Full Orchestra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Remember how they used the full orchestra for OOTS?

Wouldn't it be sweet if they had a travelling orchestra accompany them on tour to do that for OOTS at every show. Then, they could stay on stage and play the Jools Holland version of If You wear that Velvet Dress!!!!

How sweet would that be??

Oh, and then they could follow that with Two Shots of Happy and One Shot of Sad!!!!!!

Holy Cow that would be amazing. It would be like the BB King part of Lovetown, this would be the orchestra part of Vertigo.

Encore Break - Full Orchestra sets up

OOTS
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
If You Wear that Velvet Dress - Orchestra leaves
40 (or some other good closer)

:drool:

they could at least do it in Vegas, it would fit in perfect there

I have thought about this for a long time. It could be really, really cool if U2 would bring in some more musicians in general. Not just on the tours (I would loooove to seem them travel around with a full orchestra :drool:) but also on the records. Their orchestration/instrumentation has always been a bit static, it would be nice to see them do what, for instance, the Beatles did - experimenting with new instruments they haven't used before :drool: Actually, I had kinda hoped that the next time they were going to experiment, this was the sort of thing they would do.

Last edited:
:drool:

Yes, I'll take that orchestra!

Original Of The Species
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
All I Want Is You
Bad/40

Oooooohhh yeah! :drool:

This version of Velvet Dress is so badass I can't even think straight when I hear it. :drool: I don't care for the album version at all. If you don't have this version, get it! :wink:

It would be amazing live.

The Unforgettable Fire
Kite
Original Of The Species
All I Want Is You

I want to hear it now! :drool:

Axver said:
The Unforgettable Fire
Kite
Original Of The Species
All I Want Is You

I want to hear it now! :drool:

You need to add Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses :drool: The only one on the Royal Philharmonic album that really works :drool:

Queen Bee said:

Yes it would :mad:

No! No! No! Those horses would save the show :mad: :angry: :mad:

Right in the middle of the song 50 wild horses would be running across the stage :drool:

the only horses you need are the ones at the end of dirty day!

"The days, days, days
Run away like horses over the hill" :rockon:

full orchestra dirty day :drool:

Hey that's an idea. Dirty Day full orchestra then when the "Run away like horses over the hill line" is sung, 40-50 wild horses run across the stage while U2 transcends into WGRYWH full orchestra :drool:

Guys, we'll have to take this into our own hands if U2 don't incorporate a traveling orchestra to the third leg. I say we form our own orchestra and raid the stage every night during the encore breaks. I can play the violin so I'll take charge of the violin section. We need some violists and cellists to fill up the rest of string section and possibly some percussion players to really take this plan off the ground. Now to plan how we'll sneak in our instruments past security :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom