Fast Cars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Haven't been able to browse through all of your setlists, but whaddya think? In or out? Any chance it could be the opening song?

Opening? Haha, not in a million years.

Likely? Reason and common sense tell me no. Past pattern tells me yes.

Bonus track - Performance
Holy Joe (Japan Pop bonus) - Once, at the Popmart Tour announcement.
The Ground Beneath Her Feet (Australia/Japan/UK ATYCLB bonus) - Over thirty times, mainly on the Elevation Tour.

That's not much of a pattern, but it still says Fast Cars will be played.

I, however, expect it to never be performed. I hope I am wrong.

I think it will be opener for the shows... just not live by full band... just some crazy remix... like: zooropa-bethoven, popmuzik... elevation-influx...
Something like that... played while the band is coming on the stage...

bathiu said:
I think it will be opener for the shows... just not live by full band... just some crazy remix... like: zooropa-bethoven, popmuzik... elevation-influx...
Something like that... played while the band is coming on the stage...

I'd love to hear it played, and I'm tired of everyone dismissing it as too "pop." I think it's awesome.

Btw, Axver--love reading your posts :) you're like the U2 discography/live show biographer and archivist (were there to be such a thing). It's like having my own U2 facts on file :D

I love it but it would never open. I would be shocked if it is played at all....

ruffian said:

I'd love to hear it played, and I'm tired of everyone dismissing it as too "pop." I think it's awesome.

People dismiss it as too pop? I haven't heard that one! I must say I like bathiu's idea of using it as a taped intro. I think the following would be really cool:

Fast Cars: really messed up mix, ending with "don't you worry about your mind"
segues into
LAPOE: distorted intro
band take the stage
LAPOE : show opener

That'd blow my mind.

Btw, Axver--love reading your posts :) you're like the U2 discography/live show biographer and archivist (were there to be such a thing). It's like having my own U2 facts on file :D

Thank you! :) Must give credit to the various setlist websites out there - I spent so much time reading them that the knowledge has become committed to memory.

I really like the idea of Fast Cars piping in speakers as they take the stage and then rip into LPoE. Nice work folks ! never even thought of that.

Numb1075 said:
I really like the idea of Fast Cars piping in speakers as they take the stage and then rip into LPoE. Nice work folks ! never even thought of that.
that would sooooo ROCK! brilliant friggin' idea...

Axver said:
I must say I like bathiu's idea of using it as a taped intro. I think the following would be really cool:

Fast Cars: really messed up mix, ending with "don't you worry about your mind"
segues into
LAPOE: distorted intro
band take the stage
LAPOE : show opener

That'd blow my mind.

:drool: :yes: :up: :rockon:
...or in other words "I agree". :)

TheBrazilianFly said:
I think there's a chance of Bono and Edge to play an acoustic version of Fast Cars.

don't know that i would like the acoustic version...the bass is so awesome in the song...

Back
Top Bottom