European Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Here's my take on the European Set -

Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Fly
Gone (N)

Electrical Storm (N)

Electric Co.
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Until The End of the World
Dirty Day (N)
Numb (N)

A Man and a Woman (N)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Exit (N)
Love and Peace or Else
Please (N)
Streets
Pride

Encore 1
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species

Encore 2
Elevation
One
Bad-40

7 new songs - with explinations of each

Gone - favorite from Pop. This will definitely see the light of day again and I think the European leg is the spot to see it.

Electrical Storm - from what I understand this song did much better in Europe than in the States, so I think this will come to the surface this summer.

Dirty Day - Adam said Pop and Zooropa songs. Trying to figure out what Zooropa songs exactly, I think this one fits best on any tour. The problem with Zooropa, Daddy's Gonna Pay or Lemon is that they are all related to ZooTv. So I went with Dirty Day.

Numb - Another song from Zooropa I think will return. Especially since Edge hasn't done a solo since Pop. And Miracle Drug doesn't count, I mean a full-on solo.

A Man and a Woman - My thinking is that another song from the new album will be premiered with something getting kicked out for the majority of the leg. In this case, I think we'll finally see A Man and a Woman and Yahweh will take a breather. (Personally I want Yahweh to go for good).

Exit - I'm one of those firm believers that this song will come back on the setlist eventually. And my thinking is that it will be on this leg. I'm probably wrong, but I still beLIEve.

Please - Highlight of the Pop tour. This should be brought back full band, hands down.

So this is how I see the Vertigo Tour in Europe going setlist wise. Probably way off, but oh well. It's fun to make these anyway.:)

If you look back at previous tours you see that the big setlist-changes comes at the third leg. I don't see that they'll change the setlist all that to much. Perhaps they'll swap 2-4 songs maybe and bring in some stuff from zooropa/pop.

But when they return to the US in the autumn.. there's where my money is at the changes will be.

third leg setlist as follows
1.city of blinding lights
2.vertigo
3.elevation
4.last night on earth
5.the fly
6.twilight ( alternate electric co.
7. even better than the real thing
8. bullet the blue sky
9. new york
10. the unforgettable fire
11. in Gods country
12. heartland
13.crumbs from the table
14. electrical storm
15. beautiful day
16. miracle drug
17. numb ( alternate some days are better than others)
18.love & peace or else
19. where the streets have no name
encore 1
20.one tree hill
21.sometimes you cant make it on your own
22.walk on
encore 2
23. october/ new years day
24.until the end of the world

you saw it here first

bray said:
third leg setlist as follows
1.city of blinding lights
2.vertigo
3.elevation
4.last night on earth
5.the fly
6.twilight ( alternate electric co.
7. even better than the real thing
8. bullet the blue sky
9. new york
10. the unforgettable fire
11. in Gods country
12. heartland
13.crumbs from the table
14. electrical storm
15. beautiful day
16. miracle drug
17. numb ( alternate some days are better than others)
18.love & peace or else
19. where the streets have no name
encore 1
20.one tree hill
21.sometimes you cant make it on your own
22.walk on
encore 2
23. october/ new years day
24.until the end of the world

you saw it here first
city of blinding lights will not open over here in the UK, simply down to too much light, we wont see the affects of that song

Of your picks, I think Electical Storm, Please and Gone are the best bets. I think we'll see at least one of the unplayed HTDAAB songs, but I think it'll be Crumbs, not Man and Woman.

Electrical storm did ok when it was released in Europe, but it's not a song everyone was talking about like vertigo.

I think you're much more likely to see vertigo played twice, than electrical storm played at all.

all because of you hasn't been officially released here either, so i can see that only being played sporadically as well.

all because of you is unbelieveable, and it's completely underrated, and these setlists make no sense.

i love you guys.

ABOY was played in the US as it was a hit. over here it hasn't been. As i have it on good authority that the FOURTH international single will be OOTS, i think that it has a good chance of becoming a staple, maybe in a middle accoustic set with yahweh and stay/stas.

The setlist will be 80% the same as from the US leg. Expect maybe to see Crumbs make an appearance, thats all

U2Fan101 said:
Here's my take on the European Set -

Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Fly
Gone (N)

Electrical Storm (N)

Electric Co.
Sunday Bloody Sunday

Until The End of the World
Dirty Day (N)
Numb (N)

A Man and a Woman (N)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Exit (N)
Love and Peace or Else
Please (N)
Streets
Pride

Encore 1
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species

Encore 2
Elevation
One
Bad-40

7 new songs - with explinations of each

Gone - favorite from Pop. This will definitely see the light of day again and I think the European leg is the spot to see it.

Electrical Storm - from what I understand this song did much better in Europe than in the States, so I think this will come to the surface this summer.

Dirty Day - Adam said Pop and Zooropa songs. Trying to figure out what Zooropa songs exactly, I think this one fits best on any tour. The problem with Zooropa, Daddy's Gonna Pay or Lemon is that they are all related to ZooTv. So I went with Dirty Day.

Numb - Another song from Zooropa I think will return. Especially since Edge hasn't done a solo since Pop. And Miracle Drug doesn't count, I mean a full-on solo.

A Man and a Woman - My thinking is that another song from the new album will be premiered with something getting kicked out for the majority of the leg. In this case, I think we'll finally see A Man and a Woman and Yahweh will take a breather. (Personally I want Yahweh to go for good).

Exit - I'm one of those firm believers that this song will come back on the setlist eventually. And my thinking is that it will be on this leg. I'm probably wrong, but I still beLIEve.

Please - Highlight of the Pop tour. This should be brought back full band, hands down.

