Full band rehearsal of One tree hill !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As we know OTH was written after Bonos ex-kiwi personal assistant who died in a motorcycle accident. That is why they will sing it in kiwiland.

OTH didn't get a guernsey in the concert.

Nonetheless, it was an amazing show and it finally realised a dream of mine to see U2 live. :)

And yes, there was a large boom mounted camera hovering at the front of the stage.

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

PLEASE!!!! Please god can someone record the NZ show?

I cannot believe they rehearsed the song in its entirety. I simply cannot believe it. I love this song more than anything, to hear it live, well

you guys are very very lucky indeed.

Please record and post - it would mean the world to me.

We all hope they play it. But stating the obvious... U2 playing in NZ does not mean you have rock solid guarantee of them playing it. They never did a full version of it back in 1993. Playing devils advocate: U2 have a song with a clear connection to Australia. Van Diemen's Land. Other than the Love Town tour where that song was a regular everywhere they've never played this song specially for Australia. Fingers and toes crossed for OTH in NZ though.

AndrewCowley said:
We all hope they play it. But stating the obvious... U2 playing in NZ does not mean you have rock solid guarantee of them playing it. They never did a full version of it back in 1993. Playing devils advocate: U2 have a song with a clear connection to Australia. Van Diemen's Land. Other than the Love Town tour where that song was a regular everywhere they've never played this song specially for Australia. Fingers and toes crossed for OTH in NZ though.

Difference is back on the Lovetown tour Bono had indicated they would always play One Tree Hill when they play New Zealand because of Greg Carroll. I think its about 100% its going to be done in some form. Snippet, acoustic and/or full band. The fact that they rehearsed the full band version means they are at least considering playing it that way. Doesnt mean they play it that way at a show. But clearly its an indicator that the song is on their mind for NZ.

AndrewCowley said:

Yeah, but anything other than a snippet of OTH didn't fit into Zoo TV.

AndrewCowley said:

Snippeting their own songs is lame. Play the damn songs properly!

Amen.

And I can see One Tree Hill perfectly fitting into a ZooTV setlist, after Streets, ditching Pride.

Back
Top Bottom