Gloria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
It seems that almost everyone here believes that Gloria WILL be played...

WHY?...

Because I really don't think so

I dont think so either. Im sure it was on here somewhere that I read that Bono doesnt like the lyrics anymore or something? So if that's the case, id say it was unlikely to make a comeback. That and the fact that Bono couldnt cope with the Chorus.

He said the lyrics were very naive...

I think if anything, we could see a snippet of October somewhere, since it's conveniently snippet-length

I thought Bono said that he simply didn't like the studio recording because he felt he sounded like a girl.

Probably the main reason people feel Gloria will return is because it was played for all of the eighties, it's a fan favourite, and if they wish to represent each album, the only other choice from October is the title track.

I keep hoping Gloria will come back but I don't believe it will. I'd love to see October return to its rightful position before New Year's Day, though.

I don't know, October is good before NYD... but Last Night on Earth/Until the End of the World/New Year's Day is pretty lethal

UnforgettableLemon said:
I don't know, October is good before NYD... but Last Night on Earth/Until the End of the World/New Year's Day is pretty lethal

That's true. However, I think they may move away from UTEOTW --> NYD as they have been doing that for the best part of a decade. That probably means they won't bring back October before NYD either, but hopefully it will mean another great transition ...

I'd like to think Gloria could be a little revamped. I heard a cover of it by a Christian band called Audio Adrenaline that made the song sound very classic rock and I think if U2 did that it would fit in well between songs like Desire and All Because Of You. (ps, you should check out the AA version)

Back
Top Bottom