Even Better Than The Real Thing could have been done on this tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Bono can hit some high notes, but mainly I think Edge would sing some of the higher notes to help out Bono...

I wish they did Even Better... on the Vertigo tour, it would have been awesome...

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing

OR

Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

OR

Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways

Shouldnt this be in the setlist forum?

There are alot of songs that "could" have been done. But they werent and wont be done. Maybe next tour. Whats the point anyway? :shrug:

did they not try ebttrt on the elevation tour? and some people said it sounded dated?

KUEFC09U2 said:
did they not try ebttrt on the elevation tour? and some people said it sounded dated?

I wouldn't say dated so much as tired... I still maintain it's not a song that works in a small atmosphere, which Elevation undoubtedly was.

Blue Room said:

There are alot of songs that "could" have been done. But they werent and wont be done. Maybe next tour. Whats the point anyway? :shrug:

This is what I was thinking.

I don't really think they needed to play EBTTRT as they've already done half of Achtung.

Wow thank you.

I really needed a thread to tell me that EBTTRT COULD have been played on the Vertigo tour.

I would have said this, but that would have been just an un-educated guess.

Let us see what the next tour brings.

You know, they COULD have played J. Swallow too. I mean, it's not impossible to play, as the 1981 recording clearly proves.

In fact, they COULD have played a medley of Backstreet's Back / Ice Ice Baby / Pretty Fly For A White Guy.

But they didn't.

Blue Room said:

THIS IS THE SETLIST FORUM!!!

The Elevation tour was really stripped down, so EBTTRT might not have worked on the last tour.

this tour, it could have worked. and it would have, especially in the stadiums. its a great song.

Ultra Violet, Acrobat, Love is Blindness, Dirty Day and Exit COULD HAVE been played. And that would leave me the happiest fan in the world.

But, life's a bitch.

Blue Room said:

It's a shame this forum comes down to comments like this sometimes. No wonder I dont post much around here anymore. I thought this place was somewhere to discuss thoughts on U2 openly.

If the thread doesnt interest you, dont post in it. Nothing was said in the statement that was inflamitory, it was just a question.

I agree actually, I think Real Thing would have fitted perfectly into the Zoo encore in the stadium shows. Its more of a stadium thing than a indoor thing tho. It could have rotated with MW. Bono could have even swallowed the camera again!

bono_man said:

It's a shame this forum comes down to comments like this sometimes. No wonder I dont post much around here anymore. I thought this place was somewhere to discuss thoughts on U2 openly.

If the thread doesnt interest you, dont post in it. Nothing was said in the statement that was inflamitory, it was just a question.

I agree actually, I think Real Thing would have fitted perfectly into the Zoo encore in the stadium shows. Its more of a stadium thing than a indoor thing tho. It could have rotated with MW. Bono could have even swallowed the camera again!

Then skip my post as well! I dont get it when people have to post about other people posting. :huh:

Its a poorly worded thread and topic. Sorry, others seem to agree as well. How inane is it say a song COULD have been done? Any song COULD have been done. Thats what I was pointing out. That and the thread was originally posted in the wrong forum.

EDIT: to add to Boston2012, I guess you added your post within my quote so I didnt see it. :scratch: YES, this is the setlist forum. It was not here originally and was moved here because I pointed it out. But whatever.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

I dont get it when people have to post about other people posting. :huh:

Isnt that what you originally did?

What's wrong with discussing what songs would have gone well in the setlist? Do you reply like that every time somebody makes a suggestion? Of course any song COULD be done.

The point of this place is to discuss matter of U2. I really dont see the harm is saying 'Real Thing' could have been performed. It certainly didnt warrent such a reaction.

Oh and thanks for pointing out this thread was in the wrong place, we couldnt do without you in here.

bono_man said:

Isnt that what you originally did?

What's wrong with discussing what songs would have gone well in the setlist? Do you reply like that every time somebody makes a suggestion? Of course any song COULD be done.

The point of this place is to discuss matter of U2. I really dont see the harm is saying 'Real Thing' could have been performed. It certainly didnt warrent such a reaction.

Oh and thanks for pointing out this thread was in the wrong place, we couldnt do without you in here.

:up: Glad I could help!!

They're far better off saving that track for the next tour. It'll seem fresh and they can then drop........well, everything else from Achtung Baby.

Achtung Baby should be represented like every other album, maybe a bit more because of its popularity. But I'd rather them rotate the songs around and not play like 6 Achtung songs in one night

It's almost as much as the amount of HTDAAB songs played:huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's almost as much as the amount of HTDAAB songs played:huh:

Sao Paulo II had the same amount of songs from both AB and HTDAAB, five. :huh:

I think it would make a great opener for an encore. That opening guitar part really gets me going. :drool:

Ive always seeing EBTTRT has very Rolling Stonesnish, somehow.I mean,the lyrics of that song would sound great coming out of the mouth of Mick Jagger

"Give me one more chance you'll be satisfied
give me 2 more chances,you won't be denied.
Well my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between
Give me one more chance,let me be your lover tonight"

Maybe i'm way out of the field,but i really can picture very well the Stones doing a cover of that song.

Axver said:
Sao Paulo II had the same amount of songs from both AB and HTDAAB, five. :huh:

Ugh, nice point, sadly. Don't get me wrong, "The Fly" and "Zoo Station" are a lot of fun, and I'm sure "Wild Horses" is great too (I haven't seen it). But they've played tracks from that album throughout all of the last few tours. It's time to move on (particularly when it comes to a track that you only want to see one night, "Mysterious Ways", and a track that Bono hasn't put emotion into for about a decade, "One")........

Back
Top Bottom