Favorite song that never gets played...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to see twilight
acrobat
stay
another time another place
love is blindness
one tree hill
they did "acrobat" on the zoo tour in philly along with 'love is blindness"..forgettabout it that's as good as it gets....i saw stay on the pop tour ..."one tree hill" at the unfogettable fire tour in '85 it was very refreshing to see them play "electic co." last night and an cat dub into the heart...alot of the post achtung crowd didn't have a clue.. but i was freakin"

Acrobat was only played at the Hershey rehearsals, never on tour.

Stay was not played on PopMart.

One Tree Hill was released on the Joshua Tree in '87. 2 years AFTER the Unforgettable Fire tour. It was also written about Greg Carrol, who died in '86.

88sundays, pass the dutchie.

Surrender
Seconds
A Day Without Me
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
etc
Well, I did hear some of those on the UF tour...

"Never" as in I haven't heard them or haven't heard them in over 10 years (ok, well 1997 seems like it should be over 10 years)

In no particular order:
Ultraviolet.
If You Wear That Velvet Dress.
Do You Feel Loved.
The Ground Beneath Her Feet (a special exception, because 2001, in this case, seems like way too long ago).
Red Hill Mining Town. (If they play it after Running to Stand Still and Bad I will seriously break into tears)
Twilight.
Out of Control.
MLK.
Indian Summer Sky.
Scarlet.
Fast Cars.
Wild Honey.

Ok, I was totally kidding about that last one. Heh Heh. :wink: But I'll take whatever I can get and won't complain damnit.

MY BAD Palace Hero:
not pass the dutchie BUT pass the PORT tawny..makes you fuzzy after a show and the buzz is quicker than sam adams without the frequent trips to the lav....

after much debate with the rest of my 40 + crew we have come to the conclusion that
1."love is blindness was the last song on the ZOO tour at the Vet in '92 when they walked off one by one?
i think i was thinking of "red hill mining town" but who knows and got the tours from 85' and '87 confused?the last tweny years have been a blur..
2.the unforgettable fire tour was at the spectrum april 20 th '85
one tree hill was NEVER played on tour? joshua tree tour of sept '87 at JFK maybe..Oh and yes "exit" was fabulous that night.. bruce came out and did stand by me w/bono
stay was on "elevation tour?perhaps ?we are trying to figure out when we heard that
and are you sure about "acrobat" at the vet on the zoo tour in 92/ i mean it probably wasn't but i believe you....there was a guy in the pit at the pop mart tour about a couple rows from the stage at the univ. of penn stadium that night with a giant sign that read" Please play "ACROBAT"he held it the entire time..what a fan..was that aug'97?? anyway..what did you think of that show?i hated that album..but the show was pretty wild..it hurt me a little seeing them in that disco ball lemon but i know it was a spoof..thanks for stirring such good memories did you see the unfogettable fire show at the spectrum? What did you think of this last show..i thought the show was intense but the set was a little weird..

First point, not sure if you mean the show in Charlotte, at the Veteran's Memorial Stadium, or in Philly. Either way both shows closed with Love is Blindness, yes.

Red Hill Mining Town, like Acrobat has NEVER been played. Ever. Not live. And if it were to have been played it would have been in '87 on the Joshua Tree tour as it was realeased on that album, like I say two years after the Unforgettable Fire tour.

One Tree Hill has been played 38 times live, so you might have heard that if you were at any Joshua Tree or LoveTown gigs, or perhaps when it was played twice in New Zealand on the Zoo tour in '93. Doubt that though.

But it wasn't played the night you mention, at JFK, September 25 1987. You remember Exit correctly though. :)

Stay was played acoustically on Elevation. And full band ZooTV 3rd & 4th legs.

Buddy, like I say before, it is a well known fact that Acrobat was never played live, only in rehearsal. And those versions were shadows of the album version, really slowed down.

And the only show I've been to is PopMart Perth (Australia, 17/2/98). I remember it as being a great show. I personaly love the album too.

UF at the Spectrum? 24th April 1985?

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
Seconds
Two Hearts Beat As One
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Wire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Cry
The Electric Co.
A Sort Of Homecoming
Bad
October
New Year's Day
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
Party Girl
Gloria

Looks pretty basic to me, lacks a bit in Boy and October tracks..

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses!

Originally posted by broken toy

1. One Tree Hill
2. Hawkmoon 269
3. Acrobat
4. Two Hearts Beat As One
5. A Celebration
6. Like A Song
7. Red Hill Mining Town
8. The First Time
9. Mothers of the Disappeared
10. So Cruel

I might throw Dirty Day in there, but it was "only" 12 years ago or so that it was performed!

Mothers was played on the pop tour i think

Back
Top Bottom