Fast Cars as the opener song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This afternoon, at a very boring Linguistic class, I got myself with a though that at that time, I found genial...

What if, in the place of Vertigo, LAPOE, ABOY (as many have suggested), the concerts starts with... Fast Cars? Has anyone already though about this?

I started to think that this song with a more raw and intense instrumental (not with that Spanish or Arabic or Gispy influences of the version we all know), something closer to its "predecessor" Xanax and Wine.

What do you think guys? I'd like to know if you find it great as I did, or if this post just sucks...:wink:

first, I have to laugh at "very boring linguistics class." the ones I took were the WORST of my academic life. Hang in there. I would LOVE to hear Fast Cars as an opener and have discussed this in other threads. I think Axver had a pretty good description of how it would work, but it's probably buried deep in the thread rubble by now :) Anyway, awesome idea :up:

I would love to hear Fast Cars at any point in the show, but I really doubt it will happen :|

I just loooove Fast Cars. :drool: The melody, the lyrics, the guitar, banjo...and Bono sings like he's on an upper or something. :lol:

I doubt it'll be an opener, but I have a feeling it'll make to the setlist. I can imagine them doing the acoustic version, though I prefer the one on the album.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:
They've rehearsed it in Mexico, I'd bet it gets played once or twice.

But we don't know if those reports are factual ...

my guess is no, Fast Cars will not be played.......at least that's what my sources are telling me......and by sources, I mean the voices in my head.

Get real, they aren't even going to play Fast Cars.

And I thought Linguistics was sort of interesting. And our TA was beautiful.

Numb1075 said:
my guess is no, Fast Cars will not be played.......at least that's what my sources are telling me......and by sources, I mean the voices in my head.
:lol: you always crack me up.

based on the news from Vancouver (if it is correct) seems like a no-go. I don't see Mercy, either :sad:

Fast Cars might just make an appearance - but I'd give it much better chances in Europe where it was released, not here in the US.

I mean, it does, after all, contain the album's namesake.

I though in Fast Cars because since the ZooTV, U2 has always been opening with something that we're not expecting in the first nights. I think that nobody would have guessed that in Popmart, a remixed MoFo would be the opener...
As I said, it was just something that I was thinking about, and I didn't take it seriously. That's I created this thread to know what you think.
In the current rehearsals, Fast Cars has been massively played, that's why it came into my head. However, if you want to know, I'd like to see LAPOE as the opener, but any song goes right and I'll enjoy it.

By the way, it is not LinguistiCS but LinguistiC, it is quite different. And I really like that (I'm a student of Literature/Culture/Communication/Linguistic - it is a mix of these things), but I quite prefere Linguistic and Culture classes.
That class was boring because my teacher invited a Master teacher of my University in Linguistic to talk about the evolution from the Indo-European to the current languages, and he treated the subject in a way that many students did not understand. He made absurd (to our level of knowledge) comparisions from the Portuguese to other languages... Do you want to change with me, Deltau:wink:
C ya

Aygo said:
I though in Fast Cars because since the ZooTV, U2 has always been opening with something that we're not expecting in the first nights. I think that nobody would have guessed that in Popmart, a remixed MoFo would be the opener...
As I said, it was just something that I was thinking about, and I didn't take it seriously. That's I created this thread to know what you think.
In the current rehearsals, Fast Cars has been massively played, that's why it came into my head. However, if you want to know, I'd like to see LAPOE as the opener, but any song goes right and I'll enjoy it.

since ZooTV? Elevation was a pretty predictable opener for the "elevation" tour, no?

Fast Cars is more of a novelty track.........I liked it the first listen or two, then it just kind of went bleh.....Xanax and Wine is far better and should've even been on the album.........so yeah, I've got beef with "cars" and we definitely won't be seeing it on the US leg....

Back
Top Bottom