounded a bit dead last night not much emotion and to me bono sang it a bit lazy and did not give it the full rock treatment the song deserves

Back
Top Bottom