So this is how I see the Vertigo Tour in Europe going setlist wise. Probably way off, but oh well. It's fun to make these anyway.:)

That's a great set list, very fresh indeed.

barracuda said:
If you look back at previous tours you see that the big setlist-changes comes at the third leg. I don't see that they'll change the setlist all that to much. Perhaps they'll swap 2-4 songs maybe and bring in some stuff from zooropa/pop.

But when they return to the US in the autumn.. there's where my money is at the changes will be.

What you haven't taken into consideration, though, is that the US leg was arenas and the European leg is stadiums. I think that with the differences in production and audience, it will definitely mean there will be a different setlist.

I believe Edge told someone that Electrical Storm will be played BY the third leg, i.e. implying they want to bring it out during the second leg. I think it will appear in Europe as it was a much more successful single in that part of the world than in the US. I also think that we will finally see Crumbs in Europe too. Gone is a good prediction, and I would absolutely love to see Dirty Day back in the set. I'm also thinking the Lemon rumours may come to fruition. Elevation may stay and I am expecting I Will Follow. Final prediction: no All Because Of You. It wasn't a single in Europe and they won't cut Vertigo.

Predictions for Europe and beyond.

-Crumbs From Your Table (count on it)
-Please (VERY likely, trust me)
-Gone (hasnt been worked on, but simple one for them to do and it makes sense)
-Stay (acoustic unfortunately, easy for them to do)
-I Will Follow (surprised it hasnt been done yet)

Possible but nowhere near definates:

-Numb (although I think the song is kind of boring live)
-Lemon (although I think the rehearsal rumors were just that despite what some have claimed, still possible if they are thinking of doing Zooropa tunes, could be trouble for Bono vocally though.)

What I would like to see done:

Instead of the Achtung Baby trio encore, how about the POP trio encore (which could alternate with the Achtung encore):
Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Gone

would be awesome!

They could also add October to the setlist on nights they do NY Day and play it right before NY Day like the old days.

PS: All Because Of You will definately be played in Europe. The band enjoy playing the song, doesnt matter that it wasnt a single there.

Last edited:
Bring on DIRTY FUCKIN' DAY!!! :rockon:
Ultra Violet would be cool too.

Axver said:

What you haven't taken into consideration, though, is that the US leg was arenas and the European leg is stadiums. I think that with the differences in production and audience, it will definitely mean there will be a different setlist.

I believe Edge told someone that Electrical Storm will be played BY the third leg, i.e. implying they want to bring it out during the second leg. I think it will appear in Europe as it was a much more successful single in that part of the world than in the US. I also think that we will finally see Crumbs in Europe too. Gone is a good prediction, and I would absolutely love to see Dirty Day back in the set. I'm also thinking the Lemon rumours may come to fruition. Elevation may stay and I am expecting I Will Follow. Final prediction: no All Because Of You. It wasn't a single in Europe and they won't cut Vertigo.

Yeah it'd be kinda bad if they dropped the hit single and NAME of the tour, huh? :laugh: "Actually, we're tired of Vertigo, so we're changing the name of the tour to the Acrobat Tour..." :wink:

Good post though, I agree with all of it.

U2Fan101, I'd be in heaven if they played your set, but it's pretty doubtful... seven new songs seems like a bit much, and I think Crumbs is more likely than AMAAW anyway (and better for the live setting, though they are maybe having an acoustic set in Europe, in which case AMAAW would probably end up there). Then again I suppose if they rotated, played either Dirty Day or Gone, or something. I dunno.

bray, your setlist for the third leg is probably the most outrageous thing I've ever seen, and would totally rule (One Tree Hill and Heartland...yeeeeeah). Last Night on Earth-->The Fly?! :faint: So perfect. They should totally throw LNOE into the Zoo encore. Or whoever said a Pop encore, I could go for that too :D

Blue Room said:
Predictions for Europe and beyond.

-Crumbs From Your Table (count on it)
-Please (VERY likely, trust me)
-Gone (hasnt been worked on, but simple one for them to do and it makes sense)
-Stay (acoustic unfortunately, easy for them to do)
-I Will Follow (surprised it hasnt been done yet)

--

PS: All Because Of You will definately be played in Europe. The band enjoy playing the song, doesnt matter that it wasnt a single there.

There is no real standard U2 Acoustic set this tour (I mean Bono & Edge Only) So stay has SOME chance of going full band....I hope so.
I'm still hoping for a slight chance of Dirty Day to be played....after all its about Bono's father (on some part right?) It COULD work after Sometimes......Love and peace and Dirty Day are actually quite alike :hmm:

I really hope they play Crumbs too.....Where will it come in?...By Dublin time?, Its exciting waiting for this one.

and Yes All Because Of You, I can't believe how many people are saying it will be droped because it wasnt a single in Europe....Its a great rocker, and I like where its being played in the set.

Also, do you know anything on Electrical Storm?....I hope they play that too.

Last edited:
bono_man2002, your right, there is no acoustic set currently. But dont be surprised if it happens in Europe and then gets added to the arena shows on the third leg. The ramps and possible B stages being discussed for the stadium stage fit an acoustic set. If the band gets comfortable with that they will continue it for the third leg most likely. The only good thing about an acoustic set for me is that it encourages and makes it easier for them to have more variety. I think if the acoustic thing happens they will also play Man And Woman at some point. Otherwise I'm not sure that one is going to get played on this tour other than maybe a snippet somewhere. I hope it gets done though because I think it has more potential as a live song, sort of like In A Little While was for the Elevation tour.

Will be interesting to see what they pull out from the Zooropa album. I have a feeling though its not going to be more than a couple of songs from it. The song from POP I would love to see them do is Mofo. Would have NEVER thought it was possible, but prior to this tour I never thought we would get Zoo Station again either. So you never know. Should be interesting and exciting.

Back
Top Bottom