Favorite version of Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Performance of Streets

• Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum as the opening song

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • ZooTV

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Popmart

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Elevation

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Vertigo

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
Popmart. Please into Streets is just amazing. Tho I do love seeing it on Rattle & Hum, and the Boston Elevaton is probably my fave Streets of all time.

JT/R&H...

Bono's vocals were soaring and godly... the song was just a great break out opener, really powerful, when the band came together.

This was really hard. The Zoo TV transition from the "heart of darkness" set into Streets is breathtaking and so amazing, but lately I've really been into the Elevation version, with the great transitions (All I Want is You and/or 40).

Geez, I voted for Elevation, but after typing the Zoo TV stuff, I think I want to change my vote. :wink:

OK, I can see the reply to my first comment coming, so ...

Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum as the opening song

If this is meant to cover Lovetown, it doesn't do a very good job. Streets was played at 46 out of 47 Lovetown shows, but opened just 24 of them. Lovetown Streets is my favourite and my three favourite performances were either fifth or seventh in the setlist. As my favourite version was not the opener and was on a tour only alluded to but not named, I don't really think the poll leaves me much room to vote.

Also, on The Joshua Tree Tour, although Streets, when used, normally opened the show, there were some instances when it didn't.

Elevation had great transitions and that great Bono scream+run intro (but it sinks a bit later on IMO), and JT/Lovetown/Zoo TV had more energy, and Vertigo version "got home" with the Africa theme (bit more oomph due to better Bono voice than Elevation) but overall Popmart.

I like the "technofied" version, and the extended ending.

I love having it open on the Joshua Tree tour, brilliant opener. But then again, Bad->40->Streets is awesome (though Bad sounds terrible here IMO) on Elevation, with a great segue into it. ZooTV is amazing, I love RTSS->Streets, they seem to fit perfectly. Then again, Vertigo is the only one I've ever seen live, and Bono sounds better than he has in years. And I've never seen PopMart Streets (BTW, could anyone YSI it for me please?)

I think I'll have to go with ZooTV, the end of RTSS with the harmonica and Bono walking back to the main stage, then the lights fading out, the almost shuddering sound of the end of RTSS turning into the organ at the start of Streets, andn then the red screens... :drool:

Joshua Tree, it was a fresh new song and Bono's vocals were there. Honestly I dont think there was alot of difference between the Joshua Tree version and the Lovetown version. Musically they played them pretty much the same. :shrug:

A very close 2nd place for me was the Popmart version. Please into Streets, best transition of the song they have done IMO. And the "Born Slippy" guitar outro with Playboy Mansion lyricis was great as well.

I love the Joshua Tree Tour version. I like the way Bono phrased some of the lyrics back then. It hasn't sounded quite the same since although the Elevation version was close.

this is just the best live song there is, no question about it!
I will pay just ticketprice to hear this song live!:dancing: :applaud:
Iam allways, with every tour going mat, when the intro starts best ever!

Hands down ZooTV.

The Bullet / Running to Stand Still / Streets (was that the order?)

With the helicopter sounds in the background, Bono out there on the B with the black vest and hat on with his headset mic - actually I do not think they have done something that badass since then...

Love Town version all the way indeed.
I saw two Lovetown shows , Amsterdam `89 and Rotterdam 01-10-90 and both nights the roof got blown of with Streets.
( yeah...even in Amsterdam when Bono`s voice was gone that night )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Runner-up though is the Zoo-TV version of Streets , like the way Bono waves at the screens and says..hey I remember you!
Oh....I also really liked the extended Popmart ending.

The transition into Streets was alot better on Elevation than it has been on Vertigo but I'm really diggin' Bono's voice on the Vertigo version. I don't know what he's singing at the begining but it's a nice touch. The big scream from the elevation tour was cool too though. Pop's version wasn't as good as either of these in my opinion, though it was a cool version as well. Unfortunately I have never heard the Zoo TV or Lovetown version:(

Streets is the ultimate loive song so no mater what tour it is though it'll alwys be the highlight for me. best live song ever by any band in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom