Finally I have come to terms with the Boy songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I'm now officially a "flip-flopper." I used to rag on here about the excessive amount of Boy songs they have played on this tour. However, I had a revelation as I watched Rockpalast 1981 all over again, and decided it's all good.

Go ahead and play

Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
The Ocean
I Will Follow
Out Of Control

And what have we.

Some of the best guitar work was done on the first few albums. Not Larry, Adam, or Bono's best work, but Edge had a way with gemming it all together.

I'm glad you have become comfortable with the Boy tunes. And you're right, Adam and Larry had better days ahead, but Edge was already off and running.

Stories For Boys!

Even when I was a teen in the 80s I loved the Boy songs. They had such a mournful, atmospheric flavor. What a unique album. I'm beyond happy that I've actually seen some of the great ones live over the years, especially this time around.:wink:

How can somebody claim to be a U2 fan and not like the Boy album is beyond me. Sometimes I wish U2 stayed as a relatively unknown alternative band, so they wouldnt have so many yahoos that jumped on the U2 bandwagon.

Its not that i never liked Boy, but i hadnt listened to it nearly as much as the albums from War and forward. I didnt even know all the songs if i heard them. But lately i have been on a tear. its like a new cd came out and i cant drop it. I love Boy! electric co. is quickly becoming one of my top 3 U2 songs, even to play on guitar.
after seeing them in denver, Electric Co. may be one of their best live songs....An Cat Dubh was greta live as well.

Last edited:
boy is ok. the black cat and into the heart, although nice....
can easily be dropped for better older songs....

gloria.....
fire.......
october.....
tomorrow.....
drowning man......
like a song.....

please.

Back
Top Bottom